Toa Mask Powers Reflect On Their Characters

Ive just noticed this. Ill start with the Toa MetruOnewa: His character is a bully. His mask power forces people to do thingsMatau: He is a show off. His mask power is pretending to be something he is not.Nokama: Good at understanding. Her mask lets her understand RahiVakama: He is very un self confident and feels like a nobody. His mask makes him invisibleNuju: He is very practical and uses his brain a lot. His mask power lets him move objects with his mindI couldnt really think of one for Whenua but you guys can help me. You can do some for the other characters too.Do you think this was deliberate?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

How is showing off pretending to be someone you're not?Anyway, in-storyline there doesn't appear to be a way for them having received masks matching their powers, so although I think it's pretty clearly deliberate in terms of the design, it has little relation to the storyline and such.~B~

How is showing off pretending to be someone you're not?Anyway, in-storyline there doesn't appear to be a way for them having received masks matching their powers, so although I think it's pretty clearly deliberate in terms of the design, it has little relation to the storyline and such.~B~
Sorry. I coundnt really phrase Matau correctly. I know it has no story connection but it think its a nice little Easter egg

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

If I remember, Lewa has a strong sense of freedom. The Miru allows the user to levitate/fly around. Flying is often associated with freedom so that's probably why Lewa has a Miru.
Yeh, Lewa is pretty free spirited. Good connection.

How is showing off pretending to be someone you're not?
I think he means trying to show off but faking it. Like Randy on Monk. :POr like Matau...Anyways, yeah, I think most of these do fit really well. I've often noticed a similar thing with the Toa Mata, haven't really thought to apply it to the Metru / Turaga Mata. The Mata ones are more obvious since they're closely tied to their elements, and their personalities were most like their elements.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think he means trying to show off but faking it. Like Randy on Monk. :POr like Matau...Anyways, yeah, I think most of these do fit really well. I've often noticed a similar thing with the Toa Mata, haven't really thought to apply it to the Metru / Turaga Mata. The Mata ones are more obvious since they're closely tied to their elements, and their personalities were most like their elements.
I was thinking about the Mata and their Kanohi too, and I agree that most of them relate to the user's personality. However, I was a bit puzzled by Tahu and his Hau, as fire doesn't seem particularly related to a shield, and Tahu is generally an offensive fighter barring use of his mask.~B~

I was thinking about the Mata and their Kanohi too, and I agree that most of them relate to the user's personality. However, I was a bit puzzled by Tahu and his Hau, as fire doesn't seem particularly related to a shield, and Tahu is generally an offensive fighter barring use of his mask.~B~
Did the regular Hau sheild others too? Any way. I think Tahu is quite defensive. He also tries to hide behind a shield but is easily got too. He is protective of his teamEDIT: I mean defensive when some one insults him. He lashes out in anger, not as in he is a defensive fighter Edited by SamH1995

That's what struck me when I first looked at this topic. Tahu's really doesn't seem to fit him, as he's not a very defensive type at all, resolving more on simply charging into a fight. Maybe it has something to due with his passion for protecting those he is responsible for, as in his village and fellow Toa? I don't know it is still kind of strange.

Yeah, I can kind of see that with a few of them. I guess that's where Lego got the inspiration for some of their mask powers. Maybe for Whenua, he likes exploring the past and knowing things, so his light functions as a way to explore more and as a metaphorical "light" of wisdom.And I can see the Mata, and starting to see the Inika:Tahu: Hard as a lava rock, but still works hard to protect those he has befriended, thus his shield helps protect.Pohatu: Fast talking hero, I guess, so speedy mask?Onua: Strong in will and in mind, his mask just helps that come out physically.Lewa: Freespirited, so flight is often associated with freedom, like SamH said.Gali: She's a water Toa, so of course she needs to breathe in water. The ocean is also kind of a peaceful place, so it reflects her nature, and her mask lets her spend more time in it.Kopaka: Sees into the future a lot, and also prefers to talk less, think more, so X-ray vision is like looking into himself and others.Jaller: One who will literally do anything for those he feels responsible for, so he gets the mask of Fate to do those near impossible things.Hewkii: Star Kohlii player, perfect accuracy?Nuparu: No idea what Lego was thinking here, maybe like he explores a lot of possiblities and his imagination really "takes flight?" :PKongu: I had to look this one up, but he's clever and uses his brain, so now he can use his brain even more!Hahli: Very responsible, so she could look after the Mask of Life.Matoro: Shy, quiet, and never wanted to be a Toa, similar to Vakama, so he could disappear, in a way. He also relies a lot on friends, so he needs them to protect his body.

Jaller: One who will literally do anything for those he feels responsible for, so he gets the mask of Fate to do those near impossible things.Hewkii: Star Kohlii player, perfect accuracy?Nuparu: No idea what Lego was thinking here, maybe like he explores a lot of possiblities and his imagination really "takes flight?" :PKongu: I had to look this one up, but he's clever and uses his brain, so now he can use his brain even more!Hahli: Very responsible, so she could look after the Mask of Life.Matoro: Shy, quiet, and never wanted to be a Toa, similar to Vakama, so he could disappear, in a way. He also relies a lot on friends, so he needs them to protect his body.
Whenua hates not knowing what is going on, "being in the dark" metaphorically speaking. His mask allows him to avoid being in the dark, physically speaking, and help him find the answers he wants. As for the Inika, I agree with Matoro, Kongu,and Hewkii above. Otherwise:Jaller: Coming back from the dead is clearly impossible, and you've done it, so you might as well do more impossible stuff. Hahli: Hahli always knows the way. Nuparu: Did I miss that crazy inventor with the rocket pack and the feather wings? And then, there's the Mahri masks, since this team is the only team to have two mask power sets. So:Matoro: The guy who is going to save the life of the universe (from the dead) - temporarily brings things back (from the dead).Hahli: If you're going to act like a wild beast, might as well have the powers of a wild beast. Kongu: I hate this place, and well, I hate this mask. Jaller: I am so powerless. Hewkii: I think I've realized the gravity of this situation - we're not playing kolhii anymore. Nuparu: I think the only practical invention would be to make something that will hide me from all the animals down here. Yeah, a little zany down at the end. Probably just a concidence between personality and power...although there is that bit in the LoMN: "Your task was to discover who you were. Only with such knowledge would your powers reveal themselves." - LhikanSpeaking of Lhikan, that guy seems like a good fit for the Mask of Sheilding. And Jaller goes from the loyal "sheild" role of protecting his fellow Matoran to doing the "impossible" to...well, being sidelined. Then there's Vakama's mask, which is also a symbol of all the secrets he was concealing from the Matoran. I could go on.

You know, we've pretty much summed up all of the major Toa Teams except the Hagah, but we don't really know much about them. Maybe:Norik: Kind of an ironic mask power, he's regarded as a great leader, and a lot of people look up to him, and yet he shrinks?! No idea here.Iruini: He decided to quit the team, so he wanted to get away from their opinions, using Quick Travel? He's also rash, and excited, and often gets into situations easily he can't get out of easily, so quick travel seems rash, because you just rush into danger.Gaaki: She wants to show everyone she's good at what she does, and sometimes she tries too hard, and ends up getting hurt, like the mask does to her?Kualus: He has a great attachment to Rahi (mostly flying Rahi), so Rahi Control seems natural.Bomonga: Also ironic, he and Norik should have switched. He's quiet, and patient, which seems more like attributes of a shrinking mask, not the Mask of Growth!Pouks: He really loves his large Rahi, and likes to teach others about them. Teaching = Emulation, kinda. He's also loud and prefers to run into battle, which he probably learned somewhere, maybe.Wow, that was hard. Any better guesses?Now we just need the Makuta (and Matoran) of Karda Nui, Takanuva and Makuta (obvious really), Dume, Axonn and Brutaka, Trinuma, Karzahni, Artahka (kinda obvious too), Tuyet, Nikila, Varian, Miserix, Vultraz, and Helryx. Anyone up for that? :)

However, I was a bit puzzled by Tahu and his Hau, as fire doesn't seem particularly related to a shield, and Tahu is generally an offensive fighter barring use of his mask.
Yeah, I've noticed that one doesn't fit as well too. It did make me think of at least one time when he made a firecage. He might subconsciously think of his temper as a psychological shield to avoid lines of thinking he (thinks he) doesn't like. I've encountered that sort of thing in real life often. From fire comes heat comes temper comes psychological shield, comes shield.Less obvious than others but it could work.Of course, there's the issue of whether what we're discussing is whether the powers fit their personalities -- I think an argument can be made yes in all or most cases, some more than others -- or whether LEGO actually intended this at all. That second one, I have no idea, but it's possible.
Gali: She's a water Toa, so of course she needs to breathe in water. The ocean is also kind of a peaceful place, so it reflects her nature, and her mask lets her spend more time in it.
I was also thinking of how easily she understands how others are thinking and feeling, which could be compared to "breathing" in a foreign mental environment.I agree with your other ideas too, Click. :) Your interpretation of Tahu is certainly much kinder than mine lol. Maybe there's a little bit of both; like each Toa can have a bad version of each of these in personality, but the preferred masks still match their personalities, and their choice is to choose the good version of their personality or the bad version of the same personality. :shrugs:For Kongu, I imagine as leader of the Gukko Force, he had to be adept at controlling with unspoken methods, hand signals or just "I fly this way, you take this formation behind me" sort of thing, since sound doesn't carry well through rushing air between different fliers. That could be similar to telepathy.Hahli reminds me of what a headache playing MNOG2 was, lol, including finding things that were very hard to find (if you didn't talk to the right Matoran).
Jaller: I am so powerless.
Lol. But seriously, I think Jaller Mahri's was just fitting a group leader underwater; give him the submarine sonar. Still kinda related to his personality, but very loosely.I agree with most of your others, especially Whenua and Turaga Vakama, fishers.
Norik: Kind of an ironic mask power, he's regarded as a great leader, and a lot of people look up to him, and yet he shrinks?! No idea here.
Maybe just symbolic of how the whole team was fated to shrink into Rahaga. :shrugs:
Bomonga: Also ironic, he and Norik should have switched. He's quiet, and patient, which seems more like attributes of a shrinking mask, not the Mask of Growth!
Well, larger beings tend to move more slowly, so patient fits.
Now we just need the Makuta (and Matoran) of Karda Nui, Takanuva and Makuta (obvious really), Dume, Axonn and Brutaka, Trinuma, Karzahni, Artahka (kinda obvious too), Tuyet, Nikila, Varian, Miserix, Vultraz, and Helryx. Anyone up for that?
Takanuva and Makuta are obvious as you said, and Artakha.Dume. Hm... Well, he's the leader of a city that is all about maintenance of the Matoran Universe, and regeneration is good for maintenance. But that's less about his personality than his office. Honestly my take on Dume has been that he was something like Denethor (sp lol?) in LotR, a little crazy, harmfully so, near the end there as things got dire, which is kinda the opposite of regeneration.But maybe, since that mask only works on stuff, it speaks to his lack of ability to deal with psychological stress, that he is at his best when the only problems are simple practical ones, not a struggle against evil. Could kinda fit.Axonn -- I guess he just likes knowing the truth. Truthseeker.Brutaka -- Uh... I dunno lol.Karzahni -- A recent topic made me think that he probably spent a lot of time looking at what his life would have been like if he'd gotten Artakha's job so this really fits. Jealousy basically.Helryx -- Well it's kinda like CSI which is kinda like stuff the classic fictional spies did, and the Order is kinda like spies...I don't know enough about the others off the top of my head. Except Vultraz's power I came up with and it was just from his name and the mask's resemblance to a vulture. But that name and shape were chosen by LEGO so yeah, probably they do see his personality as vulture-like, at least at the time.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm not sure I like your interpretation of Onewa as a bully. You've got to remember the masks were first chosen for them as Turaga because that part of the storyline came first. As Turaga a lot of them had very different personalities.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Kopaka's mask suits him because he knows there's more than meets the eye, and his mask lets him see more things that others don't.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Halhi is very in-tune with wildlife, and her mask lets her use the powers of the animals around her. Not sure if that's one, but hey. Hewkii's a star Kolhi player, and he wears a mask of accuracy. Nuparu's an inventor, and he "invented" a new way to fly perse. Matoro was destined to die, and his mask could reanimate dead things... And that's all I've got.

I'm not sure I like your interpretation of Onewa as a bully. You've got to remember the masks were first chosen for them as Turaga because that part of the storyline came first. As Turaga a lot of them had very different personalities.
Werent the powers a bit different then?

They were weaker, noble Kanohi if that's what you mean, but they were the same basic powers, just not as strong.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

They were weaker, noble Kanohi if that's what you mean, but they were the same basic powers, just not as strong.
Matau's was shapeshifting instead of illusion, though it was meant as an expansion of illusion power basically. But Onewa's was the same, yeah. Originally it was probably that he was a leader, perhaps with a hint of "control freak" although I didn't see that much in his Turaga portrayal. In 2004 he -was- kinda a bully. Not the truly mean type though, more like he enjoyed coming up with clever insults, that he might not have fully meant. :shrugs:

Matau's was shapeshifting instead of illusion, though it was meant as an expansion of illusion power basically. But Onewa's was the same, yeah. Originally it was probably that he was a leader, perhaps with a hint of "control freak" although I didn't see that much in his Turaga portrayal. In 2004 he -was- kinda a bully. Not the truly mean type though, more like he enjoyed coming up with clever insults, that he might not have fully meant. :shrugs:
Yeh. I didnt mean he was a bad person. Edited by SamH1995

However, I was a bit puzzled by Tahu and his Hau, as fire doesn't seem particularly related to a shield, and Tahu is generally an offensive fighter barring use of his mask.
Yeah, I've noticed that one doesn't fit as well too. It did make me think of at least one time when he made a firecage. He might subconsciously think of his temper as a psychological shield to avoid lines of thinking he (thinks he) doesn't like. I've encountered that sort of thing in real life often. From fire comes heat comes temper comes psychological shield, comes shield.Less obvious than others but it could work.
I tend to view temper as a response to psychological hurt, not as a shield. Oddly, that would fit with the Mask of Sheilding's inability to protect from surprise attacks, so maybe temper works that way as well - protects you from things you know are coming. Interesting...
Lol. But seriously, I think Jaller Mahri's was just fitting a group leader underwater; give him the submarine sonar. Still kinda related to his personality, but very loosely.I agree with most of your others, especially Whenua and Turaga Vakama, fishers.
But Jaller pretty much lost the leadership role in that situation. I view that whole thing as kind of Jaller losing almost everything in that situation - his leadership role, his power of fire that doesn't work as well underwater, and that Mask too. Not to mention that everyone is going off and the situation down there is just crazy-everything is happening so fast, all those sounds bouncing around like all the crazy things bouncing around him.And, um, thanks.
Now we just need the Makuta (and Matoran) of Karda Nui, Takanuva and Makuta (obvious really), Dume, Axonn and Brutaka, Trinuma, Karzahni, Artahka (kinda obvious too), Tuyet, Nikila, Varian, Miserix, Vultraz, and Helryx. Anyone up for that?
Takanuva and Makuta are obvious as you said, and Artakha.Dume. Hm... Well, he's the leader of a city that is all about maintenance of the Matoran Universe, and regeneration is good for maintenance. But that's less about his personality than his office. Honestly my take on Dume has been that he was something like Denethor (sp lol?) in LotR, a little crazy, harmfully so, near the end there as things got dire, which is kinda the opposite of regeneration.But maybe, since that mask only works on stuff, it speaks to his lack of ability to deal with psychological stress, that he is at his best when the only problems are simple practical ones, not a struggle against evil. Could kinda fit.Axonn -- I guess he just likes knowing the truth. Truthseeker.Brutaka -- Uh... I dunno lol.Karzahni -- A recent topic made me think that he probably spent a lot of time looking at what his life would have been like if he'd gotten Artakha's job so this really fits. Jealousy basically.Helryx -- Well it's kinda like CSI which is kinda like stuff the classic fictional spies did, and the Order is kinda like spies...I don't know enough about the others off the top of my head. Except Vultraz's power I came up with and it was just from his name and the mask's resemblance to a vulture. But that name and shape were chosen by LEGO so yeah, probably they do see his personality as vulture-like, at least at the time.
I agree with these. Axxonn though, he tends to be the being who knows the truth, not the being hunting for it. Although he probably had to find it somehow. :)Brutaka's personality has multiple dimensions. Okay, that sounds crazy, but first he was the bitterly sour person who was demoralized, then turned into the awkward and confused individual underwater, and then took on the forceful leadership role, instead of with the Piraka where he was just passive. And then he followed Axxonn into the antidermis pit and came out...weird. The guy can't decide what he wants or what dimension his personality is in.That reminds me of Vezon and how the mask was fused to his face. I remember how some people complained about Vezon's personality change (from a monster to insane comic relief) being forced on him, so that fits.As for the Makuta, Vamprah's Mask fits - he's a silent hunter (Mask of Hunger), Mutran's Mask of Mutation works with his job of concocting strange and savage beasts, Antroz's Mask of Corruption seems to evoke his position as Teridax's leutenent, and Chirox's Mask fits as he is the antithesis of Makuta Mutran who won't be quiet. Miserix's mutation mask seems to be evocative of all the mutations and changes he has seen in his life. Trinuma's serious, no-nonsense attitude makes sense with the Mask of Charisma - he wants everyone to follow him without asking too many questions. Tuyet and Varian are complex puzzles on that. I don't think personality relations were considered in the development of either character, and I think the only one that the story team gave thought to that was the Metru and the Nuva, maybe...:shrugs:

Brutaka's personality has multiple dimensions. Okay, that sounds crazy
Actually that makes perfect sense. :) I've often said he strikes me as the character to have had the most varied personal journey through different highs and lows, even more so than the main protagonists.Lessee, Tuyet, Intangibility. Well in the original story she was murdering and kinda slipping through the authorities' fingers so to speak; they didn't suspect her. If I'm remembering right at all lol...Varian, Calix. Hm. I dunno, it says "is less battle-able than she would like to admit" -- Fate would help with that. It's weak, I know...

What about Karzahni and Atarka. Did Mata Nui have a kanohi before he went to sleep
Karz and Artahka were already covered earilier in this topic. Basically, Karzahni spent a lot of time thinking about his future if he hadn't lost to Artahka, and Artahka is a creative being by nature, so the Mask of Creation fits. And no, Mata Nui did not have a mask before he went to sleep...

Mutran's Mask of Mutation works with his job of concocting strange and savage beasts
Actually, Mutran wore the Mask of Silence, as did Chirox. I'm not sure how that suits the two of them. As for Vultraz, the best match I can think of between personality and mask power is that the Great Mask of Scavenging encourages killing because its user can siphon strength from dead victims, and Vultraz is a murderer. Some of the above matches, such as the ones for Karzanhi, Helryx, and Tuyet, are very clever, good thinking. Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Nidhiki wore the Mask of Stealth, and he was a sneaky type. As it says in Birth of a Dark Hunter, he had to be on the Trem Kron Peninsula where he was from, because it was dangerous there. I guess that stuck with him even after he went to Metru Nui.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Mutran's Mask of Mutation works with his job of concocting strange and savage beasts
Actually, Mutran wore the Mask of Silence, as did Chirox. I'm not sure how that suits the two of them. As for Vultraz, the best match I can think of between personality and mask power is that the Great Mask of Scavenging encourages killing because its user can siphon strength from dead victims, and Vultraz is a murderer. Some of the above matches, such as the ones for Karzanhi, Helryx, and Tuyet, are very clever, good thinking.
*checks BS01*I guess Mutran used his mask when he wanted some peace to write his journal. :P

Actually, Mutran wore the Mask of Silence, as did Chirox. I'm not sure how that suits the two of them. As for Vultraz, the best match I can think of between personality and mask power is that the Great Mask of Scavenging encourages killing because its user can siphon strength from dead victims, and Vultraz is a murderer. Some of the above matches, such as the ones for Karzanhi, Helryx, and Tuyet, are very clever, good thinking.
*checks BS01*I guess Mutran used his mask when he wanted some peace to write his journal. :P
Or... other things.Okay Ill just stop before I get banned.Has any one done lesovikk yet. And Dume

I want to note that despite Tahu being a bit temperamental at times, he did not waver in his efforts to protect his people. He stands at the front of his team, and he does not want to back down. His mask allows him to weather a lot more blunt force than he could otherwise, and in its Nuva form he becomes the team's primary means of protection, meaning that he stands even firmer at the front line.For instance, the first thing he does when a pack of Kohrak shows up in Ta-Koro is to jump in front of one of their attacks and block it (though using his sword and not his mask). When the Bohrok-Kal are encountered, he boasts the Nuva's power while keeping his team (temporarily) safe from harm. He clearly thinks that the mask makes him somewhat invulnerable while active, fitting the thoughts of a brash warrior. This shows again in Mask of Light, when he jumps straight into combat with the incoming Rahkshi, and instead of dodging he seems to prefer to stand and use his mask to block.Greg wanted to give Mutran the Mask of Mutation, but the set had a Shelek so they went with that. I suppose that's why his seems somewhat mismatched.

Edited by Katuko

Yeah, I've noticed that one doesn't fit as well too. It did make me think of at least one time when he made a firecage. He might subconsciously think of his temper as a psychological shield to avoid lines of thinking he (thinks he) doesn't like. I've encountered that sort of thing in real life often. From fire comes heat comes temper comes psychological shield, comes shield.Less obvious than others but it could work.
I tend to view temper as a response to psychological hurt, not as a shield. Oddly, that would fit with the Mask of Sheilding's inability to protect from surprise attacks, so maybe temper works that way as well - protects you from things you know are coming. Interesting...
But Jaller pretty much lost the leadership role in that situation. I view that whole thing as kind of Jaller losing almost everything in that situation - his leadership role, his power of fire that doesn't work as well underwater, and that Mask too. Not to mention that everyone is going off and the situation down there is just crazy-everything is happening so fast, all those sounds bouncing around like all the crazy things bouncing around him.And, um, thanks.
I agree with these. Axxonn though, he tends to be the being who knows the truth, not the being hunting for it. Although he probably had to find it somehow. :)Brutaka's personality has multiple dimensions. Okay, that sounds crazy, but first he was the bitterly sour person who was demoralized, then turned into the awkward and confused individual underwater, and then took on the forceful leadership role, instead of with the Piraka where he was just passive. And then he followed Axxonn into the antidermis pit and came out...weird. The guy can't decide what he wants or what dimension his personality is in.That reminds me of Vezon and how the mask was fused to his face. I remember how some people complained about Vezon's personality change (from a monster to insane comic relief) being forced on him, so that fits.As for the Makuta, Vamprah's Mask fits - he's a silent hunter (Mask of Hunger), Mutran's Mask of Mutation works with his job of concocting strange and savage beasts, Antroz's Mask of Corruption seems to evoke his position as Teridax's leutenent, and Chirox's Mask fits as he is the antithesis of Makuta Mutran who won't be quiet.Miserix's mutation mask seems to be evocative of all the mutations and changes he has seen in his life. Trinuma's serious, no-nonsense attitude makes sense with the Mask of Charisma - he wants everyone to follow him without asking too many questions.Tuyet and Varian are complex puzzles on that. I don't think personality relations were considered in the development of either character, and I think the only one that the story team gave thought to that was the Metru and the Nuva, maybe... :shrugs:
Tahu always fought for those he cared for and shielded them. Therefore his Mask is the Hau.
pewku.gif

name='SamH1995' timestamp='1342869670' post='357920']
And Vakama can turn invisible Because he is a....... Crosswired freak who has weird dreams
Well my theory was he was not very self confident and didnt want to be the leader(blend in if you like)[/u]
I do agree with you, I was just making reference to a certain video

name='SamH1995' timestamp='1342869670' post='357920']
And Vakama can turn invisible Because he is a....... Crosswired freak who has weird dreams
Well my theory was he was not very self confident and didnt want to be the leader(blend in if you like)[/u]
I do agree with you, I was just making reference to a certain video
Vakama goes to rehab?

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that Kopaka's Akaku fitted with his habit of always analyzing whatever was going on around him (best demonstrated in BC1).

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I think that the Mahri ones are kinda related to the whole team rather than just tied down to one personArthron: Their mission is to search for the Ignika, and Sonar is for searching stuffFaxon: It allows user to mimic the powers of Rahi that share their general environment; probably refering to the team's ability to breath underwater as a result of the transformationTryna: Their goal is to revive MN, and Tryna can revive stuffZatth: Meaning that they have to accept whatever help they can get :/Garai: The rise and fall of the Toa Mahri... maybe...?Volitak: No idea on this one. (Off topic: I never really understand how Calix is named Mask of Fate. If anything Mask of Dodgingliness make more sense)

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I think that the Mahri ones are kinda related to the whole team rather than just tied down to one personArthron: Their mission is to search for the Ignika, and Sonar is for searching stuffFaxon: It allows user to mimic the powers of Rahi that share their general environment; probably refering to the team's ability to breath underwater as a result of the transformationTryna: Their goal is to revive MN, and Tryna can revive stuffZatth: Meaning that they have to accept whatever help they can get :/Garai: The rise and fall of the Toa Mahri... maybe...?Volitak: No idea on this one.(Off topic: I never really understand how Calix is named Mask of Fate. If anything Mask of Dodgingliness make more sense)
Theyre for the whole team becuase the character's were all so dull Edited by Alterego