Bs01 Podcast

-Bionicleman-

makuta_fest2.png

Once again, the BS01 Podcast and the Three Virtues Podcast will host MakutaFest, a live podcasting event where you are part of the fun. Ever wanted to interact with the hosts of these podcasts? Well now's your chance. You will also be able to chat with other BIONICLE fans during the show, and have the chance to win BIONICLE prizes.MakutaFest will be held on August 7th at approximately 5 PM Eastern Time. Hope to see you there!Planning on coming? Have an idea for the show? Post here or go to

the podcast website.

Edited by -Bionicleman-

banner_copy.png

• 2 weeks later...

One question:Why don't you guys also host your podcasts on Zune? Like, knowing that Swert is behind the thing, I could've sworn you guys would have done so by now, or is it more complicated than iTunes?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, at least for now we have an exclusive announcement on an old BIONICLE mystery. You should listen now. Erebus will probably post a topic when he comes online, but for now you can listen to the show. Or even if he has made the announcement already as you're reading this, you should listen cause we're awesome, and we cover the topic pretty thoroughly.iTunesDownload

banner_copy.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You guys should really see if you can get these on Google Play somehow, so that I could get them directly from my phone...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Yeah, and I'd be more inclined to listen to these if I could easily get them on my phone without having to download the MP3 files individually and moving them to the podcast folder in my phone's root directory. The same goes for BZPowercast.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Looking at the XML, the RSS feed would still make it just as annoying to have to download each individual podcast. I mean, I guess it's a tiny bit easier, but running it that way would still require an internet connection (even though with 4G I usually always have some sort of connection, it still makes it more annoying).

If anybody behind BS01 Podcast is familiar with it, the Google Play Music app for Android is a nice example of something somebody on your staff team, or even a member could develop. It has all of the tracks/podcasts displayed, and when you click to play them, it caches it to the device so that you can play it at any time, even without service. I know Shadow Kurahk and I both have experience in developing Android apps, so one of us could potenntially make it. Heck you could even put it on Google Play for $0.99 or something and get yourselves some greenbacks. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Looking at the XML, the RSS feed would still make it just as annoying to have to download each individual podcast. I mean, I guess it's a tiny bit easier, but running it that way would still require an internet connection (even though with 4G I usually always have some sort of connection, it still makes it more annoying). If anybody behind BS01 Podcast is familiar with it, the Google Play Music app for Android is a nice example of something somebody on your staff team, or even a member could develop. It has all of the tracks/podcasts displayed, and when you click to play them, it caches it to the device so that you can play it at any time, even without service. I know Shadow Kurahk and I both have experience in developing Android apps, so one of us could potenntially make it. Heck you could even put it on Google Play for $0.99 or something and get yourselves some greenbacks. :P

Nobody on the active staff actually owns an Android device, so it is pointless to us. Half of the staff have iOS devices, I use WP (which I still sync with Zune) and getting a podcast approved on any new service is a tough challenge to begin with. Again, we never could get Zune Marketplace to approve it.We're sorry for the inconvenience when it comes to our podcast on your service, but the RSS is provided for that.

Edited by Swert

bzpsig2015.png

Looking at the XML, the RSS feed would still make it just as annoying to have to download each individual podcast. I mean, I guess it's a tiny bit easier, but running it that way would still require an internet connection (even though with 4G I usually always have some sort of connection, it still makes it more annoying). If anybody behind BS01 Podcast is familiar with it, the Google Play Music app for Android is a nice example of something somebody on your staff team, or even a member could develop. It has all of the tracks/podcasts displayed, and when you click to play them, it caches it to the device so that you can play it at any time, even without service. I know Shadow Kurahk and I both have experience in developing Android apps, so one of us could potenntially make it. Heck you could even put it on Google Play for $0.99 or something and get yourselves some greenbacks. :P

Nobody on the active staff actually owns an Android device, so it is pointless to us. Half of the staff have iOS devices, I use WP (which I still sync with Zune) and getting a podcast approved on any new service is a tough challenge to begin with. Again, we never could get Zune Marketplace to approve it.We're sorry for the inconvenience when it comes to our podcast on your service, but the RSS is provided for that.

But the staff make the podcasts for the public. :P Also, I believe if you want them on Google Play, all you need to do is make a simple app, because they don't have a podcast service as a whole. Android apps are quite easy to make, and unlike iOS and WP, it's freeeeee. You should try doing that sometime. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

"Nobody on the active staff actually owns an Android device, so it is pointless to us."

Please note this does not reflect the feelings of the podcast owner (your's truly). Of course we're interested in the general population, otherwise we'd only distribute the podcast among each other. I am interested in more Android compatibility (especially since when I do get a smartphone I prefer a droid). At the moment though my focus is updating the podcast site, so unfortunately it will have to wait a bit.

banner_copy.png

"Nobody on the active staff actually owns an Android device, so it is pointless to us."

Please note this does not reflect the feelings of the podcast owner (your's truly). Of course we're interested in the general population, otherwise we'd only distribute the podcast among each other. I am interested in more Android compatibility (especially since when I do get a smartphone I prefer a droid). At the moment though my focus is updating the podcast site, so unfortunately it will have to wait a bit.

Ah, that's fair enough. More people will be likely to check the website in my opinion, so I understand that being a priority. Question: Why did you get a new domain instead of doing biosector01.com/podcast?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Ah, that's fair enough. More people will be likely to check the website in my opinion, so I understand that being a priority. Question: Why did you get a new domain instead of doing biosector01.com/podcast?

When it was first set up, it was determined we did not have the harddrive space capable of hosting mp3 files nor the bandwidth capable of sustaining downloads from a single source of that nature. Kraahlix also wished to have more direct control over release schedules, and at the time only I had the FTP passwords (I didn't trust anybody with that information). It's a bit different now with the current host, but it's still preferable to have an alternate site.

bzpsig2015.png

When it was first set up, it was determined we did not have the harddrive space capable of hosting mp3 files nor the bandwidth capable of sustaining downloads from a single source of that nature. Kraahlix also wished to have more direct control over release schedules, and at the time only I had the FTP passwords (I didn't trust anybody with that information). It's a bit different now with the current host, but it's still preferable to have an alternate site.

Ah, that makes sense. You could always do what I have. I have access to the FTP on any brickcraft.me subdomains, but not brickcraft.me itself.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• 2 months later...