Strike From The Shadows

Grantaire

IC: Valyet:The mutant gave a quick grin before focusing back on climbing upwards. If she could get into the station and get to the ventilation shaft, she could use her fumes to knock out the personel from the inside. Reaper would be used to fend off anyone who would still be awake while she overloaded the system. Ko-Metru would be isolated from the rest of the island, cutting off a valuable piece of knowledge for both factions alike.

OOC: Yeah, essentially. I think I'll just add an OOC to the end of my every post with him to show Olzet's charge.IC: Hualn caught the glow of the mask again. It didn't change as the toa turned intangible-evidently it was the same kanohi.Fe-Toa-Faxon, backup kanohi: ?The miniature tornado around Hualn's blade intensified a little as his back began to suck in air and his front expelled more. Iron spikes flying at his body were battered and sliced away by this reinforced armor and Olzet. He landed without a hitch to cut right through the ethereal body of his foe.At this point he began to run around the toa while exuding air from his back and feet for hovering and armor. With one hand his blade cut through the phased body and stayed within it; with the other he retrieved shuriken.The idea behind this move was simple: This toa could no longer use his Iron to directly attack thanks to his inclusion in Olzet's zone. Any attacks from outside of it could probably be dodged. And if the guy tried to escape in phased form, then Hualn would just follow and continue to pester him. Eventually the Faxon would run out or the toa would try to switch. At that point, Hualn's foe would be sliced or skewered by the continuous blade work.As well, the sheer speed of his movements kept his own abilities difficult to analyze. And he was regaining shuriken as he ran. Even if the toa somehow escaped without serious injury, Hualn would have left the circle with more ammunition and his enemy lacking in information.Hence, he only spammed on. He won either way.OOC: -
OOC: The toa can't attack with iron... why? The way I'm reading it, Olzet's zone blocks all powers or perceptions from entering the zone. If Turano is in the centre of the bubble, what is there to stop him from creating metal within the bubble (it isn't entering the zone, so cannot be excluded) or manipulating metal within the zone (again, there's nothing to exclude, because nothing is coming in or out). Sorry, I'm not following the train of though there. Mind explaining? I'll edit this IC once I understand what's going on.IC (Turano, Po-Metru): Turano took a moment to consider his situation, wondering what he should do next.

ppg2.png

OOC: Zacax, I'd advise you to wait a good 30 minutes of in game time to post again. Seriously, in the condition your character is in, it'd take him that long.

IC - Naho - Port StrikeNaho stopped short, a grin on her face. The pirate captain honestly believed she would duel him on his own grounds, with a home field advantage."Not today, boy. Call me later. We can dance another time," she said, not attempting to hide her sarcasm at all.He was suddenly distracted, for a moment, as the air in his lungs was replaced by water. She didn't overdue it- if he was lucky he'd regurgitate it in a matter of seconds with no ill effects. By then, however, she would be gone. She emulated the ability she'd seen a Skakdi use in conjunction- air, and blew her way through the storm, and she wheeled around him and through the tanks, not a strike touching her.She wove her way towards the fort, looking for a weak spot.
IC: Borak laughed as the water fizzled out the second it was generated, and slammed Naho into the ground with his magnetic powers. His eyebeams flared as he sought to drain her very life out of her."You should have settled with a duel," he laughed.OOC: I'm becoming very glad that I gave Borak his third power.Meanwhile, the other attacks the skakdi crew had made were bearing fruit. The earthquakes sent Exathia to the ground, and a chasm began to open up in the earth under her. Meanwhile, several lightning bolts honed down upon Sontarok; one might miss him, but the others were right on.The two storm makers were taken by surprise, and the storm wavered - although its lightnings continued without control - as one screamed in agony, the bolt hitting him glancingly in the side. It was not a killing blow, or an incapacitating blow, but it made them lose control for a short time.Before Korvus could press his attack, a toa and a vortixx advanced; the toa blue armored, while the vortixx wielded twin automatic firework revolvers which she began firing.

IC(Zadahk C862-A): Zadahk hit the water with the Skadki. The Skadki, if he wasn't dead, would certainly be knocked out. Zadahk on the other hand, was powering up again. Damage Amount: %48. Remaining Power Levels: %38.

