Star Wars: Sybre Edition (Text Game)

Sybre

Yes, everyone, a text game version of Star Wars: Sybre Edition (an upcoming Bionicle-related movie soon to be made by yours truly) has arrived! Prepare for extreme awesomeness! Read on to find out the rules that force you down.

Staff: This is Bionicle-related. I promise. It's just Bionicle in a Star Wars movie.

RulesFirst of all, unrelated text must be labeled OOC. Related text must be labeled IC.BattlingSurprise! This is a fighting game. If you've seen ANY Star Wars movies, you'd know what to expect. The Jedi and Sith use lightsabers and the Force to dismember each other. The rest of the fighters are normally made up of gun-type and other weaponed people. Remember, you can't suddenly gain ANY of these weapons automatically. However, you can buy lightsabers and better guns in the shop (will be explained soon).Now, killing and slashing limbs and other stuff off of people is strictly forbidden. However, wounding is possible. Don't worry, if you have a first-aid kit (one is provided upon joining the game and you can buy more using credits, which will be explained later), you can heal yourself. Melee is also allowed, but I wouldn't suggest it against lightsabers. And troopers along with other non-Jedi/Sith can't use the Force.And absolutely NO godmodding! The Jedi Order frowns upon that. And no controlling other players' characters.RoundsThis adds zest to the battles. Each round lasts 3 days and will be judged by me afterwards. And, please, follow the rules of the rounds. Rules and round types are provided in a sec.WeaponsWhat's a Star Wars or Bionicle game without epic weapons? You start with ONE weapon and can buy more in the shop with credits. I'm just gonna level with you; lightsabers almost always beat guns. Jedis have been shot before. However, better guns can beat lightsabers a little more easily. However, you can't destroy weapons.ShoppingShopping is how you get more stuff around here. You can buy custom-colored weapons, bombs, armies, and even spaceships (which are only used in space locations)! The main currency the shop accepts is credits, which are rewarded to you for your performance in the rounds.You can only shop in between rounds. So that gives you about 2 days to shop. Once the new round starts, there's no turning back. If you buy something, post what you bought and how many credits you spent. Please follow this rule as it applies to the private records.The actual shop is displayed after some reading. Underlined stuff is very special.ArmiesYes, you can buy your own different armies to crush foes with. If another player has an underlined weapon, they can easily destroy your armies, but not all at once. You can only use one army per round.RoundsRounds are just simply battles with certain rules you must follow. They can happen anywhere in the Star Wars universe with many obstacles which mix the rounds up a bit. The first round will start after a minimum of six players have joined.Free-for-AllYou read it right! There are no teammates to hold you back, but minor alliances with two members are allowed. This is the only round where you can use armies.Team BattleIt's easy. I split you into two teams and you just try to beat each other.Boss BattleThis is a round type where you can be killed. By the selected boss, anyway. Bosses are extremely hard to beat and require teamwork to beat.Space BattleNo ground weapons apply. Just your spaceship! However, If you don't own a spaceship, I'll hook you up with a free starfighter. This is the only round where you can use spaceships, unless there's a space boss battle. There is a team version, also. Basically a space version of the team battle.Darth ZeltrothIn the movie, Darth Zeltroth was a legendary figure who was a very powerful Sith. He almost defeated the Republic in a great war, but was finally destroyed when he was surrounded by ships who open-fired on his starfighter in a space battle. Prior to his death, he swore revenge on the Jedi Order by destroying it in a whole new generation. He returned as a young Jedi named Sybre, the Chosen One. When Sybre became the new Zeltroth, he had newer, better armor. Fueled by anger, his main emotion, Zeltroth inherited his ancestor's legacy.So what role does he play in the game? Thanks for asking! He is your solution to rule-breakers! If anyone continues to break the rules after a friendly warning, call in ol' Zeltroth to undo the great wrong. Don't abuse Zeltroth's powers or I'll use the raging Sith on you!Official In-game ShopEverything must be bought with your credits, people! Don't worry, I'll keep special records, but you should keep track of your credits also. You get 100 credits to start.WeaponsLightsaber (custom-color): 300 cIon Blaster: 50 cPlasma Cannon: 250 cElectrostaff: 275 cWood Staff: 75 cStun Gun (works for three posts at a time): 200 cSleep Dart (works for three posts only): 25 cDisk Launcher: 125 c (Ammo costs 10 c per disk)Explosive Disk Launcher: 325 c (Ammo costs 50 c per disk)Battle-Axe: 100 cVibro-Axe: 375 cFire Whip: 350 cBomb: 95 cToa Staff: 200 cRhotuka Launcher: 265 c (Effects cost 10 more credits. Also tell your effect in your "receipt". If it's not fair, I will tell you to change it.)Toa Sword: 125 cVehicles (Goldenrod means space only)Starfighter: 500 cTIE Fighter: 475 cSpeeder Bike: 400 cArmiesClone Trooper: 50 soldiers=200 c, 75=250 c, 100=300 cBattle Droid: 50 soldiers=150 c, 75=200 c, 100=250 cThe shop will be expanded later.Entry FormWell, people, this is crucial to your entry. Copy, paste, and fill this out in your first post to enter!Name:Age: (optional)Species: (must be a species in BIONICLE. Turaga is allowed)Gender:Alignment: (This helps determine who your teammates will be in a team battle.)Affiliation:Rank:Weapon(s): (Must be appropriate for your affiliation)Desription and/or picture:Cybernetics: (optional)Special Abilities: (optional)Bio: (optional)Here's an example:Name: Sybre AirrunnerAge: 24Species: MatoranGender: MaleAlignment: Good, later evilAffiliation: Jedi Order, later Sith OrderRank: KnightWeapons: Two lightsabersDesription and/or picture: Jedi, Sith (before Zeltroth transformation)Cybernetics: Cyborg handSpecial Abilities: ForceBio: Sybre and his younger brother Reggie were Force-sensitive children who wanted to fufill their destinies by using their powers for good in the Republic. A new Jedi Master named Junji Un-Zanoki chose them to be his apprentices sometime after their training. Together, they faced Darth Vlaud with the assisstance of Junji's master Rhy Von Flyn. As they four battled the deadly Sith, he knocked out Sybre and Reggie. Rhy Von then kicked his skills up a notch and fought for real, but was killed by Vlaud. Rhy's killer then turned toward Junji's fledgling apprentices to kill them himself, but Zanoki snuck up on Vlaud and cut him in half, finishing the job by throwing him into a pit. Sybre and his brother later became Padawans near the time when the clone troopers were introduced. During the following Clone Wars, Sybre's hand was cut off by Count Eoku. Ever since, Sybre had swore revenge. Upon becoming a Jedi Knight, he battled and effortlessly killed Eoku, pleasing the Sith. A Sith spy later approached him with a deal. If Sybre joins the dark side, he will become more powerful. Sybre did so, becoming the new Darth Zeltroth. He worked on destroying the Jedi Order, but was stopped by Junji, his former master and friend, who relectantly slashed off all of Sybre's limbs and left him to burn in lava. Vidior, the Emperor of the Sith, founder him and put him in a suit of armor better than the previous Zeltroth's. And so, Zeltroth's reign of terror had continued.Player ListIf you want to quit the game, PM me so I can empty your spot.

1. TNG Prime
  2. Open
  3. Open
  4. Open
  5. Open
  6. Open
  7. Open
  8. Open
  9. Open
  10. Open
  11. Open
  12. Open
  13. Open
  14. Open
  15. Open
  16. Open
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
  20. Open

There you have it, folks! Start entering! More info might be added later.-Sybre

Edited by Sybre: Soul Shinipire

mindeth the cobwebs

TNG is quite right. However, the Star Wars slot in COT is open if you do want to host a Star Wars RPG.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Actually, this is a fighting game. Basically, most of the characters and stuff in Star Wars are replaced with BIONICLE stuff.So this is like a fighting video game.
Someone else tried this. No RP except fighting. Still got closed.
Huh.Do you think this passes for a game?

mindeth the cobwebs

Oh. Never mind then. In that case...Name: TNG PrimeAge: UnknownSpecies: ToaGender: MaleAlignment: GoodAffiliation: Jedi Order (Part-time)Rank: Knight (He would have been a master, but he was too attached to pie.)Weapons: Orange LightsaberDescription, aka Picture: http://www.brickshel...customrazor.pngCybernetics: Part of his entire body. Read Bio.Special Abilities: Force, obviously.Bio: TNG was created when a Protoform, some Energon from Optimus Prime, and the items the Great Beings used to create Matoran were dumped into Energized Protodermis. He was born as a child part Toa and part Prime, and grew to his current age. Through an odd series of events, his archenemy turned him into a Toa. When the Jedi Order realized he had force potential, he took it as a part-time job to get enough cash for some pie. He has a good nature and is kind to friends and neutral beings, but tends to kill enemies in battle with less hesitation than is usual for a Jedi.(That's also the canon backstory for his appearance in your movie, Sybre.)

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

All right, well, I have to say that while that the characters created for this game are assumed to be Bionicle characters, the setting, powers, items, and gameplay mechanics are all directly taken from Star Wars, meaning that every gameplay post would be indistinguishable from one in a pure Star Wars game, where the characters are your everyday Sith and Jedi. I can't see how the text from any post in this game could prove that this is indeed Bionicle-related. That fact alone is enough reason for me to shut this down. I can't ship it over to COT because games in that subforum require approval. You're welcome to take it over there; just be sure to contact a COT Forum Leader about it.There is another problem, and that is that this game is indeed very much like an RPG. Yes, I can see how your proposal is structured like Bionifight, and yes, Bionifight 4 did run for nearly 100 pages. That was, however, before I took over and revamped the rules. No, Bionifight would not have been allowed under the current G&T administration. Without concrete numbers (health points, stat points, what have you), gameplay in such topics becomes what is essentially a write-off, meaning that the goal is creativity and not, say, maximizing one's DPS. Players are judged for how well they can tell a story, and that's where things start looking like an RPG. You take on the role of an original character and narrate the events of a battle. The use of "IC" and "OOC" doesn't help. The "Boss Battle" portion of Bionifight had the right idea: "Every tenth round is a Boss Battle, where every fighter must work together to try and defeat an enormously overpowered special guest. During this round the regular rules of Bionifight are changed drastically, mainly in the fact that fighters have health points and can be killed by the boss." Your "Boss Battle" description states that players can be killed as well, but neglects the use of health points. Moreover, it's only one round out of four. Now, you do take things further with the incorporation of a shop and the use of credits. This is one step in the direction of making this a "strategy game." Unfortunately, their inclusion doesn't really affect the mechanics of gameplay and the basis of judging rounds. Let me clear something up: it's fine to encourage players to type up paragraphs and paragraphs to describe a magnificent round of fighting, but when the basis of judging a victor is only how well a series of posts can immerse a reader, how well they told a story, how epic things get, that's when things get RPG-like. I have nothing against exercising one's narrative capabilities - it's just that this is not traditionally the place for such a thing. The rules have always disallowed RPGs, and that hasn't changed. I have been stricter with enforcing it and with defining what exactly makes one; I won't deny it. Again, though, I have no problem with a little bit of storytelling making its way into the posts of a fighting game. There just needs to be something more.