JiMing

I'd like to see some actual specs, as developers have gone from saying it's six times as powerful as the 360 to saying its not even as powerful as the 360. And I'd like a price and release date.That said, I'm sure it'll have a really weak launch (only big titles I see are AC3, ME3, and possibly ZombiU, but everyone will have played AC3 and ME3 on 360, PS3, or PC already.). I'm slightly disappointed that it'll most likely launch without a big exclusive, like a new Mario, Zelda, or Metroid.

I'd like to see some actual specs, as developers have gone from saying it's six times as powerful as the 360 to saying its not even as powerful as the 360. And I'd like a price and release date.That said, I'm sure it'll have a really weak launch (only big titles I see are AC3, ME3, and possibly ZombiU, but everyone will have played AC3 and ME3 on 360, PS3, or PC already.). I'm slightly disappointed that it'll most likely launch without a big exclusive, like a new Mario, Zelda, or Metroid.
All those developers are probably biased in some way.And you do realize New Super Mario Bros. U is a launch title?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I'm not really looking forward to it. As of now the game library is limited. I'm saving up for a PS3 this christmas. I'm gonna wait on getting a WiiU. Perhaps after a price drop.Right now only two games for it interest me. New Super Mario Bros U and Pikmin 3.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

@III. Xaldin However, you do know that New Super Mario Bros. Wii was the 5th-best selling Wii title of all time, as well as the second best selling Mario game for Wii? I think that NSMB U will give the launch some oomph. And I don't think Nintendo will want to make the same mistake as the 3DS launch. But I would like to see something like Super Mario Galaxy.Anyways, I'm also pretty interested in Rayman Legends, I was a big fan of Rayman Origins last year.@Sybre Yes, the remote is like an iPad with buttons.You could search some stuff from E3, they showed some titles coming for it.@Takanuinuva But the title library WILL expand. I mean, you can't criticize the size of the library, it's not even out yet.

Edited by XIV. Xion

I'm not surprised NSMBWii is the fifth best-selling title, I'm pretty sure it's been a pack-in for a couple of years now. Anyways, I have no doubt it will be big, it's just not a game that would make me want to get a WiiU. And I feel that after E3, the WiiU will have a launch just as bad as the 3DS, but it'll sell great if the price is right because of the holiday sales.

I'm not totally sold on the Wii U yet. I'm sure I'll get it at some point, but frankly the launch lineup isn't convincing me to be an early adopter. The two titles I'm most excited about (Lego City: Undercover and Scribblenauts Unlimited) will be available for 3DS as well, and I already have one of those. Meanwhile, while games like Pikmin 3, Assassin's Creed 3, and Mass Effect 3 seem cool, I've never played any of those series and am not too eager to jump into a series like those partway through. And finally, since I'll be at college for the majority of the next few years, I think portable gaming is going to make up the majority of my interactive entertainment.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The screen controller is stupid for cooperative multiplayer. I saw those videos from E3. No one wants to sit there "helping" while everyone else is actually playing the game for real with regular controllers, having real fun. I like the idea that you can play the games through the controller without the use of a television, but other than that I don't see it being that great.Also, the fact that most of their launch titles will be ports of games that are over a year old means that this thing will barely have any reasons to be bought by the time it arrives. I know that some people only ever had a Wii, but even most of them have probably played the games somewhere else if they were interested.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I feel that they're advertising the WiiU as the system for hardcore gamers who only have a Wii, and we all know those don't exist. Most of the launch lineup can be played on other, cheaper consoles (PS3 and 360), and it's suffering from an even bigger lack of exclusives than the 3DS at launch (The biggest ones will be Nintendo Land, NSMBU, and ZombiU).Of course, this system will probably be worth it when Zelda, Metroid, Smash, and a 3D Mario come out in a few years, just definitely not at launch.

I feel that they're advertising the WiiU as the system for hardcore gamers who only have a Wii, and we all know those don't exist.
*COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH* They exist. Trust me on that one. =P *Looks at Wii only, but no PS360* Granted, I want a PS3, but I likely won't get that until sometime after the generation skip, knowing my track record. =P

The screen controller is stupid for cooperative multiplayer. I saw those videos from E3. No one wants to sit there "helping" while everyone else is actually playing the game for real with regular controllers, having real fun. I like the idea that you can play the games through the controller without the use of a television, but other than that I don't see it being that great.Also, the fact that most of their launch titles will be ports of games that are over a year old means that this thing will barely have any reasons to be bought by the time it arrives. I know that some people only ever had a Wii, but even most of them have probably played the games somewhere else if they were interested.
OK, I admit the "support" gameplay from NSMBU was pretty stupid, but have you looked at the videos of Rayman Legends? The assisting player with the Gamepad can play as Murfy, who has an amazing amount of control over the level environments. That sort of "asymmetric gameplay" actually looks fun to me.
I feel that they're advertising the WiiU as the system for hardcore gamers who only have a Wii, and we all know those don't exist.
*COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH* They exist. Trust me on that one. =P *Looks at Wii only, but no PS360* Granted, I want a PS3, but I likely won't get that until sometime after the generation skip, knowing my track record. =P
Due to the amount of stupid people in my school who wont stop talking about the PS3 and 360, any interest I would have had in them has vanished. Plus, I'm not a hardcore gamer, though frankly, the kids in my school aren't either, despite what they say.

I got a Wii at launch way back in 2006. I'm not going to make the same mistake again. There simply won't be any games that interest me. I'm not so sure how much success the console will see, either. I'd rather get a fully functioning tablet instead.

What is dead may never die.

I understand, Watashi, but honestly, at heart, the Wii U is still a gaming device. And really, I happen to like buttons on my gaming devices. xDBut yeah, the launch isn't the greatest... Though, hey, LEGO City Undercover looks kinda interesting. But it's something that should be wary about; given the 3DS' launch. ... Be especially wary if Capcom announces something for it, they might just cancel it before it has a chance. >_>

If Capcom was announcing anything for it, it would be Resident Evil 6 or DmC, which have both been confirmed to not be coming to the WiiU.And the worst part of the launch is that most of the big games are on other consoles already, although hopefully this will only be for launch. I'd hate to see the WiiU be subject to ports from every single good multiplatform game that's come out within the last year or two.

Edited by III. Xaldin

True, but there's always something Mega- AHAHAHA, sorry, couldn't keep a straight face while saying that. =P Despite my dashed hopes(... Yet another joke. I'm full of them now. =P), there is now a 0.00000001% chance of Capcom releasing anything Megaman related, on anything short of the iOS. >_< I wish to be proven wrong, but... Well... As the Protomen say, there are no heroes left in man, which is Capcom in this case.Though, it'd be good for me, considering I don't have half those games. Dunno how they'll handle ME3, though...

ME3 is designed to also have the story of ME1&2 in it, for new players. While that would interest me, I can pick up ME2&3 relatively cheap on PS3, although the WiiU version apparently includes the new ending DLC, so it might be cheaper...Anyways, this seems like a move by Nintendo to recapture the faith of hardcore gamers who never moved on to PS3 or 360, so a very small percentage of Wii owners (congratulations on being in the WiiU's target audience!). I'd probably like the lineup more if I didn't have a PS3, then I'd be like, "Cool, I can finally play Assassin's Creed and Arkham City," instead of "Oh, the entire WiiU launch lineup has been out forever on my PS3."

Well, there's my PC now, but that doesn't really help either, considering my graphics card still can't run half all those games. =PThe main thing, and the thing Nintendo pretty much has to risk again, is that the Wii was the cheapest of all the next gen consoles. PCs included, for the most part, unless you manage to get a high end computer for $200 or so. That was pretty much the only reason I was even able to hope for the Wii, and that worked out fine in the end. Plus, it helped that the Wii had some awesome exclusives. =P

Yeah, I got a used PC from a friend, and updating it to be really good has run into the near $300- dollar mark, just on a hard drive and graphics card, and the RAM is still too low to be useful...And the Wii does have some great exclusives. Most recently was The Last Story, which looks good enough to be a PS3 game (at least on an SDTV, I don't own an HDTV yet.), plus it's fantastic so far. Also it has the two Zelda games, Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade, and a few other gems, and at it's current price, it's a pretty good deal, plus the games are also cheaper than 360 or PS3 games.

OK, I admit the "support" gameplay from NSMBU was pretty stupid, but have you looked at the videos of Rayman Legends? The assisting player with the Gamepad can play as Murfy, who has an amazing amount of control over the level environments. That sort of "asymmetric gameplay" actually looks fun to me.
From what I saw in that video, all you get to do is poke obstacles to get them out of the way so everyone else in the room can continue actually playing. You'd probably have more fun playing Fruit Ninja on your iPhone while everyone else plays a different game, because even though you'd basically be doing the same thing still, you wouldn't have to watch your friends have more fun than you while you're doing it.
This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the standard one is $300USD and the premium is $350, I'll get the premium one.And now I'm sold on the WiiU with Bayonetta 2. The original was awesome (probably my favorite action game ever), and I'm a bit surprised at it being a WiiU exclusive. I didn't think the WiiU would have too many exclusives for me to bother with for a while, but now I'm rather excited.

Due to all the excitement surrounding Bayonetta 2, I'll go look up the first. xDRegardless, I feel like the launch titles (and then the ones in the window) may not number as many, but the ones that matter will keep me coming back for awhile. I mean, come on:1. Rayman Legends2. Assassin's Creed III3. Darksiders II4. New Super Mario Bros. U5. Pikmin 36. Scribblenauts Unlimited7. Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Two8. Mass Effect 39. ZombiU10. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...just to name ten of the launch window games I'm looking forward to. -ibrow

Wow, that price is rather nice; I was honestly not expecting it to be quite so cheap; and the fact that the premium one has 32 GB for internal storage, and is black, and is only 50 dollars more, pretty much sells me on it.I think that it'll work rather well, and is a week after my birthday, to boot! =D

Yeah, I was a bit worried about the price earlier, expecting at least $400, and the Japanese prices had me worried for a bit, too, but the $350 Pro model is pretty good, it's actually a better deal as it includes Nintendo Land for a $10 Discount when compared to buying the Standard Edition and Nintendo Land for $360, plus you don't get the Nintendo discount thing with the standard model.Anyways, I'll most likely get it next June as a graduation gift, and if I don't, I'll probably have the money to get one. Don't really want to get one soon, though, as there aren't really any launch window games I'd really want soon that I can't get on my PS3. Although I know I'll definitely have my hands on one by the time Bayonetta 2 hits, that's for sure. And, I'm also glad it'll be able to use an external hard drive, then I'll be able to boost its memory to 5-10 TB.

(list)
Of course, four of those games are also available on other systems - two of them already released and another that will be released before the Wii U's launch. I'm sure all ten of those games are great, but there isn't anything that jumps out as a must-have title, for me at least. Personally, I'll be waiting until there's a major release like a 3D Mario or Zelda before I get the system.I was pleasantly surprised by the price. I'll probably be getting the "deluxe" or whatever it's called - it's quite a good value for the price (plus black is cool). Disappointed that the games are $60 rather than $50, but oh well.

Q2TtLEz.png

$60 for games isn't too much, considering that's what nearly all non-Wii games have gone for since the beginning of this gen. Also, the initial price for the standard WiiU game was originally $100 a while ago, and there are very few games I'd pay that much for that aren't Limited/Special/Collector's Editions.

Edited by III. Xaldin

Also, the initial price for the standard WiiU game was originally $100 a while ago
Preeeeeeeeeeeetty sure that was a placeholder. I don't think even Nintendo is that insane :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

(list)
Of course, four of those games are also available on other systems - two of them already released and another that will be released before the Wii U's launch. I'm sure all ten of those games are great, but there isn't anything that jumps out as a must-have title, for me at least. Personally, I'll be waiting until there's a major release like a 3D Mario or Zelda before I get the system.I was pleasantly surprised by the price. I'll probably be getting the "deluxe" or whatever it's called - it's quite a good value for the price (plus black is cool). Disappointed that the games are $60 rather than $50, but oh well.
I forgot, any game on a Nintendo that isn't an exclusive isn't worth it. sarcastic.gif You might want to take into account the fact that they're adding in extra content to Mass Effect 3 & Batman: Arkham City (which wasn't on my list), while Sonic has always been multi-platform and Assassin's Creed is getting Wii U exclusive stuff too. Darksiders in the only one I'm not sure about.There's also the fact that many people seem to be very excited for Lego City Stories of all things, and that is gauranteed to be multi-platform.And then there's the fact that Rayman Legends, the sequel to Rayman Origins (which was put on literally every single platform last year and this year) is thus far only a Wii U exclusive. That says something.I'm also failing to understand why all of you (eeeeveryoooooone) is completely ignoring Rayman Legends. -ibrow

Joke consoleNintendo's slipping
Don't wink at me I'm not interestedIt's only selling to fanboys, fanboys who finally get to do that the PS3 and 360 have been doing for years.
If you don't have any interest in this, then why waste your time spamming this topic?

He's right though. The next XBox and PS will come out an be even more powerful. Sure, the cheap price of the Wii ended up being a smart move, but this generation will only show that their choice to not improve their graphic capabilities this gen will hold them back.And before anyone says anything, which I know someone will, yes graphics and processing power are important to the experience. Between the 360 and the PS3, the PS3 especially, there have been several games that are absolutely beautiful, and are much more immersive because of it. Good games don't need new waggle or distracting tablet technology to be good, they need to suck you in with story and visuals. This is coming from someone who has a Wii but barely touches it.

This topic so far

Vs.

Another important thing will be Cross-Platform games once PS4/Xbox720 come out. There isn't a huge gap in the specs between the WiiU, PS3, and 360, allowing for multiplatform games easily be on all three systems, but once the next consoles come out, they'll probably be a good bit more powerful than the WiiU, leaving it in the dust and creating the same gap problem that was between the Wii and PS3/360, and we'll never see a good multiplatform game on the WiiU again.Of course, I'm hopeful about third-party support and exclusives, because everything is looking good right now, and it does have some good third-party support, even though most of the games will be on other systems. Of course, this'll be worth it, once Zelda, 3D Mario, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, etc. come out. Because exclusives are pretty much the only thing that counts on a Nintendo console.