IC: He glared."I'm not in-"This was interrupted by a hiccup."I'm fine. And it's always good to repeat important things, makes sure everyone's clear on it."This is why I hate teaching. Quitting as soon as all this mess is over.He turned and scanned his eye against the wall, causing the door to open into a large room. "Alright boys and girls, majority vote. Savage lands or Sentinel fight?"

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Alex (Danger Room)"Sentinel fight." He said without hesitation. Most of the people around him were probably questioning what the heck he thought he was doing, but it was an obvious preference for him.He looked around sheepishly. "At least, that's what I'm voting for."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Dallas (War Room)Dallas stewed over the question for a few seconds before shrugging again with one shoulder."Sentinels."OOC: BTW, Kray, WotS could use a post. =P-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: He shrugged."Sounds good to me. Computer?""Online," came a female mechanical voice."Begin simulation 370, time limit 30 minutes, level 1.""Warning. Higher than recommended levels of alcohol detected. Subject is requested to leave the Danger Room."Abbas swore under his breath."Override code X37T9, execute.""Accepted. Enjoy your simulation."

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: (Blake Raynkin, Tragedy)Blake had just missed the meeting, but had been able to follow them from there. "Sorry i'm late. was in on the other side of the school when i got the call. So what are we doing?"

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: XDDDDIC: Alex (Danger Room)Alex brought his shield into a position where he could easily block with it, and kept his eyes peeled for Sentinels. He had a very specific advantage in this fight, and he was ready to use it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: As the X-Men entered the Danger Room, it transformed before their eyes. Suddenly, they were in a barren, damaged city. A skyscraper-sized Sentinel loomed overhead."Oh..." Julia moaned as the terrible memories came flooding back. Why had she picked this? She had spoken without thinking. Again. And now she was going to have to relive one of the worst moments of her life.

67tlbk.png

IC: Alex (Danger RoomAlex grinned, not noticing Julia's distress. He started running in an evasive manuever, keeping his shield between him and the robot. Using his power, he started searching the massive robot for weaknesses, flaws, anything he could exploit.OOC: You should probably decide what he finds.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Julia's uniform appeared on her as well. However, she didn't really notice. She was too busy staring at the robot in front of her.Okay, she breathed to herself, you can do this. You can do this. A loud mechanical voice interrupted her thoughts."Mutants detected. Initiating attack pattern Beta Two Two Four."The sentinel extended its palm towards the mutants and fired a laser blast in a sweeping arc.Julia screamed and fell over. She scrambled backwards and only ended up with singed toes.Meanwhile, Alex's scan revealed two weak points: the robot's eyes and the reactor in the center of its chest.

Edited by Zyke the Destroyer

67tlbk.png

IC: (Blake:Tragedy)Blake had already started shifting into his werewolf form, ready for a fight. he wasn't expecting a skyscraper sized robot, but he could deal. He ran to the right, looking for cover, and shifting his mouth and vocal chords so he could speak. "alright, anyone have any ideas on how to bring this thing down?"

War...war never changes.

IC: AlexAlex jumped back, hish shield protecting him from the small amount of the attack he couldn't dodge. "Target it's eyes and chest!" He hollered. "It's eyes, and the reactor in it's chest are the weak points!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Abbas dodged the laser, running for one of the destroyed buildings. He leaped onto it, using his abilities to dig hand and footholds, allowing him to quickly scale it.Now if it would only move a little closer to the building... A plan could be made. However, he was supposed to be watching the students, so he'd only try it if things got... How did that one say it? Hairy.English was a strange language.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Dallas (War Room)The space around Dallas, who had been standing on his own off to the right, rippled and fluxed as the young mutant moved forward with a superhuman speed and agility boost and leaped upwards, catching onto the windowsill of an apartment building and doing a handstand on top of it for several seconds before catching himself and standing on his feet. Now, with his back to the wall, he looked for something that could take the thing's reactor out--There we go. Dallas broke off a particularly loose part of one of the other windowsills and tossed it javelin style towards the Sentinel's reactor while it was turned towards the other mutants and away from him...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Mutants initiating escape pattern. Surrender or face destruction."The Sentinel fired its laser once again, this time targeting the base of the buildings Deity and Slipstream had scrambled to, then rotated its head in cyborg Alex's direction."Enforcer technology detected merging with Mutant DNA. Priorities reassessed."As it turned to face its new target, the windowsill bounced off of its armor plating. It pointed both arms at Alex and fired.

67tlbk.png

IC: AlexAlex ran for one of the buildings, one relatively intact. He sprinted up the stairs, trying to climb toward the upper levels. When he finally reached the top of the building, he was only about as high as the robot's waist. He growled in frustration. Time to see how far this thing can go. He launched his shield out, like a spear toward the monstrous titan's reactor.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Sparks flew from the robot's reactor."Power systems compromised. Reassessing priorities..."It turned and fired at the other Alex, then turned to the falling building....that collapsed inches from its feet.Julia was crouched behind a building. She took several deep breaths, uttering I can do this with each inhalation, then unsheathed her claws and dashed over to Deity."How close can you get me to its reactor?" she asked.

67tlbk.png

IC: Dallas (War Room)"Agh, ****."Dallas was now stuck with two choices: climb into the building, find cover, take his chances with the fall, or jump onto another surface to avoid being smashed by the rubble. The only surface was...the Sentinel."Agh, ************!" he yelled as he took a deep breath, speeding up and taking a giant leap: the Californian barely managed to grab onto the robot's elbow, and after hoisting himself up, he began to climb towards its head.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Blake: Tragedy)Tragedy was just about to start running towards the bot, but then ran the other way when he saw the building starting to fall. and then he started to run towards it once more. as he got close, he jumped, sinking his claws into the bot's skin, and started to climb, hoping to reach the reactor

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

IC: Alex"Oh, son of a-"Alex said, jumping off the side of the building. He grabbed a ledge below, and climbed in through a ruined window. Once more, he stabbed toward the reactor with his shield, this time ducking behind a wall to avoid it's gaze. Since the attack seemed seperate from him, the robot might not associate the attack with him. And even if it did, it might not see him.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Sparks flew from the robot's reactor once again, though not as much this time as the attack had come from farther away."Reactor nearing critical. Initiating coolant."The light of the device faded from yellow-orange to a soft blue.OOC: Sorry, but I have to be done for the night. I guess we'll continue this tomorrow.

67tlbk.png

IC: Dallas (Simulation)"Gah!"Dallas leapt into the air as the armor crackled and fizzled with life below him: his fall was slow, but the fact was, he still didn't have nearly enough time to get up there unless he continued to move. So that's what he did: time warped back into regular speed again, and the timeshifter began to move up the Sentinel's armor at super speed before jumping into the air in front of its face and landing in front of its eyes."GANGNAM STYLE!" he screamed before thrusting a piece of windowsill he'd been clutching into the robot's left eye.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Abbas would have facepalmed if they hadn't been in combat.Well. Misjudged that.He looked at Julia, then extended her arm, swinging her onto his back."Close enough."He ran towards the Sentinel, leaping onto the leg. He began to scale it in the same way as before, the metal folding in around his hands. He leaped from plate to plate of the armor to avoid electrocution as he moved up, but it wasn't the fastest trip ever."Why can't these things be shorter?" he said, over the noise of the battle.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: "Enforcer technology detected merging with Mutant DNA. Priorities reassessed.""Say what?" Bionix said with a raised eyebrow. Then the lasers got pointed at him..."Oh cr-!"He held his arm up to protect him, and it took the brunt of the attack, which still sent him flying. When he landed and got his bearings back he transformed his arm into its blaster setting and charged back into the fight."Hey! Hey look! Enforcer tech!" The Sentinel had already prioritised on him once before, if he could get it to do so again the others would have a better chance. For good measure he fired off a shot from his blaster. It was taken from Sentinel weaponry so he was hoping it would have more effect than a pea-shooter

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: The sentinel swiveled its massive dome, looking at each of the mutants in turn, ending with Bionix."Warning. Friendly fire detected. Eliminating rogue sentinel."Julia was poised to strike the reactor when a massive beam lanced from the Sentinel's chest plate. She managed to jump backwards and barely stopped herself from falling the whole 50 feet to the ground. Before the sentinel could energize its armor again, she propelled herself forward into the reactor with her claws poised to strike.

67tlbk.png

IC: AlexAlex's eyes widened, in shock. She hadn't been there just before the attack. And he hadn't been looking to call it off...Worse. The simulation was set to safety, his powers weren't.He used his shield to lower her to the ground, and sprinted out, sliding to a stop right next to her. "Oh god, oh god..,. How bad is it, can you even speak...." He stopped, getting a grip. Carefully, he rolled her over to check the wound.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Dallas (War Room)"Gaaaaaah!"Without anything to stand on, Dallas plummeted to the ground and hit the floor with a smack! and a groan. Pushing himself to his feet and wiping away his newly bloodied nose, he looked around."What happened? Why'd it stop?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME