Okay, it's been a while since I've written, and now that Onewa7 made my PBZP, I thought I'd share his story...

The Builder

By: Click

Entry 1…I had another one of those dreams. It began the same way it always does, with a living suit of black and gold armor furiously gesturing at a wall of carvings I can’t quite read. As I try to convey my lack of understanding, he starts yelling at me and gestures even more. As I peer at where he’s pointing, the carvings almost…absorb me, and I find myself falling into darkness, surrounded by letters.I open my eyes to find myself in a blurry room with five other beings, all of us clustered around a small tablet. One by one, they step back into the darkness, and I am left alone.Alone, as an icy wind cuts through into the dark cave I’m standing in. I attempt to peer outside into the fierce winds, and as my eyes squint against the storm, it reveals a large, yellow cat…I snap awake in a dark cave, thoughts of running and escape filling my mind, until the familiar embrace of the organic creature on my face brings me back to sane thought. The Krana reminds me I am in the Bohrok nest, among friends, and my thoughts of escape are just the products of another bad dream.Except this dream was different, I remembered a word that made it all feel real.Chronicler.The name brings to mind a previously unnoticed being sitting in the corner, furiously scribbling on a tablet in the first part of the dream. He was writing…history, I think. Then I determined that the Swarms need a Chronicler, and since Bohrok Va don’t have the best handwriting, I will take this duty upon myself, and that is how this record starts.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

Entry 2…My type is Pahrak-Ro, a special unit in the Bohrok Swarms designed for rebuilding the Swarms after each mission into more effective forms. Sometimes, Gahdok calls me “Onuku,” which means “builder” in her tongue. I am honored by this name.Speaking of honors, as my service to the Swarms continue, I have been pronounced a Swarm Commander, and had my fitting of the Krana today. Usually, this ceremony is unheard of, but as I am a popular figure among the Swarms, all of them attended, not like they have anything else to do. As the old Krana Za was replaced with the Xa, I had those same feelings of escape, and that I didn’t belong there. Cahdok looked worried and hurried to put the Krana on my face, putting an end to the ceremony.With my new Krana, I could feel new power sweeping over my old worries. Complex plans and strategies came almost instinctively, and I knew I had to build. With a wave of my hand, a small group of Nuhvok Va followed me to my residence.

Entry 3…It has been a busy few days, and I apologize for not writing, as I have been working on some new designs. My new Krana Xa has given me something to think about, and it gives a little squirm of approval when it sees its ideas come to completion.In the past few days, I’ve rebuilt the Nuhvok Va to stronger forms. They are now more flexible and yet stronger than before. I plan to do similar upgrades for each Va in the future.My new Krana has also given new meaning to my dreams. Two nights before, I had another one. It became sharper and clearer to my eyes, showing new details I missed.I am standing before a living suit of armor who is gesturing madly at a word on a wall of carvings. I start squinting at it, and noticing that I recognize the letters.K…O…J…And suddenly, I find myself in a falling, trying to catch the letters that seemingly burst from the wall, reading them one at a time.N….O….K….R…V…L…The room changes, and I find myself in another room that’s dark and filled with junk. The suit of armor is pulling out some pieces of a kind of shiny black material, and crafting them with his powers. He takes off my armor one piece at a time, replacing the silver with the black, and smiling in approval……Smiling at me is now a white and dark blue being, nervously arcing electricity between her fingers as we both look towards a tablet, but I can’t make out the words yet, and the others in the room don’t seem to be making much sense of it either. One white being stands in the corner, staring right at me……Staring right back at me is a huge Kane-Ra-like creature, but obviously smarter and stronger. He begins a vicious charge, coming right at me with a spear……A spear materializes in my hand, seemingly by magic, but as I look closer, I notice weld marks around a compartment in my mechanical hand. Quickly sliding my hand down the shaft, the spear telescopes into itself, storing in that compartment for the next use as I gaze over my deceased foe……My deceased foe, the Bahrag.A sharp headache brings me awake, panting. The Krana tries to calm me down, but I can’t, not yet. I gaze down at my hand nervously, hoping against hope there are no weld marks there. Relieved, I can sit back on my bed, my fears proven false.But then, I realize, that was my left hand.The Krana tries to force it down, but with enormous willpower, I force my right hand close to my face, revealing almost imperceptible weld marks across the metal of my palm.I mimic the sliding motion I remember from my dream, and the compartment clicks open, revealing a telescoping spear that quickly grows to its full size.“What could this mean?” I think to myself.

Edited by Click