Bohrok Vs Rahkshi

Tilius

Which are better?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bohrok all the way. Story far more involved, original, brilliant, surprising, etc.And they could form spheres. Yarr...

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Rolling with the Bohrok on this one. The sets were quite cool (not that the Rahkshi weren't as well, but the Bohrok man), and they honestly had a more menacing presence in the story than the Rahkshi ever did. They also had a much better origin story than "worms of evil in suits of armor" (though it started off looking that way, funnily enough).Bonus: you can easily portmanteau bro into Bohrok to make 'Brohrok', but can you do that with Rahkshi? No? Point for the Brohrok.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I voted Rahkshi because of their larger variety of powers, and their affiliation with the Brotherhood of Makuta.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Both are rip off. You have no idea how many I bought just to get the Krana and Kraata I want >:o Just kidding :PIMO I like Rahkshi more, because they wreck more cities then an army of Bohrak :P

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Gotta go Bohrok for me; their characteristics and involvement in the story was much more in-depth, and I loved the way that we slowly discover more about them and just how important they are.They are also generally really awesome, what with launching facehugger-brains and their ability to turn into balls.

Bohrok, simply better as sets and story wise also in my opinion. I mean the Krana were just so much cooler in comparison to the Kraata. Plus I can't stand the leg design of the Rahkshi, specifically the lower legs, they're just so hideously long and...ugh I just don't like them at all.

That's a tough one, I love Rahkshi beyond all belief but I think Bohrok win this one. The story with the Bohrok was amazing and as a set they were solid. The Rahkshi were cool set pieces to put on display, but with the way their staff and body were built, they didn't have all that much playability (though play with them I did).

“Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong.” - Unknown

"You can get her all the chocolates and roses you want, but a woman will never forget her first wheel of cheese." - Puff

Rahkshi for me, simply because I got them right when they came out, but didn't get my first Bohrak until a few years ago.Besides, they got a movie. cool.png-Inferna
Bohrok were in that movie too. :P
The fact I forgot they had an appearance shows you how memorable they were to me. :P-Inferna

Rahkshi for me, simply because I got them right when they came out, but didn't get my first Bohrak until a few years ago.Besides, they got a movie. cool.png-Inferna
Bohrok were in that movie too. :P
The fact I forgot they had an appearance shows you how memorable they were to me. :P-Inferna
LOL. Guess so. But the real awesomeness was Piraka. Piraka in Miramax-style would be awesome. (Don't get me wrong, I prefer TLR style, but for the Piraka, I'd want to see a whole movie with them and the Inika in Miramax style.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Bohrok all the way! I like my sets to have functions (which is why post-06 is just sad to me), and the Bohrok have three! They could move their head to strike, smack their eye to steal/wear their Krana, and they roll into a ball for display! We continually learn more about them, and they're just mad destruction machines with a single purpose: clear Mata Nui.The Rahkshi were kinda dull. They had lots of powers, but it almost makes them seem OP. Sure they could swim their arms like any canister set up to 04, and I'll admit I enjoyed smacking their heads to fling the Kraata, butsetwise, kinda dull and ugly. Storyline wise, they're powerful armies of disposable minions that were way too common, but not well expanded on.

Bohrok. I could always make a ball of them and hit my little brother in the head with them from about 12 feet away. I was pretty accurate as well. :P The Rahkshi.....well, I didn't like the arm-gear-thing. Reminded me a bit too much of the Dark Crystal(Props to those who know what I'm talking about.)

WIP

Bohrok, because the sets were amazing. The simplicity and elegance of the design combined with the brilliantly excecuted functions make them much more interesting sets for me than the rather plain Rahkshi. Story-wise, I like them about the same. However, I preferred the Rahkshi when six of them were a serious threat on their own, before they got demoted to mass-killable mooks.

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

Bohrok all the way. Their Krana make them awesome. I loved how Lewa had a Krana on and was taken over. (Poor Lewa he always ended up taken over). Also they could roll into balls, which is awesome.The name of this thread makes me want to make a spoof of the song Martians Vs Goblins, but with Bohrok Vs Rahkshi. Except that song has lots of curse words so it would never work.

Bohrok were very cool, but simple drones, while Rahkshi were far more evil. Bohrok can be controlled by any good or bad people, while Rahkshi can only be controlled by Makuta. (See Destiny War for the Bohrok/Rahkshi fight in Metru Nui) So yeah I like Rahkshi better.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

Definitely Rahkshi. I like them because of variety. Bohrok? Meh. Only 11 powers
11? I beg to differ! There were six. Now if you're counting the Kal, it's 12, because acid is not vacuum. (A common mistake around here is Lehvak being the Bohrok of Air.)
Okay, simple mistake/misconception. I still like the Rahkshi for having a load of powers. Aren't they all the same though, being completely useless without their Krana/Kraata.