Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

IC:Earlier: The cables failed to do anything to Slate. He simply became sand and avoid injury. The other two did seem to get hurt. He generated sound to say, "Director, I walked into your prison to help the innocent. I wandered here to confront the assassins that brushed me aside. I knew nothing of you and you just attack me. As if I am your enemy. You maybe a cold calculating machine but you are no better than a barbarian. All those who have even a little power let it get to them. It corrupts their minds. But since you offered me mercy. I will offer you some aswell. I will meet with Lyxek and see the story from the otherside. Whatever I learn will guide my decision to help or hinder one or both of you." Slate picked up his sword forced his form into a humanoid shape and walked away. Now: Slate would have followed Waiter but the Toa used a mask or something and became invisible and soundless. Slate hailed a taxi and asked to be driven to the Ring headquarters. The being asked not so nicely to get out of his car. Slate complied and got out. The car sped away. So he walked down the road and hoped to find someone who knew where the Ring headquarters was located.

Edited by infinitus

IC - Vailian - Jial Island: Using some of the additional nets that Dartick had brought with them, Vailian bound the other, fallen Niaka, binging the total number up to 15. He smiled as they loaded them onto the ship. "Don't worry; you'll be free tomorrow," he said quietly, patting the snout of one of the stunned wyverns; it growled at him. The Ring member looked and nodded at Eremia. "Let's go." Climbing into the Delta 51, the ship took off back toward the mainland. IC - Sword of Ybrus - Warehouse, by Tumbler: The new sword didn't say anything; after a certain point it seemed as if Dalmia had not included the ability to speak within its powers. However, true to his word, it suddenly shifted in Vertak's grip, a darker, more regal voice speaking instead of the Sword of Ybrus's calm and soothing one. "I am the dark side of Ybrus's heart; that does not mean I know my other half's secrets," it said. "For what light shines upon one side of the moon does not illuminate the other. I doubt that I can help you in any way that is not combat or spiritual guidance -- though I will say that I fight for what I deem to be the stronger side..." IC - Elithes - Day Run Infirmary: Elithes opened his eyes, finally awaking. Slowly, he looked around; judging from a screen on the wall, the match was still on, Kairan and Swerv both still in the fight. He raised an eyebrow.Eizher I vasn't out for very long or zhey're defying zhe laws of zhe Team Crests... IC - Sanshou/Lurinost/Syn - Outside of the Garden: As Syn teleported them out of the Garden and back to the factory they had entered from, Sanshou couldn't help but wonder about the safety of the two beings they had seen. She also wondered who, exactly, they were; if they had managed to get into the Garden without a Keeper... or had they gone there with one and he had been killed...? Hm... this will need to be investigated... IC - Rode/? - The Garden: After a long and grueling fight, the "Fehrshak," as Syn had called them in conversation with Lurinost and Sanshou, had been defeated -- though not for long. Rode and his partner stood amongst the bodies of the dead, having barely managed to avoid being injured in the fight. Even now, however, they could see the bodies beginning to recede into the ground; it was only a matter of time before they were back. "We should get moving," Rode said. His partner nodded. "Teleport us to the exit spot; from there we can get out of here and record our findings." "Right," the other being said. "Though we'll be lucky if this doesn't happen again. What drew them this time? Usually they don't appear without a Keeper around." Rode frowned, turning to where they had seen the three beings earlier. The other being followed his gaze, silent for a moment before nodding. "That would make sense... That means we'll have to watch the KNPD -- or at least Lurinost -- more closely from now on." A second later, they had disappeared, transporting to the top of the hill; from there, they vanished once more, appearing in the Barrens.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Vertak, North District Warehouse: Now it was Vertak's turn to be confused. As he waited for the sword to recover and speak, he turned to Kaelen."Bringing the dead to life has happened before?" he questioned. "That... has, unsurprisingly, not been widespread knowledge. If I'm remembering correctly, something like that happened during the final Night Run tournament... you might be right. Do you know anything else?" -ibrow

OOC: Rules of the Team Crests? =P -==IC: Kairan==- Kairan moved forward, and looked around slowly, as he tried to figure out where Swerv might be.I need to find him. Now. Kairan thought. However, he still didn't have a plan aside from his makeshift one.

OOC: This time, HAL opened the pod bay doors. Into here...IC: Flynn woke up in his two story house, 1 master bedroom, kitchen, living room and front room. He went and made himself some breakfast, started eating, and a hologram of Albert appeared on the hologenerator at the centre of the table. "Flynn, I still don't know how we can afford all this. You aren't even a working matoran!" "Al, I have you to advise me on my Day Run bets. How am I supposed to lose money, exactly?" "I'm based off a human consciousness. Your's, to be specific. So you know one day our guy isn't going to beat the spread, and it'll be a bet on which we lose a heck lot more than we want to" "You're memory unit is failing again. You aren't susceptible to matoran error. You aren't a matoran. And to answer your question, that hologenerator is being powered by me. So we don't need to pay for fuel cells. Either way, transfer into SSD002-" "I'm sentient, you can just say "pop into me, Al", you know. No reason to be specific." "Why are we even having this argument! Get in!" "I assume were riding the segway to the Unemployment Agency. I'll split myself between you and our cute little electronic unicycle." "Just do it". Al hopped into the segway, powered it on and sent it to the front door. Flynn walked to the front, opened the coat closet, took his jacket and put it on. Nice cloak, he thought. Unlike anything else except the money Al miraculously gets me. He went out, hopped on the segway, held on and thought the directions to Albert. "Al, take me to a gun range." "Excuse me, sir?" "You heard me. Want to get some practice in with my rifle." "Nearest one is 1 kio away. 400 credits for the whole day" "Take it out of my bank account" "Sure". Flynn and Al rode the way down, passing by curious matoran, when all of a sudden a vahki jumped out of the shadows. Flynn took out his rifle, jumped off the segway, pumped the master key attachment and, pressing it up to the vahki's torso, blew apart his "chest", sending his limbs flying in every direction. "Al, didn't you say Day Run gambling was legal?" "We needed the funds at the time" "###### it Al! Transfer all my funds to the payment chip, then cut the chip off from wireless acce-" "Funds are gone, sir. Taken. It was the force. We can easily recoup them, but I'm scanning cop channels. They don't care we destroyed a vahki, they have the money. It was a diversion. May as well get a job now, no other options-" "No Al, send a virus to their computer system that will take back the money and post a message on their monitors: Take anymore of my money, and the next cyber attack will be worse. And by the way, update your legal logs. Gambling on the Day Run has always been legal. I just never told you. This was a theft." "We can't counter steal it, that will give them reason to arrest us! No viruses Flynn, you're angry". Flynn walked over and picked up the vahki's head, still online, but firing mechanism currently damaged. "Fine. Bring the Seg over this way, and pick me and the head up. I'm going back home. I feel like experimenting with this vahki tech"...OOC: Now isn't that a nice first post?

Northern District Warehouse IC: "Not a whole lot. From what I heard their was a group of contestants exploring a cave around the end of the Night Run, looking for some odd beings that had been sighted near there. While they were doing so, some sort of undead started to spread out over the island from the mountain.After that the group drops off the radar for several hours, all the Rumor Mill knows is that one of them was "Sacrificed".After that the undead stopped and the Brotherhood of Makuta moved in and cleaned the place up."Kaelen gestured to Vertak. "If you have anything to add to that it would help us figure this out." OOC: I may have gotten a few things mixed up but, who said that the Rumor Mill was all that accurate anyway.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Goodness... Flynn is back. IC Kayzata - Outside North District Warehouse - Talking to Vertak: "What a disappointment... I could have defeated him if I had just had the time," he said, disintegrating a nearby rock with a blast of plasma. Phoenix flew out of the Warehouse and back onto Kayzata's shoulder, the tall orange and black being then looked to Vertak, "What now, Matoran?" he asked, looking at the sword. Apparently Dalmia had split whatever the sword had been in two, giving Vertak the other, darker half; Kayzata had paid the Night Run no attention, at the time he was more concerned with his Empire. He was willing to follow Vertak until the next Match began, and help him in whatever way he needed him to; but when the time came for the two to fight in the Events, he would have to send the Matoran to the infirmary. OOC: Speaking of Matches and Events, when is the next one, Parugi? -Kayzata