Edited by Cinnamon Grochi

WIP

IC: [Lithus] - Ga-Metru, Port StrikeLithus, still working her way closer and closer to the fortress, navigating through the veritable sea of rubble, drew two more arrows from her quiver, notching them into her bow, before letting them loose on the two storm-bringing Skakdi.Let's hope this slows them down, she thought desperately, before ducking back down behind a piece of debris.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Naho - Port StrikeNaho looked out into the sea. Beautiful. Constant. Comforting. A practically unending expanse. Not only that. A practically unending water source."I question the wisdom of fighting a Toa of water..."She reached out her hand, even as her life was drained. It hadn't gone into too much effect just yet, and she was still strong."...beside an ocean."A blast of water slammed right into Borak, knocking his focus off. Water continued to come at him, however, and wouldn't stop unless he could "fizzle out" the sea. As soon as Borak was able to look up, Naho and Exathia were gone, into the fort.Phase one was in action.

Edited by Shadow Guardian

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:Anyone who knew the basics of archery could have told Lithus that unlike in movies, two arrows fired from one bow was another way of saying impossible. One arrow flew somewhat straight, but fell to the ground well before the two skakdi. The other flew wildly, landing far to the right.Still, the air skaki, was done in, staggering to the ground with the pain from his wound. With a roar his companion sent a wave of water slamming into Lithus's position. Meanwhile,at the lines, the one matoran bellowed out."Underground! Underground!"In reply, several skakdi and a toa slammed their hands on the ground. Under he feet of the protectorate, several things happened. Hand of fire reached out of the earrth to grab, or the ground broke apart into chasms, or turned into lava.OOC: even if Borak wasn't proof against elemental attacks like that, there's still no way you'd get away with that, KNI. Think, two toa would have to charge straight through a line of skakdi, and other assorted species. that spells suicide in my book. And also, Exathia is being slightly held down by the earthquake.IC:The attack was, again, futile. Although an ambush could work against Borak, once he had activated his power, it was futile. The blast of water did not fizzle out, it simply rebounded, rebounded, and rebounded from the skakdi, it did however result in him losing concentration for a crucial second, allowing Naho to get to her feet. Unharmed by the water, which was now flying straight back into the sea, Borak aimed a scything slash from his sawblade, which would hopefully slice the toa in two.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

OOC: Time for a PC besides Zar to get involved at Ga-WahiIC(Xeno, Ga-metru docks): Xeno arrived in the middle of a warzone. It seemed that several ships had come into port, and arrived at the same time as a small group of Protectorate members, headed by the hated Toa Naho. He stood, and unsheathed a claymore, and grabbed his Rhotrouka launcher. He crawled out of his hole, and into the battle. He arrived as an individual toa shot two arrows at the skakdi bringing the rainstorm. He had found his target. He charged a spinner, and launched at Lithus. OOC: The shot brings incredible joint pain temporarily, like extreme arthuritis.-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC - Naho - Port StrikeShe gazed in horror and slight amazement as he batted the attacks aside, not one striking him. Whatever he was, he was definitely a cut above the rest. She sighed deeply."A duel it is then."She ducked the scythe-blade, jabbing forward with her blade. He other hand generated a bit of water and she splashed it up in his face, to absolutely no effect. Maybe she could wear down on the ability.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: ZacaxZacax kept looking for Lhikan, it took longer than he wanted to due to his condition. Zacax was nearly halfway to the top, if he didn't have this missing leg, could have taken him shorter...he had to keep going, or else every member of the strike time would surely die.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: I meant, Zacax, it would take you a good 15 minutes or more to get to the chute station. ;)IC: Borak ignored the attack as it fizzled out in front of him. Pard was keeping fairly close, but not fighting, it being a duel. Still, he was close enough to allow Borak to access his magnetism power. He made note of that for future use. For now however, he sent a blast of shadow a Naho's legs, while aiming his eyebeams at her head. At the same time, he slashed his sword downward to deflect Naho's weapon.

IC: SontarokSeeing three bolts of lightning bearing down on him, he used his Kualsi to transport about ten feet back. He then shot a small blast of ice at the lightning, hoping to prevent it from harming anyone else.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC - Naho - Port StrikeNaho seemed distracted as the two attacks came at her, so much that she nearly tripped when she twisted to avoid both attacks. She seemed focused on something that wasn't there.The Toa swung her sword from the right, a blast of water accompanying it. Again, nothing happened. She still seemed to be focused, however.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:Borak noticed the lack of concentration of the toa--Was it lack? A skilled toa like Naho, in this situation, would never lose focus for no reason.The only reason thus was that she was no losing focus, at all. With a roar, Borak slashed his sword in a block of Naho's blade, while at the same time sweeping his eyebeams at her; highly, lowly, leftly, and rightly in a pale yellow web that left little to dodge. He followed up with a thrown shard of metal he grabbed from the nearby area with his magnetic power.

IC: ZacaxZacax kept headin up to the top, he needed to get there fast, he could get his leg healed up later, or even better, build a mechanical leg for himself! I mean he can repair Vahki limbs, maybe he use his knowledge of that and make a robotic leg.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Miraul and the team looked at one another. Naho was definately overwhelmed. Backup would be an extremely good thing right now. Activating his gauntlets, Miraul triggered an all frequency broadcast,"This is Protectorate recruit Miraul. Currently praticipating in an assult on a Dark Hunter fortress in Ga-Metru lead by Naho. We are outnumbered and in severe need of backup. Requesting any available forces."Turning to his team, Miraul issued some orders. "Vilak, cover Hikari while she takes out those snipers. Cy, with me. It looks like the commander could use some backup." OOC:I would think radio might exist here. Hopefully someone at the Coliseum can pick that up. IC: Miraul and Cy stood further back, watching the fight. Miraul saw the elemental difficulties, and knew that this Skakdi must have some kind of element suppression power. No one as skilled as Naho should have been could be bested in elemental abilties that easily. "Cy, I think that one has an element suppression power. Use vertigo. I'll try some weaken shuriken-no element is tied to that."Cy nodded. He dropped to one knee, holding his right arm in front as a small green sheild three feet in diameter deployed. A second later, he placed his left hand next to the edge of the feild, and vertigo blasts began to fire out. Miraul threw two weaken shuriken, using his Kakama to increase the speed and power of the throw.OOC: Hikari will target snipers when I return.

OOC: *sigh* I wish people would recall just when they're in the middle of a warzone, and then RP like they are.IC:What the team had failed to realize was that the ground under them was trying to kill them with fire. Literally. Both Cy and Mirual had no time to use their attacks; under Mirual a massive chasm was opening, while a hand of fire grew out of the ground behind Cy, fingers threatening to turn him to ash.

IC(Xeno, on the battlefield of Ga-Metru): Xeno, having already shot his rhotrouka, looked at the other elements of the battle. Toa Naho was locked in mortal combat with a Skakdi from the Dark Hunters, Borak, if he remembered the name correctly. But there were two small toa about to intervene. Unfortunately, one was about to fall into a chasm, and the other was threatened by a hand of pure fire.What could he do, but make things worse for the two toa?He launched another spinner, this time aimed at Cy. The blast would spread, causing extreme pain in the joints. If the toa still had the ability to move after that, he would only move slowly.-Bane

