chimorukalbanner.pngThis is my Chimoru fan kit I started way back, about a month the whole "Chimoru [greek letter here]" fad. This thing has been at least two and half years and three computers in the making. It's been "published" before, but I don't think I ever made an official post or anything. So here it is, the product of months of doing not much in a ton of small chunks. Use it, enjoy it, ignore it, whatever.BodiesMasksIf there is something missing that you need/want for a project, feel free to ask. I can't promise anything about when it'll get done, but I'll make an effort.C&C appreciated.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Whoa. Now I know where Leraku's body came from! Nice, you got some Toa there, and it's very detailed. I love the custom bodies thing. The masks are nice and shiny, with fitting textures, though Chimoru R wins in that regard. Still a great kit, and now I know where so many comic sprites are coming from!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Why is anyone still using that Chimorumod I made in like 2009 for anythingI'm sorry but it's kind of really terrible
I thought your version was one of the more original back when you made it, so I six-shaded it after a while because you seemed to have dropped it. Then I just had it in there for the longest time. I'll take it out if you want.
Whoa. Now I know where Leraku's body came from!Nice, you got some Toa there, and it's very detailed. I love the custom bodies thing.The masks are nice and shiny, with fitting textures, though Chimoru R wins in that regard.Still a great kit, and now I know where so many comic sprites are coming from!
The Toa Metru were the first thing I made, back for tri-shading. As for the Toa Mata, I'm okay with how they turned out, but I think they're awkward in practice. If anything, that'll be the first thing I redo.The masks were probably my favorite part of this. I wanted to make them more set accurate, but still maintain a Chimoru feel. One of my issues with Chimoru R is that the masks look good, but they don't fit well with the original kit's design.Thank you very much.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Awesome (old) work on the kit Justax. I remember when I first saw this kit a couple years ago, I liked it a lot. I guess now I can actually comment on it. There are some things that I really like about the kit and some that just are a bit irritating. I really like how the kit is like an armor upgrade to the chimoru kit, and how it also looks like the MoL matoran in the process. The bodies are really my favorite part of the kit. They all look really good, especially the Metruan MK 2. The boots also look really good, but there are a couple of things that I think might've helped look a little better. The boots when they sit down are just regular chimoru, even when its metruan feet. The rest of the feet are fine except that one little detail. The main things I'm not too fond of is the arms. The holes in the arms look weird with the silver around them, and the shoulders make no sense whatsoever. The shoulders look like they're barely attached to the bodies. Some of the proportions are wrong on some of the bodies as well, considering how large the kit is I won't really go into specifics as I don't think you have any intention of working on the kit again anyway.Most of the masks are just minorly edited to make the mask holes slant a little. Some of them are completely redone so I'll just critic those. The Miru looks pretty good but the peice that connected the top part of the mask with the bottom looks really odd with it being angled. The side view also looks a little weird as it doesn't jut out as much as it does in the actual mask. Then again you're going for a much more 'Chimoru' feel so I won't really argue about it. The kakama looks good, no complaints there. The kaukau is probably my favorite mask you've made for the kit. I think the rest of the masks don't really fit the armored style of the bodies except the kaukau. The kaukau just fits perfectly with it. The way it looks really gives it a really cool look, matching the rest of the kit. The akaku is also good except in some areas it looks a little odd. I can't really specifically identify what looks odd about it so I guess no complaints. Rest of the masks look pretty good so good job. I think you did a great job on the kit and I still think it looks really awesome. If you do continue to work on the kit then I hope to see more soon.

One of my issues with Chimoru R is that the masks look good, but they don't fit well with the original kit's design.
The main reason why they don't fit the original style of Chimoru is because I actually paid attention to details unlike Dark. Most if not all of the chimoru masks were deformed in some way. I designed the masks to be more set accurate then cartoony.~Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 5 months later...