OOC: Blade -- just a way on noting in-game that this is taking a little while longer than I thought it would. :P Skarloth: Whenever the current one ends. Badger Kal and Blade. :P Flynn: In....deed... Although, for future reference, there aren't any Vahki on Kai-Nam; no point to have them with the power levels of the vast majority of KNPD officers. And the Day Run has an alliance with the KNPD, so betting there isn't illegal... IC - Copy of the Sword off Ybrus - Outside of the Warehouse: "Gynel was once a place of sanctity for lost and newly-dead spirits, assisted in their travel to the next life by the Matoran of Ectoplasm," the Sword chimed. "Even when I and my other half were a normal being, that much was true. But ever since its ruler, the God Ruaki, was overthrown by the God of Arrogance and the God of Pride all those years ago, a great shadow has hung over the place; even with his supposed slaying in the past year, darkness still looms about the island. I doubt you would find anything but death and a place of misery were you to go there." Vertak's Team Crest suddenly crackled to life. "Vertak, it's Za... and... ya.... rn it...." There was a quick clicking sound, and then the static cleared. "Do you read me, Vertak? It's Zanth." A metallic clang sounded on the other end as someone seemed to slam a weapon into the wall. "We need to talk."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC Kayzata - Outside North District Warehouse - Musing/Talking: "Gods of Pride and Arrogance? I should have paid more attention to this Night Run you speak of..." the being said, trailing off as he recalled multiple intervals of time when he could have investigated the tournament thoroughly. "Gynel... Hm. Is this another island you speak of, Sword, or is did the events you told of unfold on Kai-Nam?" Kayzata asked Ybrus, searching for a possible mental opening into the Sword's mind, if it had one at all. OOC: Does the sword have a mind that Kayzata would be able to read, Parugi? -Kayzata

IC: Vertak, North District: Vertak nodded at the new Sword's response."I have an arena match coming soon." he replied. "I could use your help then. And, if you decide to desert us, please let me know BEFORE you stab me."He thought for a moment before continuing."I'm also not going to seem like the strongest in this match." he informed the Sword. "I have an appointment later on this evening I'm worried about... so I'm not going to be risking any major injury." Suddenly his team crest crackled to life; after the message, he glanced at Kayzata and Kaelen (and spoke also to the sword, just in case):"Who's Rodax?" he asked. Speaking into his crest, he responded:"Vertak here. What do you need?" he asked. "I think you might need to make it quick... for the both of us." -ibrow

OOC: Skarloth -- nope; has to do with the way the Sword of Ybrus itself was created. Also, oops -- sorry, major face palm right there; I got my characters' names mixed up. XP That was Zanth; Rody's not in this story. Please ignore that mistake. Actually if you could, edit your post and pretend that name was never used; that's just plain embarrassing. XD IC - Sword Copy - Warehouse: "You live in this universe and yet seem to know so very little of its set up," the Sword said quietly. "Gynel is another island, entirely different from Kai-Nam. From what I've gathered scanning the shadows in the past year, it is also where this 'Night Run' took place up until this year. Anyway, Matoran, this plight interests me... Perhaps I'll forgo my usual attitude about people and stick around. Perhaps."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Sol continued to dream...Things came back into focus. Sol stood in a room with one wall completely made of glass. He looked outside and saw something. It was a vast lifeless matterless vacuum but what was amazing was the giant ball of fire in the sky. Sol reached out and thought, home? But he did not know why. Was that his home? Sol did remember falling. Did he fall from here? He wanted to go outside of this room. "Remember yet Sol?" Sol looked around. Again the owner of the voice did not appear. Sol said, "No. I still don't understand what are you showing me?" "I cannot tell you until you remember. But you have remembered this place it is a start." Sol thought, what is this place? And then everything went black.

Northern District Warehouse IC: Kaelen had been about to say something to that effect when the sword spoke up.Instead he said. "What have you been doing for the past year? From what I could tell, you just got split from your light half."

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Alrighty; well, ignoring the error in my second to last post and the resulting response from Vertak... :P IC - Sword/Zanth - Warehouse: "Like I said, we need to talk," the Team Zero leader said. "Whenever you get a chance, come back to the base -- it's important." "My light half and I coexisted," the Sword said. "We were one up until a certain point... Once we reached a point where we could become our own entities, incomplete as we are, we split our knowledge; the light half took with him all past knowledge, leaving me with knowledge of our future. Light and dark, moon and sun, black and white... What one has is kept from the other; that is the way of the world. Anyway, from there I was able to reach out, scan beings... and through them learn what they knew. I bypassed the knowledge barrier. Simple as that."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Norther District WarehouseIC: "Sounds sort of one sided to me. So why did that guy have you then?"Kaelen was starting to feel wierd, here he was talking with a sword.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Northern District WarehouseIC: "We were just fighting over your light side with another being. He ran off with it and left you in it's place.I was wondering how he got possession of you so that he could leave you with us."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC - Sword of Ybrus - Warehouse: "Simple: He beat you and released me," the sword answered matter-of-factly. "Though I must make a correction -- he made off with the whole, not with my light side. That is why I am not equally as powerful as the golden sword -- I am not in my actual container."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Nothern District Warehouse IC: "So he pulled you out of the sword as a whole and that created you as your own sword?" OOC: You dont have to remind us about getting railroaded IC as well.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Northern District Warehouse IC: "So I guess we have a time limit then." Then over at Vertak. "Hey did you hear that?" OOC: Bah. :plain: Oh well.

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Reality warping powers activateIC: Suddenly the vahki head disappeared, just as he was about to hardwire it's comm unit into his system to access the KNPD files. "###### it reality! Why is it when something isn't supposed to exist, it disappears!" "Flynn, calm down. Take your medi-" "NO! THOSE PILLS WERE PRESCRIBED BY THE KNPD TO MAKE ME DOCILE AND THEREFORE UNABLE TO PURGE THE CORRUPTION! YOU CAN GO SHOVE THOSE PILLS UP YOUR A-" and just like that, Albert injected Flynn with a sedative. "Sorry Flynn, but we need to put you on some anger controlling medication. My prescription. It's as if your corrupted by dark elemental powers. Ironic, as you are an av-matoran. Maybe some of that toa nuva cleansing voodoo will work. Either way, don't assume I'm insane by the fact I'm talking to you while you are unconscious. It's just that-" "You know I'm not unconscious, I've built up resistance to sedative. Now it only calms me down. And you know what, Al, don't give me anymore doses. Transfer to SSD001 immediately and prepare for emergency reprogramming." "Really? Please just tell me all your doing is now self-regulating your sedative doses? It would be progress..."OOC: So Albert forces drugs into Flynn's system? Really dark characters.

IC / The Arena Tunnels / Fighting Kairan: The hallway appeared empty and the tunnel did not branch off for a considerable distance. It appeared Swerv was not there. A quick scan would reveal that the dust from the debris hadn’t even been disturbed down the tunnel Kairan had stepped into. Meanwhile, the crackling energy remained the same. IC / Warehouse / Eavesdropping on Vertak and Co.: Gods. The undead. The Brotherhood getting involved. It seemed Brother had missed something major in the past year, no thanks to Swerv, Draxion, and that rotten Toa of Iron. At least now he was able to glean information. It seemed that Lyxek was indeed making a large power play. Brother would have none of that. Brooding in his corner, he let his mind wander with ideas as he continued to listen in, cloaked in deep shadows.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

OOC: Dalmia's time will come, don't worry; when that happens quite a few people will be able to get revenge on him... :P IC - Dark Side of the SoY - Warehouse: "Oh, don't worry; it won't be for a while. But from what that reptilian figure was saying, and from what I've gathered, there are bigger problems on the horizon than my possible breaking." The sword paused, as if sensing something. IC - Dalmia/Lyxek - Ring HQ: "Oh, Lyxek..." Dalmia's voice carried across the hall in a sing-song manner as he walked down it, heading towards the Throne Room. The Sword of Ybrus continued to struggle in his hands; at this point, however, it had no hope of escape, and as such Dalmia wasn't worried. "You're going to be so happy with me once you see what I've found..." The reptilian figure arrived at the door, opening it and then stopping. By the sound of his voice, a large smile had spread across his face as he stepped in. "Oooh; what have we here?" The bodies of the five dead guards had been lowered from the ceiling and placed in a pile, before being covered by a now-bloody cloth; blood smears were present on the ground. Near where Lyxek stood, arms crossed as he kept an eye on the cleaners, marks on the ground indicated that several attacks had been unleashed; against a wall, where they seemed to have been aimed at, the body of another Toa was pinned by the hands. "Gruesome," Dalmia said brightly. "I like it." "Can it," Lyxek said sharply. Dalmia's smile only grew wider. "When I want to hear your jokes, I'll ask you to tell them. Got it?" "Understood, sir. Though I do have one that I absolutely must tell you. What's a sharp object that doesn't usually talk? ... A sword!" Lyxek raised an eyebrow before turning to look at the Ring member. Then he straightened up, suddenly interested. "I found it in North District, with the... help... of a Matoran. He fought for it bravely, but in the end I wrested it from his cold-handed grasp..." "Lies!" the sword yelled, catching the attention of the Matoran workers in the room. "He didn't kill anyone -- in fact he was almost beaten! He only won through his trickery and train-like rashness! And he split me in half -- which means you can't use me!" "Now that is funny," Lyxek said quietly, crossing his arms and stooping down to look at the sword. His power over Sonics meant that the conversation would not get to anyone's ears but their own. "Listen here, little Ybrus, and listen well. I don't need your shadow and your light to activate the Heart; in fact this suits me perfectly. Your lack of darkness now means that you counterbalance the pure shadows of the Mask of Night -- meaning that all of the ingredients are in check." The sword went silent. Lyxek smirked and then looked at Dalmia. "Take it to the statue; the sooner we seal the sword, the better. After that we just need to find the Eyes, the Mask and the Rose."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan==- Kairan paused, and then started to back up, as he realized that this wasn't right. However, just the same, as he moved away, he fired a lightning bolt forward, as he started to move back down the other tunnel."Show yourself! Quit hiding and come out and fight me!" Kairan said, though obviously it likely didn't have the emphasis he had been hoping for, due to his fatigue, and was more or less a bluff that was centered on a couple risks that was called a 'plan'. OOC: =P

IC / The Arena Tunnels / Fighting Kairan: Swerv mentally rolled his eyes. It wouldn’t be much of a trap if he just stepped out and engaged Kairan. In fact, Kairan just might be able to do something big. If that Toa was still hanging on, there was a reason for it. As Kairan went farther down the main hallway, the crackling sound intensified. It definitely was around the next right corner.

