The exact nature of the Stars in the MU I'm not sure of, they haven't been seen up close. They are however representative of Mata Nui's thoughts, which dictate destiny in the universe and can therefore be used by Matoran to predict the future. Spirit stars are created to show the presence of Toa in the MU, presumably showing Mata Nui's awareness of them, and that their destiny is particularly relevant. As long as the star is in the sky, the Toa is still alive, and the star shows the Toas general location. That's everything I know on the subject.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

^To add to that, Spirit Stars are able to exist both inside and outside the Matoran Universe, and it is not known how. I have a theory that perhaps they are merely illusions "projected" into the sky by the Toa themselves, and they are not physical objects. We've even seen the Toa Inika create their own Spirit Stars with their Toa tools, so perhaps all Toa do this in some way, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Additionally, it seems that sometimes Toa don't get their stars until they are acknowledged by the Great Spirit himself to be true Toa, and sometimes Matoran who are to become Toa get them before they transform. So perhaps Mata Nui can remotely designate which Toa or destined Matoran will be able to have a star.

Edited by Anti Nui

They seem to be hovering balls of energy.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I don't remember. Probably in the domes they would have to some extent.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, the MU was right under his feet on Aqua Magna, so that's probably what did it. The Inika stars, on the other hand, seemed to be formed half by themselves and half by the Red Star energies, as they flew up there and started orbiting the Red Star once created. It almost seems like they are formed by Toa energy or something similar, are quite small, and is "bonded" to the Toa in such a way that they gravitate towards them as the Toa moves.

• 2 weeks later...

Spirit stars are indeed mysterious. They seem to not just poof into existence when Matoran Becomes Toa.Also, Lhikan's spirit star remained in existence until his death, even after he became a Turaga, which is curious.To add to the discrepancy, Vakama, Matau, and Nokama go to Po-Metru to find Lhikan because they are following Lhikan's star. The Toa Nuva's stars were stationary.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Spirit stars are indeed mysterious. They seem to not just poof into existence when Matoran Becomes Toa.Also, Lhikan's spirit star remained in existence until his death, even after he became a Turaga, which is curious.To add to the discrepancy, Vakama, Matau, and Nokama go to Po-Metru to find Lhikan because they are following Lhikan's star. The Toa Nuva's stars were stationary.
Lhikan told the Toa Metru that Mata Nui would guide them in ways they did not expect. So mabye like Alterego said, Mata Nui was helping them to become true Toa.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

Maybe Toa actually subconsciously project them? So their behavior would be based on what their subconsciouses knew was needed in a particular situation. It would fit the name.