JiMing

He's right though. The next XBox and PS will come out an be even more powerful. Sure, the cheap price of the Wii ended up being a smart move, but this generation will only show that their choice to not improve their graphic capabilities this gen will hold them back.And before anyone says anything, which I know someone will, yes graphics and processing power are important to the experience. Between the 360 and the PS3, the PS3 especially, there have been several games that are absolutely beautiful, and are much more immersive because of it. Good games don't need new waggle or distracting tablet technology to be good, they need to suck you in with story and visuals. This is coming from someone who has a Wii but barely touches it.
So what? Almost all the games on Xbox and PS are all about mindless gore, so what if non-sadistic people like me want to play something else? Xbox and PS are not my cup of tea, and I never said Nintendo had to be yours. As for the graphics comment, yes, beautiful graphics always enhance the experience much further. But the main focus of developers should always be the gameplay, no use having good graphics if the gameplay doesn't work.And you two think we're fanboys...

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Xbox and PS are all about mindless gore
Because Ratchet and Clank, InFamous, Uncharted, Halo, Little Big Planet and Sly Cooper are super gory.
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

There's two that I can think of off the top of my head.God of War and Dante's Inferno, and those have good enough story to qualify as not mindless.Gore doesn't automatically make a game mindless and terrible.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Devil May Cry and Bayonetta are also rather gory, although those also are so combo-focused that "mindless" can't really be used to describe them, and some of the things you have to pull off in those games are insane.And I don't think I need to remind anyone that Bayonetta 2 will be WiiU exclusive.However, I'm pretty sure you are talking about just highly-violent games in general, and those are indeed a large portion of PS3/360 games, but tons of blood/gore isn't too common in games.ANYWAYS...So, I've created a "most anticipated" WiiU games list, basically what I'll be really excited for:Zelda HDThe eventual and inevitable 3D Mario game.Mario Kart WiiUSmash Bros. 4, with real, working netcodeMonster Hunter 3 UltimateBayonetta 2Pikmin 3

The joke console that is slipping is pretty much sold out of preorders everywhere. ;) Oh well, haters gonna hate.
Wait, what? D= Dang it, there goes my plans to get one any time in the next year, then...

Xbox and PS are all about mindless gore
Because Ratchet and Clank, InFamous, Uncharted, Halo, Little Big Planet and Sly Cooper are super gory.
I said "almost", as in, the great majority.
The great majority? Very few games for those consoles fit your description of "About mindless gore". Edited by SmoothJazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Well, if preorders are already sold out, and that's just two or three days, then I dread to think what it'll be like come November 18th. =P And either way, my only real way would likely be to get it as a late birthday/early Christmas gift, which wouldn't work if it's sold out everywhere for even three months... I wouldn't likely be able to get it for like two-four years after, though, given my recent pattern... =/ Ah well... Just another way to not be able to play recently released games; I should be used to this by now, thanks to my PC and mass amounts of fail luck with things.

My opinion: the black ones are sold out because nobody in their right mind would buy a white one.Anyways, I'm also annoyed that the WiiU doesn't include a Component cable, as I'll have to drop an extra $20 on that... I still use a 5 year old CRT TV, haven't been able to get an HDTV yet... That's on my list for when I get a job...

• 2 weeks later...
The joke console that is slipping is pretty much sold out of preorders everywhere. ;) Oh well, haters gonna hate.
Wait, what? D= Dang it, there goes my plans to get one any time in the next year, then...
Pretty much every console sells out when it's first revealed. The 360 was pretty hard to get for months.I personally hope they release a console Golden Sun, a new Star Fox, a Fusion-Era Metroid, and obviously the much anticipated Super Smash Brothers IV.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

The WiiU uses the Wii's component cable, but it only includes an HDMI cable. Which is annoying, as my 480i CRT TV has an RGB input.However, I might just have an HDTV by the time I get a WiiU, as I'm planning on getting one soon. I'd prefer not to have to drop extra money on a system so I can play it.

The WiiU uses the Wii's component cable, but it only includes an HDMI cable. Which is annoying, as my 480i CRT TV has an RGB input.However, I might just have an HDTV by the time I get a WiiU, as I'm planning on getting one soon. I'd prefer not to have to drop extra money on a system so I can play it.
... But, then, if you have the Wii, which you do, couldn't you just use it's component or composite cable? That's what I'm going to do, until I can get a modern TV. =PRausaro: Yeah, I know... it's still disappointing, though. =/ I'm never able to get anything within the first year or three, unless it's a handheld gaming system. And that was only for the 3DS, and was honestly a miracle to me. =P

Yeah, I would... Problem is, the Wii would be in a different room. The Wii is the family room console- used mostly for Netflix, Wii Fit, and the occasional Wii game, while the WiiU will be my personal console in my room, which has a better TV anyways. Anyways, I guess I'm the odd one out, like someone who gets a European 3DS XL without having owned a DSi or 3DS before. =PIf only the WiiU could use the cables from the N64 era, I'd be set...

Wii fans don't have high end TVs? omg correlation
Actually, it's more a matter of 'the only game system that had stuff I really wanted was the Wii, which just so happened to also support the old TV that I have, and cannot get, due to lack of funds otherwise'.Maybe the majority of people do indeed have HD TVs; I don't. My sister does; I don't.

Personally I think it's just another pointless novelty gift. They know this gimmick worked once, so they just cleaned off some of the dust, made it HD and bam, new gimmick for them to make money off of.I don't plan of buying one. Already got a Wii that I never use, why bother buying another expensive paperweight.
Same here. About all I use it for is SSBB and a few GC games. At the very least the new console doesn't use Wiimotes. I got tired of detection issues and battery drain, and I had to hunt down a GC controller just to play. Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Personally I think it's just another pointless novelty gift. They know this gimmick worked once, so they just cleaned off some of the dust, made it HD and bam, new gimmick for them to make money off of.I don't plan of buying one. Already got a Wii that I never use, why bother buying another expensive paperweight.
Same here. About all I use it for is SSBB and a few GC games. At the very least the new console doesn't use Wiimotes. I got tired of detection issues and battery drain, and I had to hunt down a GC controller just to play.
I agree with both of you, however, I believe Wiimotes are required for multiplayer. Edited by SmoothJazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I believe Wiimotes are required for multiplayer.
I believe it would be possible for multiplayer to utilize multiple Pro controllers rather than Wiimotes. 'Course, you can pretty much bet on your life that Nintendo itself would never take that path, but with any luck third parties will.In any event, yes - Wiimotes are still a thing. Sorry to disappoint.

Q2TtLEz.png

I love what I've seen of the Wii U, but I'm not planning on being an early adopter. Many of the games that pique my interest are either also available on the 3DS (Lego City: Undercover, Scribblenauts Unlimited) or are sequels to games I haven't played (Pikmin 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3... a lot of 3's). I figure waiting will allow time for stores to resupply after launch, and as a bonus there'll be more games by then.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don't know, some third party games might actually be rather good on WiiU, plus there are some good third-party exclusives. But, of course, the big thing will always be the first-party games, but the WiiU will also have support besides their usual first-party games- which seriously range in quality from total junk to gems.

It's just gonna be like the Wii dude, nothing is gonna be relevant outside of first party games.But Lego City looks so adorable I might get a 3DS just for it
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. That's pretty much a system seller over in japan, and for a good reason; it's a good RPG-like game.

Well, Bayonetta 2 may be the only big "exclusive" right now, but there are some others that have been super-enhanced for the WiiU- so much that they are almost exclusives, including:Mass Effect 3 (Includes most, if not all DLC, plus the stories of ME 1&2)Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Team Ninja basically rebuilt the game from the ground up. And initial impressions are much better than the earlier release of NG3)Arkham City: Armored Edition (All I know about this one is that it's been greatly enhanced from the original)Plus there's a very good amount of non-exclusive third party support, which was a huge problem with the Wii. If a multiplatform game was on the Wii, chances are, that was the worst version. Now, it'll be good until (at least) 2015, which is when Sony plans to support the PS3 until, so there will be about 3 years of- at the very least- a solid, multiplatform library.