Crunchy's Flash Fire Entries

Crunchyn

These are my entries for the Flash Fire Contest. I did them all today because I'm gonna be super busy this weekend. Tahu was the most frustrating for me to draw because I don't understand or like the design of the Adaptive Armor but I felt it would be a good challenge. Then I looked at the contest guidelines and remembered that he gotta be able to stand for a display and I was like "Uh Oh." So I quickly drew a rock, which I actually meant to be dust kicking off but I don't understand physics apparently. Vakama was the easiest for me though I didn't have an orange marker so I blended my Light Prawn and Buttercup Yellow for the Orange. Jaller, meh, I could tell I didn't do a good enough job for him.

Click on Thumbs for the Pictures

thumbflashfirejaller.pngthumbflashfiretahu.pngthumbflashfirevakama.png

Time: Jaller 1 hour, Tahu 3 hours, Vakama 1 hour

Medium: 2H pencil, 03 PrismaColor Fine Line Marker, Copic Markers, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen

WIP Pics:

Thanks for looking!

:)

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Very cool style, especially Tahu, which, for the challenge, turned out very cool.Jaller: The MoL style was pulled off nicely here, and I really like your versions of the pieces. The mask is a little asymetrical, but that's the only problem I can find! The shading gives nice depth, he's detailed without going overboard, and you can see the set design very well in him.Tahu: Just awesome. Simply awesome. Kinda seems like a Manga Mecha with those wings and low head, which makes him look even cooler. The details are awesome (especially the torso and the jets ready for lift off!), although a little cluttered, and the mask looks very cool. This is definitely going to be a serious competitor in the contest!Vakama: It's very hard to draw those technic axle limbs and Mata Head feet, but you pulled it off well (even though you kinda skipped the feet. :P) The angular staff and mask looks cool, as well as the hands, and I really like that he's holding the Mata Nui and Makuta stones. Shading looks very cool, and even the black looks nice. I've always been a fan of the MoL Turaga vest, and I was glad you included it. The balls on the shoulders and hips look kinda large for the thin legs, but it kinda contributes to the "old turaga" feel. Great job on this one, another great competitor!

Very cool work - I particularly like the coloring style you've used here, as well as the little detail of the stones Vakama is holding.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Love this style and the colors you used. They have a very nice, slightly earthy and faded look. It would be cool to see a whole comic in this style-- it's very expressive and yet not quite as sketchy as that employed by Stuart Sayger (who was really the only BIONICLE comic artist who willfully deviated from the set design to such an extent).Good luck in the contest!

These are good. They are very detailed. I'll review them one by one.Jaller: I like the kohlii stick and shield, but he looks a little boxy.Vakama: He is practically flawless, but he lacks the detail of the others.Tahu: He is definitely my favorite. The details are great. I love how you kept him true to the set while adding your own style to make him look good. The only small issue I found was that his head looks a bit squished.Good job on these!

I really need a better signature.

Just wanted to say how beautifully rendered I think these are - you've got some masterful blending of the markers going on. The Tahu is especially one of my favorite entries - I think it shows some incredible action, and the fact that it's a design for Tahu that is generally not popular was a brave choice. Good luck in the competition!

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND