New Bionicle Shoes? Replicas?

FrigidKopaka

Anyone remember the bionicle sneakers with interchangeable mask, from 2003. I found them in new colors such as lime green, black/white, red, blue, and light blue. They are most likely replicas (expensive ones) but they are apparently available in adult sizes.Heres the Link: http://www.mynikeshoes2012go.com/nike-bionicle-youths-white-black-shoes-p-189.html?zenid=c8b34378e099d31ad6254cd06d5c3b1eIf the Link does not work google Bionicle Shoes.

• 4 weeks later...

Great find!These don't seem to be the originals, judging only by color, but they're remarkably like the old ones. It is possible that they are the genuine article if you judge by the box.Although most colors are a bit gaudy for my taste (white being the exception), this was always a pretty cool design, and I just might have to get some of these. I wonder if these were a bunch of the actual old ones that remained unreleased 'cause they're all in adult sizes?~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

I think these are legit, I remember seeing an add for them in a Bionicle comic many years ago. These things have so much swag, I'm tempted to try buying a pair and trying to skateboard in them, wonder if they come in size 12... would def get red ones because fire is the best imo.

The thing is, these are the Takanuva ones, and I never actually saw the Takanuva versions sold back in the day. I wonder if Nike didn't properly release these for some reason?I'm sorry to say, though, that neither the red Avohkii shoes linked in this topic and the old Hau Nuva ones (which are catalogued but not being sold on Bricklink) seem to come in size 12.~

I have no idea why anyone would have recolored the Avohkii back in 2003, though with the whole Light-draining thing for Takanuva in 2008, the white version of the shoes seems oddly appropriate... No idea why they'd make two shades of blue though, let alone one. :PI'm surprised they have the selection of sizes that they do this long after the fact, though. I wasn't even necessarily expecting a size 11.~