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC - Naho - Port Strike DuelThough Naho was grateful for the help, she couldn't let her guard down at this point. She leapt, sheathing her sword, as eye beams came at her from every possible direction. One singed her forearm, but she ignored the pain. It could've been worse. She twisted back, leaping away from another eye beam. This was looking good. Another one barely missed her left temple. She could feel the heat. Things weren't going to get any better, esowciay with her concentration impaired by her ulterior directive. One more blast of water...one more instance of Borak's ability...She had it down. She had copied the power to near-perfection.And just in time, it seemed. A piece of metal was coming at her. Of she was right, and she hoped she was, he was using magnetism. That was how it had felt earlier when she was drawn to the ground. Not like gravity. Not like metalic manipulation. Magnetism. When the piece of metal came at her, she activated her- or rather, Borak's -ability. The magnetism was warped. It rebounded right at Borak. But it wouldn't affect him, it was elementally charged. His sword, however... The blade was bent backwards, magnetism so strong effecting it, it could've been clay. It was bent in half, which they snapped. That half halved itself as well. The process went on and on, until he was practically holding a hilt. "Sorry about that."She came at him again, swinging her sword down at his shoulder.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Unfortunately, Borak's eyebeams had nothing to do with heat. A simple graze was enough, and strength seemed to vanish from Naho's stricken forearm. In response, his hand glowed, even as his blade broke. Naho's sword cut down-And he released the energy bolt from his palm, making no attempt to block the blade's attack, which slammed into his pauldron and, not being built to break through plate armor, left nothing except for a light dent. However, at the range she was at, and the lack of movement involved in using a melee attack, it would be far more difficult for Naho to block the energy blast that now traveled the few feet between Borak's hand and her chest. His eyebeams flashed again as he nodded his head, sending the pale yellow beam at Naho.

IC: ZacaxZacax wondered where he could fin an elevator to the top. It would make things easier. He just hoped he would make it, his master might already die, but he didn't want the whole squad to die.

IC - Naho - Port Strike DuelNaho gasped as her arm was struck by the beam. Fortunately, it hadn't been a lasting blow- at this point it felt like a right-handed person having two left hands. First, the beam of energy coming at her was dodged, but just barely. She thanked the spirits for her reflexes, the only reason she was alive at this point. She got out of the way of the eye beams with a bit more ease, coming around behind him and trying to strike him in the back of the knee.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC(Zadahk C862-A): Toa Naho in danger. Remove Danger. Zadahk flew off into the air, a little wobbly at first, but managed to zoom towards the battlefield. Zadahk saw Naho fighting her enemy and launched a Disk of Freezing. Power Level 6. Ga-Metru. Surrender Or Run

WIP

IC: TahukamaTahukama's paralysis finally faded away...one problem, his shoulder was shot. He was wounded. He was able to get up, slowly, however he was in no state to fight. This was bad...IC: ZacaxZacax kept climbing up each level of the Coliseum, looking for Lhikan, or at least someone who was in charge.OOC: Zacax opened for interaction.

IC(Xeno, Ga-metru): From where Xeno was, he saw a Vahki launch a freezing disk at the Skakdi fighting toa Naho. He had no idea how to stop the disk, but he could stop the Vahki. moving faster than seemed possible for someone without a Kakama, he jumped onto the wall. He charged three spinners, and shot them in a splay pattern. If one didn't hit, the next would. He saw several Le-metru freeze disks lying around, and grabbed them too, shooting them off in the same patter. In this hail of fire, the Vahki could not possibly stay airborne.-Bane

BZRPG profiles

IC: Sontarok teleported back again, this time about 10 feet. He then noticed Naho fighting, and thought he should assist. He shot a long range, small blast of ice at Naho's opponent.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: SongSong nodded. "Alright."With a single hand movement, a boulder hurled at Ayana from the left, and one from the right. Song had decided to start small.
IC: Ayana, Le-MetruAyana swung her hammer single handedly, smashing it into the boulder on her right, sending flying away in numerous pieces. Without pausing, she kicked out horizontally with her left leg, meeting the remaining boulder with her foot. The rock was crushed as if it was shale.That done, she twirled her hammer and waited for more.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: [Lithus] - Ga-Metru, Port StrikeThe skakdi's wave of water hit Lithus head on, coming too fast for her to even attempt to manipulate. The liquid sent the Toa hurtling away, which, all things considered, was a stroke of luck, as it moved her out of the way of Xeno's spinner, albeit by only a few millimetres.Hitting the ground in a derelict and dry canal, Lithus, finally managed to get a grip on reality, manipulating the water around her to shoot her up, into the air, back onto the battlefield.Alas, just like her last attempt at jumping, she ended up landing face-first in a pile of garbage.-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: If Levacius were here, he would have accepted the duel in style. cool.pngBut there's more important things to do in this universe than Metru-Nui. Demon lords, slavers, giant Ice Skakdi, evil maps, magic squids, Elm Street...IC: Exathia / FortressExathia had seemingly vanished when the ground chasm opened, but had managed to get out her pick and stab it into the ground as she was falling, hanging there helplessly. Stone began to form from the crack under her feet, and over, allowing her to step up and out of the hole and set her shield up once more. When Naho sent her wave of water, it pulled the gaze of the snipers just enough for her to make another go for the wall, stopping near the edge.Holding her shield above her head to stop oncoming attacks she withdrew her pick and placed her hand on the wall. Her conscious began to spread out, feeling the stone around her... the small, shattered pieces from where a catapult had hit a previous fortress here... that which lay underneath the earths surface... the fortress that stood here.OOC: Of course, had to give up some points in Wisdom for Dexterity, but....-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Ayana, Le-MetruAyana grabbed the boulder, swung it around, and crushed it with her fists, sending shards exploding outward. Many of the incoming stones were knocked off-course, and the ones that weren't were knocked away quickly found themselves brushed aside by sweeping blows, curtoesy of Ayana and her Pakari.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Lev. You were with the main group, thus you had the crew of Borak between you and the wall. Please, please take that into account.IC:It seemed now that the fortress guards had finally gotten tired of the back and forth battle between the crew and the toa. The gates opened, and the first ranks of vahki marched out. Thirty in total, they spread out into two thin lines of fifteen vahki, covering roughly the entire front of the fortress. The line of skakdi was in their way, but between the two ranks were several toa.>enemies: estimated up to a dozen.>status: split in two, main group separated by pirate crew.>tactical suggestion: destroy those in front, then those on the far.>suggestion adapted.Stun bolts, bolts of loyalty, and disks flew at the toa in front of them, angled down as to not hit the skakdi beyond. Slowly the vahki advanced in ordered ranks.With Exathia no longer in the group, and Naho no longer copying her power, the Hau shield around the toa was gone. In that time, the number of snipers in the fortress windows had greatly increased. Elemental attacks combined with stranger things such as vertigo bolts, or fear attacks. Precision aimed energy bolts, electricity, lightstones, or even some standard bullets. At any rate, it was a murderous fire.IC:Borak expertly stepped forwards, casually deflecting Naho's blade by moving his greave into the path of her sword, even as a disk slammed where he had been before. a wave of solid shadow rippled out of him at Naho. OOC: non elemental shadow, incidentally, just like Roodaka's.The disadvantage of RPing so many NPCs is that I forget their powers, but I'm pretty sure at least in my head, Pard was an ice skakdi.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

IC: Sontarok, noticing the rush of Vahki, chose a Vahki to fire at, shooting an extremely concentrated blast of ice at its body.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

OOC: She wasn't going for the same front wall as the others, she was going for another part of the fortress off to the side. Unless there's only one wall on this fortress, which I guess is possible. It could be the Less Great Wall of Ga-Metru.And if I die, I'm blaming you, KNI. And then I'm bringing in Levacius, which everyone can blame you for.@ Zarayna; Make a list on Excel. You don't even need names.IC: Exathia / Fortress WallsSniper bolts pushed Exathia back as more Skakdi and others came rushing out to that area of the wall to prevent attacks - some enemies were seemingly dropping from above. Unable to maintain concentration, she backed away from the wall and rushed back, turning her shield to place the barrier between her and the multiple attacks.Stretching out her hand, she caused the stone of the fortress to reach out to grab one of the larger Hunters and turn them into a living weapons against the others surrounding it. As she worked, more and more hands were forming, now reaching into the fortress wall and ripping chunks of stone off of it to throw at the towers and support structures, effectively turning that individual wall into an animated weapon against those that were counting on it for the defense.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: SongSong nodded approvingly, and sent a boulder flying from all four ides.
IC: Ayana, Le-MetruAyana pulled her Kanabo off of her back, swing her hammer as she did so, striking the boulder before her, and then striking the boulder behind her with her Kanabo. The two stones fragmented from the strength of the Pakari. Then, with perfect timing, she backflipped away, and the two boulders on either side of her collided.Looking up at Song, her face still sullen, without sign of emotion, Ayana spoke. "How was that?"

pNNgXax.jpg