Sentraken Vetma And Trakuda's Death

Wotz

So, a huge flurry of uploads from moi, some of which are just random nonsense, some that aren't special enough for their own topics and will be sent via PM, and some which are too dull to be anywhere but Brickshelf. So, let the games begin!SentrakenAh, how good it feels to finally upload this guy.He'll mace you good.OMG NON-LEGO BURN IT WITH FIRELookin' fly from behindThe epically long legs of destiny"You're tall."Badbutt bad guyArmourlessArmourless gunArmless gunShoulder blades FTWTowering over his minionsGallery (when public)He originated as a character in the BZPRPG, who had purple armour, a cape and one eye. I could do none of those things with my lack of artistic and/or MOCing talent, and so made him in simple silver and gawesome gunmetal. Two things I did manage to keep were his massive gun that replaces the lower half of his left arm, and his abnormal height, even by Vortixx standards. I didn't get a picture of it, but a Toa Mata goes up to about Roodaka's hip, but a Toa Inika goes up to Sentraken's. And we all know how much taller the Inika were than the Mata. Another thing I failed to convey in my pictures was his feet. They're adjustable, so that when standing up he has these sort of massive hoof/jet engine things, but to keep him stable when bending his knees the HF armour piece can be adjusted to form a regular foot to hold him up. Since taking these pictures a few adjustments have been made, such as giving him a thumb on his right arm (Takanuva hands), but he's going to be the main villain of a stop motion that will be entering production tomorrow, so don't fret.[/shamelessadvertising]Trakuda's DeathThis is basically a little series of pictures I made that portray the death of Trakuda, my self-character in the RPG, at the hands of a Rahkshi."The sharp point of the weapon squelched and screeched as it pierced armor and bone and organ, emerging out the other side in a spray of blood and innards.""The Rahkshi tried to pick the Madu Cabolo off of itself, but Trakuda had managed to stick it fast. [...] Dropping its staff and all pretenses of deathly elegance, the Rahkshi scrabbled at the explosive with its sharp claws, shrieking urgently.""With a large, metallic bang, the Madu Cabolo exploded forcibly and burst apart the Rahkshi's midsection...""...rending the armor of its thorax into ribbons, sending its upper and lower halves careening in separate directions.""Hissing, the Kraata slithered out of its dead prison as fast as it could, only to then be caught unluckily by a fireball from above."Credit, of course, goes to Nuju for his epic description skills.

I'll try not to offend you when it comes to the picture quality, but it's not all that good. And this is ME talking here.Anyway, moving on, first things first I'll talk about dear old Sentraken (two eyes! :burnmad:).The decorations on his head seem a little strange and out-of-place. The arms are quite solidly built, but I find that the legs and chest look a little... strange, the chest armour especially. It just seems to stick out, and, like the red details, seems quite out-of-place.Then, Trakuda. It's... it's too simple, even for a Matoran. It doesn't look quite as elegant as Matoran normally do, either, and the head seems weird from the side. The feet are too big, and he needs some armour to hide how the legs and head stick. The legs seems kind of small. The arms are spot-on, though. :PSorry if this seems a little harsh. (I'm not even going to go into the Rahkshi...)Overall, Sentraken seems quite good, Trakuda's okay, although a little strange-looking. And... that's all.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Actually, I forgot to say this in the main post, but I did not make this Matoran design. I saw it somewhere, but I can't remember who's it was. If someone could tell me that would be great.The Rahkshi I threw together with whatever green and blue pieces I could find, I accept that it sucks :PSentraken's supposed to look kind of alien, as I always imagined the Vortixx to be quite closed in with their architecture and 'fashion', so to speak.

Sentraken, in a few words: Menacing. Huge. Awesome.It really is well-armored, even on the back. Most sets failed there. (Yes, Toa Hordika, THAT MEANS YOU.)The legs are long, but they don't seem skinny with his build, not at all. His weapon is huge and intricate, looks like a claw arm and a murder arm of some sort. Which happens to be awesome. I like how his shoulders aren't really bare, and the armor on the body looks like one huge indestructible chunk.And he is evidently going to step on Trakuda. Uh-oh.Now, for the familiar death scene from the BZPRPG:Nice job designing that Rahkshi. I noticed the legs are a less common build. The "Starscream Legs" are cool, and seem to be inspired by VF's drawing. Not that that's bad. In fact, it's a great translation from art to set, and I'd buy that Rahkshi design over the normal, given the choice. Just overall looks more disgusting, which is good, for a villain.Not very claw-like in the Madu Cabolo scene. Certain hand designs can have claws and yet hold the staff like normal, so I guess I can find a flaw despite your great skills.It's awesome how you broke it and yet kept it from breaking in the third pic. Not much else to say there, as I've seen the rest. Same for fourth.However, the fifth has some good angling. Probably not very difficult to do, but the camera angle is great for that. Only thing missing is a fireball held up by a pole or something in the corner of the screen.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

The red bits are too... I'll explain this as best as I can: The red bits are sticking out too much, and don't fit in with the main colourscheme.
Part of me wanted to put more translucent red pieces on the rest of him, and another part said that the red on his head looked like a sort of 'crown' or jewels or something grand. I tried removing them, but that made his head seem small and weeny, in a way. Bohrok teeth, blades and some other stuff didn't manage to come across with the same effect, unfortunately, so I just left the red bits in. So I partially agree with you there, and I'll experiment to see how I can improve the head.
Sentraken, in a few words: Menacing. Huge. Awesome.It really is well-armored, even on the back. Most sets failed there. (Yes, Toa Hordika, THAT MEANS YOU.)The legs are long, but they don't seem skinny with his build, not at all. His weapon is huge and intricate, looks like a claw arm and a murder arm of some sort. Which happens to be awesome. I like how his shoulders aren't really bare, and the armor on the body looks like one huge indestructible chunk.And he is evidently going to step on Trakuda. Uh-oh.
Good to know his legs aren't too skinny, that was actually my main fear :P I quite liked how the shoulders and gun turned out. Trakuda may indeed get stepped on, but he hasn't just yet.
Now, for the familiar death scene from the BZPRPG:Nice job designing that Rahkshi. I noticed the legs are a less common build. The "Starscream Legs" are cool, and seem to be inspired by VF's drawing. Not that that's bad. In fact, it's a great translation from art to set, and I'd buy that Rahkshi design over the normal, given the choice. Just overall looks more disgusting, which is good, for a villain.Not very claw-like in the Madu Cabolo scene. Certain hand designs can have claws and yet hold the staff like normal, so I guess I can find a flaw despite your great skills.It's awesome how you broke it and yet kept it from breaking in the third pic. Not much else to say there, as I've seen the rest. Same for fourth.However, the fifth has some good angling. Probably not very difficult to do, but the camera angle is great for that. Only thing missing is a fireball held up by a pole or something in the corner of the screen.
The whole scene was more of a bonus for the main feature, which was Sentraken, so I didn't spend nearly as much time or money on it as I could have. I had built the Rahkshi before Veef unveiled his art, which is funny. I always preferred my Rahkshi to have extra joints in their legs anyway. I agree about the hands, but using those Ben-10 hands or Onua claws would have broken the colour scheme (which is ironic, given the epic suckery of the colours :P). You're right about the fifth not being very hard to do, I didn't put much thought into it when taking it but it turned out fairly well. I never thought to put a fireball in there because I only noticed the fireball bit when copy-pasting Nuju's description into here, but I did have a paper fireball on hand that I could of used if I'd remembered.