Wanted: Bio Or Mechanical: Send Mocs To Brickfair

BZPower prides itself in overtaking the Bionicle display at any LEGO convention, but with BrickFair being the country's largest means for AFOLs to congregate and show off, we count on you, the members to help us make it memorable as we unforgivingly show just what the Lincoln Logs of LEGO themes can do. How? By mailing your MOCs to stand with the best and brightest creations of BrickFair 2012. Everything you need to know follows.View the full article

I'll be bringing my very cool MOC[ to BrickFair. I look forward to seeing everybody else's very nifty BIONICLE/Hero Factory MOCs. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

If you did not enter BBCC 63, do you still get a prototype piece for sending an MOC in?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

It would be cool to send models in sometime, but I'm not that good a builder. I've seen pictures of the amazing things that are displayed at these conventions, I don't want to waste space with something mediocre.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

If you're going in person, you should just bring your MOC with you. If for some reason you can't, you should send it to the address we gave. I don't think Todd Webb (who runs BrickFair) handles people mailing their MOCs in.
If I were to do this, should I arrive on the setup dates (2nd or 3rd) to display them? Would I need to register as an exhibitor to do so? Also, would I have to attend until the last day in order to pick them up?Also where do I register for the event? Cause I can't find that on the site. :[

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

If you're going in person, you should just bring your MOC with you. If for some reason you can't, you should send it to the address we gave. I don't think Todd Webb (who runs BrickFair) handles people mailing their MOCs in.
If I were to do this, should I arrive on the setup dates (2nd or 3rd) to display them? Would I need to register as an exhibitor to do so? Also, would I have to attend until the last day in order to pick them up?Also where do I register for the event? Cause I can't find that on the site. :[
Yeah, they expect you to set the stuff up on the setup dates, mostly because that's when the exhibitors get a chance to see all the MOCs, and I think they take pictures for the website then. Yeah, you have to register, because then they can make a display card for the MOC(s) you submit. You could pick them up either day, but it's best to keep them out both days. You don't have to come to pick them up. You can get a friend to pick them up and mail them if you'd like. I guess I could do that if you need. :)Before registering, you have to sign up on the website.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Yeah, they expect you to set the stuff up on the setup dates, mostly because that's when the exhibitors get a chance to see all the MOCs, and I think they take pictures for the website then. Yeah, you have to register, because then they can make a display card for the MOC(s) you submit. You could pick them up either day, but it's best to keep them out both days. You don't have to come to pick them up. You can get a friend to pick them up and mail them if you'd like. I guess I could do that if you need. :)Before registering, you have to sign up on the website.
To add to this - in order to display your MOCs you're supposed to register and pay and be a full attendee. We circumvent things a little by having members send in their creations. But if you're going to be there in person, you wouldn't be able to come in on Thursday or Friday unless you were registered for the full event.

To add to this - in order to display your MOCs you're supposed to register and pay and be a full attendee. We circumvent things a little by having members send in their creations. But if you're going to be there in person, you wouldn't be able to come in on Thursday or Friday unless you were registered for the full event.
Thanks, both of you. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but this helps.If I did sign up as an exhibitor, would there be any extra fees?

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Thanks, both of you. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but this helps.If I did sign up as an exhibitor, would there be any extra fees?
When you pay your registration fee as an attendee, you can then register MOCs for the various themes. There really aren't any fees beyond the registration charge. You are more likely to get better goodies the sooner you register though.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Actually, I'm reconsidering sending something. How good does a MOC have to be to be worth sending?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

So it's flat rate return shipping now? That's nice, makes it easy for us.
It is if you are in the US and you aren't sending something extremely heavy or in an express shipping package. If it costs more than the stated $10, be responsible and cover your return shipping.Please.-CF Edited by ChocolateFrogs

nexo_shields_9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So, to clarify, we can bring MOCs to BrickFair on our own if we are attending, correct? For instance, do MOCs such as the BBC Contest entries need to be sent to DeeVee to avoid being disqualified, or is their presence checked at the convention once all MOCs are set up?~B~

So, to clarify, we can bring MOCs to BrickFair on our own if we are attending, correct? For instance, do MOCs such as the BBC Contest entries need to be sent to DeeVee to avoid being disqualified, or is their presence checked at the convention once all MOCs are set up?~B~
As long as it's there. If you are coming, bring it yourself. :)

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg