So it's been a while since I really built anything out of Lego in general, and to be honest I've actually missed the overall joy of it. Anyways, I'll just cut to the chase. This was just a free build Moc that I just felt like doing since it's been a while since I've actually finished something, considering the mass amount of WIPs I have laying around my room. Nonetheless, it was a ton of fun to build, although I'm still really annoyed and unsatisfied with the overall outcome of it, specifically the hideous legs. And now for the pictures.

img_0153.jpg

(Click for gallery when public)

Sorry about the lighting quality in some of the pictures, I hadn't realized I had knocked my light askew a bit. I would really appreciate any help with the legs, as they are the part of the Moc that I'm by far the most upset about. Anyways, any comment or constructive criticism would highly be appreciated, and thank you in advance.

Edited by Darknut

This is awesome! The head is especially well done and I don't know what you're talking about but the legs actually look pretty cool because it makes it look a lot more flexible. Although there could at least be one other colors, this is still nicely done! Great job on this!

pWPTu7m.jpg

I'm going to cut to the chase here and say I love that colour scheme. The sleek black and bits of trans-orange popping out in some places appeals to me.For the legs, I have to agree with you and say I'm not a fan. You know how the whole Moc is like smooth black? The legs here have that circle piece on the bottem legs that doesn't exactly fit for me. I would take that out and put a more smoother piece on the bottem legs to make it flow a bit better. Like those pieces on the bottem arms. I really like those arms, they're top notch. So is that torso. I love it. Nice Moc overall, but I agree on you're points about the legs.~Gravity

Edited by Gravity Caiox

Normally I wouldn't like the all-black colour scheme, but it looks just awesome. It looks like some sort of robot assassin bounty hunter, and the colour really makes the orange pop, which is neat. Very slick, and uniform. Well done.

IetTsFQ.png

Oh hey, this is pretty decent!First of all, I'm totally diggin' the torso. The way it connects to the waist looks very robotic, as do the shoulders. The head-cannon-dealie is nice too, although if at all possible I would try moving the trans-orange plate back a little bit.From what I can see, the arms are okay. Nothing too special about them, that's for sure, but they work. I actually kinda like how you kept the traditional mata-hand design :)Now, for the feet. I see what you mean about them being the slackest point of the MOC, and they would certainly look awkward in a lot of other poses. I would scrap the legs altogether, as the thighs seem rather odd anyway. Some ideas might be to use some of those conical pieces like on the arms for the thighs, and maybe do some digitigrade legs (see here). Y'know, something not too lanky, but still on the digitigrade-side of things. Maybe try something like I did on F33-X2 (check the legs on this thing)?Anyway, I really like what you've got here. With a little bit of work on those legs you can make this MOC even better! Good job all round.

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

This is awesome! The head is especially well done and I don't know what you're talking about but the legs actually look pretty cool because it makes it look a lot more flexible. Although there could at least be one other colors, this is still nicely done! Great job on this!
Thanks, the head was the original concept which sprouted the entire MOC, and I'm glad you like it. To be honest that is the exact problem with the legs, because they look so flexible and, well skinny, they don't fit with the rest of the MOC at all, but it's interesting to know you like them. I originally intended to incorporate light grey into the it but decided against that later on, I don't know maybe I'll try to swap out some pieces and see what works. Thanks for the comment though.
I'm going to cut to the chase here and say I love that colour scheme. The sleek black and bits of trans-orange popping out in some places appeals to me.For the legs, I have to agree with you and say I'm not a fan. You know how the whole Moc is like smooth black? The legs here have that circle piece on the bottem legs that doesn't exactly fit for me. I would take that out and put a more smoother piece on the bottem legs to make it flow a bit better. Like those pieces on the bottem arms. I really like those arms, they're top notch. So is that torso. I love it. Nice Moc overall, but I agree on you're points about the legs.~Gravity
I'm happy you enjoyed the color scheme, cause that was the main goal of it, to get the orange parts to pop out more. I would absolutely love to do what you suggested to the legs, but I'm not necessarily sure if I have any more of those pieces, although I completely agree with you on the idea. I'm happy you like the arms, was going kind of for a classic look with the Mata hands and all. Maybe I'll try to incorporate another color if I have a lack of those black dome pieces. Thanks for the review.
Normally I wouldn't like the all-black colour scheme, but it looks just awesome. It looks like some sort of robot assassin bounty hunter, and the colour really makes the orange pop, which is neat. Very slick, and uniform. Well done.
I'm glad that it looks so slick and uniform to you, as that was the original plan for it, so I feel like I was able to actually achieve some success in that area ^.^. Thanks for the comment and I'm happy you also enjoy the colour scheme.
This is Great,what are the little screw things
Screw things? Do you mean the Black system domes on the arms and the head? Kind of confused on which piece you are talking about.
Oh hey, this is pretty decent!First of all, I'm totally diggin' the torso. The way it connects to the waist looks very robotic, as do the shoulders. The head-cannon-dealie is nice too, although if at all possible I would try moving the trans-orange plate back a little bit.From what I can see, the arms are okay. Nothing too special about them, that's for sure, but they work. I actually kinda like how you kept the traditional mata-hand design :)Now, for the feet. I see what you mean about them being the slackest point of the MOC, and they would certainly look awkward in a lot of other poses. I would scrap the legs altogether, as the thighs seem rather odd anyway. Some ideas might be to use some of those conical pieces like on the arms for the thighs, and maybe do some digitigrade legs (see here). Y'know, something not too lanky, but still on the digitigrade-side of things. Maybe try something like I did on F33-X2 (check the legs on this thing)?Anyway, I really like what you've got here. With a little bit of work on those legs you can make this MOC even better! Good job all round.
Thanks, the torso is probably the part I'm the most proud of overall, as it was originally what I build first. Yeah I tried moving the orange plate already a few times, and I think I can get it to look a bit better like that. I'm happy you like the mata hand design too ^.^ . Yeah I've scrapped the legs multiple times to be honest, but I'll try to fix them. I tried digitigrade legs, although I'm not very good at making them but somehing like what you did might work pretty well on it. I'll see what I can do. Yeah the thighs are the worst part by a longshot. Thanks for the review though I appreciate it.

This is really good. I like the incorporation of the circular parts. The Mata hands actually look pretty good on this figure.
Thank you for your comment. Yeah I had actually originally planned for it to be more curved and circular, although I didn't seem to necessarily pull that off real well on the legs. I'm glad that you also like the Mata hands a lot.
It's simple, but i am SO diggin' that design.For such small size you manage to pull off an immence amount of detail, wich is admireable.The body design in particular is incredible.I hope to see more of you in the future!
Thanks, although to be honest it's not that detailed really. Nonetheless I'm humbled by your remark. The body was what really inspired the idea, so I'm gad that it's the most eye catching to you. Thanks for your comments and....well support, I guess. Edited by Darknut

• 2 weeks later...

I love the round parts you used for the limbs, very cool. The torso has an excellent hunchback shape, well done there. The elbows and upper arms look strange- the orange studs look out of place, and the angled texture looks odd. Something utilizing Nuva shoulder pads would be great instead. Beyond that, very well built and designed character.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg