In another 11 years...

fishers64

If Bionicle returns or if BZP manages to draw in a wider lego market then I'm sure it can survive. Otherwise I wouldn't expect it to stick around.Personally I would prefer for BZP to become more of a general Lego website with just a nod to its Bionicle past, but I'm probably in the minority.

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

I really don't think BZPower will survive that long. Think about it. Do you see any forums dedicated to Lego Space? Of course not. Nowadays, all that remains of Classic Space is a cardboard box, an instruction manual, a few JPGs on the internet, some Lego media, and several Lego bricks. Soon, Bionicle will be the same. Although, I have high hopes for Bionicle Zone Power being replaced by Ninjago Zone Power...
There is a big difference between LEGO Space and BIONICLE, mainly the lack of story in the former and the fact that LEGO Space existed before widespread availability of the Internet. As far as Ninjago Zone Power, I have very high doubts that it will even last as long, in fact, word is it's going to end next year. :/
If Bionicle returns or if BZP manages to draw in a wider lego market then I'm sure it can survive. Otherwise I wouldn't expect it to stick around.Personally I would prefer for BZP to become more of a general Lego website with just a nod to its Bionicle past, but I'm probably in the minority.
Not really, I think many of us agree with you, at least to an extent.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

...What do you think BZPower will be like? I can see this going two ways: either we become a general Lego site or we try and "stick to our roots".Either way, I think both roads lead to the same destination: a small userbase. If we become a general Lego community, so what? There are a thousand others. If we stick to our roots, then we won't see much of a growth in userbase size - after all, Bionicle's not exactly attracting new fans any more. And when current users inevitably get bored with BZP and leave, no one will replace them.Do you think that BZPower will survive for another eleven years? Yes, but I don't think there will be anything particularly interesting on BZPower in eleven years. Just nostalgia trips and old-timers who refuse to leave.What do you think we will talk about then?Lego Bricks and nostalgia.Will you have something to say if BZPower lasts that long?Probably just nostalgia.

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

I really don't think BZPower will survive that long. Think about it. Do you see any forums dedicated to Lego Space? Of course not. Nowadays, all that remains of Classic Space is a cardboard box, an instruction manual, a few JPGs on the internet, some Lego media, and several Lego bricks. Soon, Bionicle will be the same. Although, I have high hopes for Bionicle Zone Power being replaced by Ninjago Zone Power...
Um... Classic Space fansites do exist. Googling Lego Classic Space will get you some of them on the first page. BZPower has already diversified quite a bit, and I think it could last in its current state as a general Lego fansite held together by its Bionicle roots for some time. It has great staff who are devoted to keeping the site running, and a userbase that continues to grow and replenish itself even now that Bionicle has been gone for two years.As for what it would be like by then, I have no way of knowing. Seeing as it's a Lego fansite, a lot of its future depends on what the Lego Group does over the course of the next decade, and I don't think even the most core members of TLG's staff can prognosticate that far into the future with any degree of certainty. But if Lego is still around by then, and I have no reason to believe it won't be, then BZPower probably will be, too.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Eleven years from now is a long time. If Bionicle did come back and did stay around until then, it might still be in existence, but with a smaller quantity of active users. But there's a small chance that it will work out perfectly like that. As for what we'll talk about, if Bionicle does come back, obviously we'll talk about Bionicle. But if it doesn't and BZPower is still around, we might just be a bunch of sad forum-goers reminiscing about the good old days. That's kind of a sour note to end with. :(-CM

Wow. 11 years is a very long time to think forward too. Some of the responses (no offense to any poster) are very bleak, but possibly true. It's sad to think that a website that had such a large fan base is slowing fading away. However, I think BZP can last that long, if it becomes a LEGO discussion site. I don't for-see LEGO going out of business any time soon, so turning the forums into a LEGO discussion site, while keeping nods and a few forums to old BIONICLE discussion would be the best. This would allow for more members to join who are fans of other LEGO themes. However, I don't know if this is the direction it is going in. Another possibility would be a Bionicle return, which could also rejuvenate the fan base. However in 11 years I will be 28 and probably not on at all. I may come back to reminisce though. However, as I said, 11 years is far ahead.-Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

I would be very impressed if BZP was still here in 11 years. I think it could be done though. The community here is so tight that we could keep the site together indefinitely, just as a place to hang out. All this prvoided that there's enough money to keep the site up for eleven years. :P

jlovfkk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
...What do you think BZPower will be like?

It'll probably have another new theme... and will be highly dead.

Do you think that BZPower will survive for another eleven years?

The website itself may possibly... It probably won't have many active members, if any, though.

What do you think we will talk about then?

I expect BIONICLE will have returned in some form or another by then, but unless it too survives past BZP's second eleven-year-mark, I simply don't know if there will be anything other than bland generic LEGO discussion (or BIONICLE, I guess).

Will you have something to say if BZP lasts that long?

I'll think of it when I get there.

:P ~:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

...What do you think BZPower will be like? Do you think that BZPower will survive for another eleven years? What do you think we will talk about then? Will you have something to say if BZP lasts that long?
I highly doubt the site would remain up that long.

hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony

Gosh, I dunno. I just hope it's around for that long. :( Depending, of course, on Bionicle's return, and how strong the fanbase would be.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

• 2 weeks later...

Eleven years ago...I was alive, but I don't remember anything from then. Oh well, guess my memory is bad from those early years.But I got into BIONICLE in 2009--just before the end. However, I've been into LEGO Bricks for, like, five years. Wow.Will BZP last? Unless BIONICLE comes back, this site will be more of an LZP (LEGO ZONE POWER), or dead. I'm sure that there will always be members coming to it, and old ones still clinging on (hopefully me, although collecting LEGO Bricks will no longer be a hobby nor a priority). But how long will it last, if activity decreases the nex few years? Probably about five, though I want it to last longer really badly :P.I like to think that I'd be able to check back (and maybe even post) once a month, or every few, but I'm sure that time will get the best of me :(.~MN~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!