OOC: FIRST OF ALL: I got first dibs on getting my revenge on Dalmia.Second: Bah, so fast! :oThird: Sorry, got shut off right as I was about to edit Parugi. Will leave it I guess. :P IC: Vertak, North District: "Yes... yes, I heard." Vertak replied, shaking himself out of a trance. Speaking into his crest, he replied: "Sure. Be there soon. I guess you've seen what happened, eh? Kinda sucks." He then spoke to Kayzata and Kaelen."Can I meet you guys at the Day Run for the match?" he asked. "This thing with Team Zero is private... I'll let you guys in on everything I can later. As it is though, I have a lot of explaining to do to Zanth and Suya about Jale, the two Swords, Keremutu, and everything." Hoping his companions would understand, he hopped into the Tumbler."Djoser, take us to the Team Zero base as fast as you can." he ordered."We should be there soon." the AI replied. As Djoser auto-drove the Tumbler out of the city, Vertak sat back and relaxed, the Dark Sword of Ybrus floating beside him."You can... rest, I guess." Vertak murmured. "If you have any questions, now's the time to ask." -ibrow

IC / Following Vertak / Flying: Brother’s eyes narrowed. It seemed the Matoran was the one with the most information here, or the sword was. Either way, both had just left in almost a tank like vehicle. Flying low to the ground and from shadow to shadow, with shadows still surrounding him, he followed.

IC: "Great Spirit! What in karzahni was that?!" "I've put in an inhibitor, Al. You can no longer control my drug intake." "Flynn, let's enter the day run" "How the heck would we do that? It would be just me and you. Sadly, you aren't physically, well, here." "Upload me into your body. I can manage the segway. I'll drive, you can man the gun and maintain a light shield" "Al, your assuming it isn't a foot race" "Well, firstly Flynn, let's go earn our money back. We might be able to buy me some vahki remains somebody from metru-nui brought over. Uploading to SSD002+SSD003. Flynn, I'm taking emergency control of your body. We're going to a casino back outside" "Very well". Flynn and Al went to the local casino, placed the 5 widgets they had on black 5 times, and got about 160 back. "Nice work Al" "Just doin' my job".OOC: Compulsive gambling, cynicism, and forced intake of what I believe to be narcotics. What the heck is wrong with me?

IC: Vertak, In the Tumbler: Djoser interupted before the Sword or Vertak could speak again."It would appear that something or someone is following us." the AI informed Vertak. "It doesn't seem to have any physical body, however." "Great." Vertak muttered. "Stop the Tumbler."Djoser complied. "Well?" Vertak turned to the sword. "What say we go outside and greet our newest guest?" -ibrow

IC Kayzata - Outside North District Warehouse - Leaving: Kayzata looked down at Kaelen, and tipped an imaginary hat, "I will be seeing you," he said, leaping into the air and flying off at incredible speeds toward the Day Run. OOC: Because he can do that kind of thing. -Kayzata

Northern District Warehouse IC: A nod was all that Vertak got as Kaelen started to walk away with his head bowed in thought. The name Keremutu wasa new one to him.His head jerked around as he caught a movement out of the shadow of his eye. After several minuets of searching, he decided that it wasprobably just the local variation of a rat.With a nod to Kayzata, he blurred off with his Kakama. It apeared that he had stumbled on something big here, first off was a library, followed by the oldest bar that he could find. He needed to find out all he could about this island and it's inhabitants. OOC:Who is Keremutu?

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC / Following Vertak / Flying: Brother stayed hovering a short distance away, hidden in a deep shadow cast by a nearby building. It seemed the tank-like vehicle had stopped. Where was this Matoran going? The Matoran had just left the others and now he was stopping already? Actually, the Matoran might be able to feel or read when powers were exerted or being used. But he hadn’t noticed Brother before, so the equipment had to be in the vehicle. Still, that was a guess, Vertak was probably just stopped to get something to eat or whatever it was Matoran did all the time.

OOC: Silvan: iBrow should be able to OOCly fill you in, since I'm busy at the moment, but basically it's a couple of different things -- one is a legend, that states that there was a being named Keremu who defeated a great evil in the past before being seal away; another is a day, the Day of Rebirth, which relates to the story; and the third is the religion that uses the legend as its base. iBrow: Np. for plot consistency it would probably be a good idea to edit your post, anyway, though. :P Also, you should totes name the sword so that I have something to put instead of that ridiculously long title. :P IC - Darkside - Tumbler: If the sword could nod, it would have; instead, it began to emanate a steady aura of energy -- empowering to Vertak, though fear-instilling to his enemies."I am ready."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Okay. I'll do it tomorrow. IC: Vertak, The Tumbler: "This is pretty sweet." Vertak decided, feeling the effects of the Sword. "Alright. We're going out there then... but first, we should give you a name. A proper one. How does... Rhindon sound?"As he waited for the Sword's response, Vertak climbed out of the Tumbler. OOC: Kal, Brother can reveal himself whenever once the Sword has answered Vertak. :PUntil it does though, Vertak will not know Brother is there.

IC / Following Vertak / Waiting: Brother stopped hovering and let his feet touch the pavement. The Matoran was now out of the vehicle, but he was just standing there holding the sword. What was he doing? Brother crossed his arms and waited in the shadows.

IC - Rhindon - Fighting Brother: Rhindon, the Sword of Ybrus, willed its senses to extend; upon detecting Brother's deep shadow, it went silent, the radiation temporarily stopping. Without warning, a blade of pure shadow energy, unlike anything a Makuta or Rahkshi had ever encountered, launched from the edge of the sword, twisting around Vertak's form and sending out a sonic hum as it directed itself towards the hidden Older Brother. This is but a taste of my power, little one, the sword said. Imagine what I could do were I still with my other half... IC - Zanth/Suya - Team Zero Bunker: Zanth clicked off his Team Crest, turning back to the mess around him. Whoever had broken in -- no doubt a Toa of Iron or someone with a Mask of Keys, given the intact locks throughout the base -- hadn't been very careful when they had taken the necklace. Glass littered the floor and Zarena's case in the Zero Archive; had the thief spent but a few moments longer in the base, they might have been able to deactivate the sensors, and they would have been none the wiser about the robbery. Instead, they had taken the easy route and broken the glass -- setting off the Truth Seers in the process, which continued to line the walls and ceiling of the halls. "You're not mad about this?" Suya asked him at length. Zanth merely shook his head. "Even though it's put Lyxek one step closer to activating the Heart? We really should have considered better defenses..." "We weren't ordered to keep the necklace out of Lyxek's hands; just to make it harder for him to get to it until the time was right. In that sense, we did what we were supposed to do," Zanth answered. "Besides, it's not like the thief got away unscathed; whoever stole the necklace is in for a lifetime of pain and confusion once the main effects begin to kick in..." "This still seems like a really big gamble to me," Suya said, crossing his arms. "What good is psychological damage to one lousy thief if no one manages to stop the Director and Lyxek before they cause damage that can't be fixed? What can we say in that case? 'Yeah, we had part of the Heart's activation key, but we didn't do very much to keep it out of Lyxek's hands. Enjoy the apocalypse!' Seems like a pretty stupid way to be remembered if you ask me." "If the universe is destroyed then we won't exactly be remembered, now will we?" Suya didn't say anything. "Case in point. They won't succeed -- I promise you that. Until he gets the rose from Gynel -- assuming he manages to do so at all -- the necklace is useless to him, as well as to the Director."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Tanuki thanked the AI and began walking toward the lounge it had mentioned, looking down at the 'crest' he had been given.He sighed. Like many a matoran before him, he had fantasized about becoming a toa and going off on heroic adventures. Now, desperate for funds, he had sold himself as a gladiator-a position and game he had viewed in contempt before. He went on, his armored boots sharply clacking against the marble-like floor, going over the recent events in his mind, observing, calculating prior events and possible future ones, until he reached a simply decorated entrance, obviously made for beings larger matoran or toa. Tanuki walked through to see a few other gladiators-some standing proud, boasting of their victories to the others, a few sitting and bitterly trying to ignore them, tending to their wounds.Tanuki set his things down against the wall inside and kept his distance, waiting for his first match-whether it was with weapons or words.

Edited by Aordain

The black sun rises in a crimson sky