JiMing

nothing is gonna be relevant outside of first party games.
Uh-Bayonetta 2(exclusive, PUBLISHED BY NINTENDO at that)-Mass Efect 3(w/DLC)-Blops 2 (probably best version of game, at that)-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(possibly manliest series ever made)-Little Inferno(from the makers of World of Goo and Henry Hatsworth)-Cloudberry Kingdom(possibly hardest game ever made judging from footage thus far)-Assassin's Creed 3(probably best version)-Darksiders 2(apparently quite a good game)-Arkham City(also apparently quite a good game)-Ninja Gaiden 3(got meh reviews, but apparently improved and they actually increased the blood in the game)And these are all launch DAY. Not relevant, huh? Edited by Ddude the Insane

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

You are absolutely correct. Nobody's going to buy the WiiU to play games that are already out or will be out at the same time on other systems. They'll buy it for the exclusives.But, the highly-enhanced rereleases and multiplatform games will keep it alive, unlike the Wii.

Kanye: Monster Hunter almost singlehandedly kept the PSP alive in Japan for this long. =P Monster Hunter can pretty much be described as Japan's Call of Duty... Except it's not re-released every single year and has a pretty detailed single player mode. =PAlso, what about the new control schemes? I'd say for some games(Especially Arkham City) that tablet controller will make things much easier to control. Why do I say that? Simple; the 3DS. It's proven that gyroscope controls utterly destroy single analog sticks(Or even dual analog set ups at times), since you can simply react faster. And given that you still have your fingers on the controls, unless it requires touch input, you can react if things start to go wrong.

Oh come on nothing on that list except maybe Monster Hunter and Bayonetta is worth buying a console over a PS3 for
Okay, how about the fact that the WiiU has been confirmed by Nintendo to have quadruple the RAM of the PS3? Edited by Ddude the Insane

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

You remember when the PS3 dropped and everybody was like 'it has no games'? Yeah well Sony fixed that later on but the fact that it had a lot of power didn't change anything. It was more expensive, sure, but it also had a better lineup of opening games, and it still wasn't taken very seriously until around Uncharted 2 dropped.

Edited by Kanye West

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

-Assassin's Creed 3(probably best version)
What does that even mean? It's the same game as every other console, except it might have clunky touch screen controls and the online gameplay won't match the 360's online setup.
-Ninja Gaiden 3(got meh reviews, but apparently improved and they actually increased the blood in the game)
....what? It got truly awful reviews from everyone, and how is increasing the blood an improvement?Listing games like ME3 and Arkham City as pros for the Wii U is a bit silly - these are year old games. Sure, it gives the Wii U more of a secure footing than the Wii had, but it shouldn't be of great note. The Wii should've had these multiplatform games all along. The changes made to them, like reskinning Batman and adding touch screen controls, don't compensate for the game already being a year old.
AC3: Apparently the touch controls are quite helpful. Bearing in mind this is from the people who are trying to sell the game but still. :P Also, how exactly can we make a judgement about the online capacities of a game that hasn't been released yet on a system that hasn't been released? :PNG3: Apparently (there's that word again) Nintendo helped them finetune some of the issues with the game. I've heard NG3 was a truly awful game, so I'm not sure how far the "improvements" will go, but you never know. More blood wasn't an improvement, I just feel like it's a sign Nintendo's moving away from the whole SMALL CHILDREN ARE SAFE HERE image. Reinforcing that belief is the thing known as Bayonetta 2 =PI do agree Wii has been behind other consoles (especially atrocious considering it was the last system of this generation to release), but it's been said around the board that WiiU fixes most of the problems Wii's online had. Indie devs in particular have been happy. The indie launch list for WiiU is actually surprisingly good. Admittedly I'm not the best person to be unbiased in this situation, seeing as I only own a Wii(and a PC, which is generally where I get my "hardcore"(good heavens I hate that word) fix these days), but I do legitimately think WiiU is going to be a good console. The quadruple(not double, SILLY TILIUS :P) RAM thing was simply a response to Kanye's claim that nothing seperates PS3 from WiiU; I realize it's not the defining trait of the system. Ultimately time will tell if developers stick with the system, but I'm optimistic here. Also, where did I say they were "highly improved?" I was simply saying that, even if they're late, WiiU is getting some pretty significant third-party games. I have no idea how much they'll be improved, and I suspect it'll be a case-by-case situation here, but all the devs seem pretty happy(AGAIN, people selling the games, but still).

Really, what draws me to the Wii U is that it's the best Nintendo console yet. What this means is that it will be able to play all my Wii games, that it can use many of my Wii accessories, and that, in time, it'll serve to expand the range and depth of Nintendo's own first-party offerings. I've been a Nintendo gamer all my life, and don't feel like investing in a non-Nintendo console when it means I'll have to accrue all the controllers, games, and accessories associated with that. Does that make me a fanboy? Probably. But I just don't find owning all three consoles to be the wisest investment. So to me, the prospect of Nintendo's next console having the cross-platform experiences I've been missing in addition to the high-quality first- and second-party experiences I've come to expect from Nintendo is nothing but a good thing.As I've said before, I have little intention of being an early adopter of the Wii U. The launch offerings, at least the ones that appeal to me personally, are somewhat sparse, and I still have a massive backlog of games I need to play on my Wii (since it's at home, and I'm at college). But I have no doubt that I'll be picking up the Wii U at some point, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it when that time comes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Really, what draws me to the Wii U is that it's the best Nintendo console yet. What this means is that it will be able to play all my Wii games, that it can use many of my Wii accessories, and that, in time, it'll serve to expand the range and depth of Nintendo's own first-party offerings. I've been a Nintendo gamer all my life, and don't feel like investing in a non-Nintendo console when it means I'll have to accrue all the controllers, games, and accessories associated with that. Does that make me a fanboy? Probably. But I just don't find owning all three consoles to be the wisest investment. So to me, the prospect of Nintendo's next console having the cross-platform experiences I've been missing in addition to the high-quality first- and second-party experiences I've come to expect from Nintendo is nothing but a good thing.As I've said before, I have little intention of being an early adopter of the Wii U. The launch offerings, at least the ones that appeal to me personally, are somewhat sparse, and I still have a massive backlog of games I need to play on my Wii (since it's at home, and I'm at college). But I have no doubt that I'll be picking up the Wii U at some point, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it when that time comes.
It being Nintendo's best console only really attracts Nintendo fans, and let's be honest, they were mostly sold anyways.

But I just don't find owning all three consoles to be the wisest investment.
Probly would've been a wiser investment to buy a 360 or PS3, because they essentially give you two console's worth of games what with all the multiplatform games. Plus those games are mostly better than Nintendo's offerings beyond Mario Galaxy. So y'know. Also they can play DVDs, and the PS3 can play Blu Rays, too. So yeah. The Wii is probably the worst choice of the three if you're only gonna get one....but anyway.I know that the whole Wii U getting third party stuff is presented as a big thing, but I think there's still a chance that it won't get ALL the multiplatform games that the 360 and PS3 do.- Tilius
What about The Legend of Zelda? Or Super Paper Mario? Or Super Smash Bros.? Nintendo just has a wider variety of exclusive games which appeal to my sensibilities as a gamer. There are great games for the other two systems, I know. But many of the exclusives are FPS or action games which, from my experience, I probably wouldn't be very good at. And many of the multiplatform games that Nintendo's missed out on so far are also available for PC anyway, so if I were to get them I could do them that way. The few games which aren't eliminated by these factors are ones I can only hope will find their way to the Wii U, although I understand the chances of some of these being ported are slim (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is but one example).Many of the features of the 360 and PS3 would go unused by me. For one, the lower graphics of the Wii have never been an issue for me since my family still has yet to get an HDTV of any sort. That's actually one reason I'm holding off on purchasing the Wii U, actually. Having been at college away from all my home consoles for the better part of three years now, I haven't had much time for gaming anyway, so having three consoles worth of games would be a waste considering I haven't even been able to finish all the games for my Wii.And when I eventually upgrade, the Wii U has a number of things going for it. For one, it is currently the strongest system out there in terms of power, even if some reports have it only incrementally better than the PS3 or 360. Yes, the next Playstation and Xbox will probably blow it out of the water, but chances are those are still a couple of years away. And price-wise, they'll probably make the Wii U seem downright cheap. Secondly, it can utilize almost all of the games and accessories of the Wii. This is a big consideration, since it means I can probably get rid of my Wii without fear of losing the game collection I've amassed for it. Thirdly, the living-room integration the Wii U boasts will likely be a huge asset, especially with me being away at school much of the time, since it means that my parents will likely be able to make use of it even when I'm not there.
It being Nintendo's best console only really attracts Nintendo fans, and let's be honest, they were mostly sold anyways.
And Nintendo happens to have a lot of fans. Just because the console doesn't appeal to you personally doesn't mean there's no reason other people shouldn't be attracted to it. Even if I could afford all three consoles, the Xbox and PS3 would probably get so little use that owning them would hardly be worth it.I'm not saying that the Wii U will be the best system out there, or that there's something wrong with owning the other consoles. I'm just saying that it fits my personal needs better than the others. Nintendo's success with the Wii was largely due to situations very much like mine: it appealed to demographics poorly served by its more powerful competitors. If the Wii U can do the same thing, while also allowing this audience to have a taste of what they've been missing from the other two console giants, then it's shaping up to enjoy even greater success.

What about The Legend of Zelda? Or Super Paper Mario? Or Super Smash Bros.?
The Wii's Zelda games don't hold up as some of the best games of all time like the Mario Galaxy games do. I know many proclaimed Skyward Sword as the best thing since sliced bread, so I might give you that one even though I wasn't a big fan. And Super Paper Mario is a no, and Smash Bros is a maybe, though Melee was better.- Tilius
How did you like Galaxy that much? I thought it was fun, but it was way too linear and easy, and not as good as 64 (or Sunshine in my opinion, but I know almost no one agrees with that.) I admit that TP and SS were not as good as the previous big Zelda games, but they were still great. Melee was a bit better than Brawl, but Brawl was still pretty good.I feel that the Wii U will be a great console. People like me who stupidly chose to get a Wii instead of another console last year missed out on stuff like Assassin's Creed, so the Wii U holds high appeal for me. If the Wii U gets all the multiplatform games as well as the many exclusive Nintendo games (though we've not seen Zelda and Metroid, I'm sure they're coming, and I hope they make a great Mario game again), then the WIi U may be the best console ever.I think you mentioned online before, and how it's not as good as Xbox Live? Well, it's free, and it's way better than the Wii's. I don't see how Xbox Live can possibly justify a price when Sony and Nintendo both offer free alternatives (and both their consoles have better exclusives, all the Xbox really has is Halo.)

And Nintendo happens to have a lot of fans. Just because the console doesn't appeal to you personally doesn't mean there's no reason other people shouldn't be attracted to it. Even if I could afford all three consoles, the Xbox and PS3 would probably get so little use that owning them would hardly be worth it.
Yeah that's why it sold a lot, you're reading way into what I'm saying.

Analogue sticks are far more accurate and quicker to use.
Yeah, no. I'm sorry, but Dual Analog controls, to me, rank at the very bottom, maybe just before single analog controls. They're good for third person active camera games, but almost every other control scheme can beat them. It's pretty much unanimous that Mouse+Keyboard controls are better than Dual Analog, since there's more accuracy. Well, you can turn the camera a lot faster and accurately with gyroscope controls, than with analog sticks. The only problem with them for the Wii U, is that one camera is stationary, permanently. It's not like the 3DS, where both can be moved.
Stuff like no DLC,
... Uh, where are you getting that from? The Wii had DLC... Just look at all the Rock Band games, the two Megaman games, the Phoenix Wright games, and whatever other games that had DLC were out there. The phrase you're looking for, is 'no DLC for Nintendo-made games'. Which it only remedied this year, with Fire Emblem and NSMB2. On the 3DS.
only a handful of decent WiiWare games etc.
I'm assuming you meant exclusives, before I go start to list off stuff that can also be found on either other consoles or Steam? =P
so if this is developed further for the Wii U's launch then it's looking quite good.
DLC was already on the Wii, as said above, however, they are indeed working on helping out the downloadable part, with the promotion for getting the 'Pro' version, since it gives you redeemable points for buying games online, instead of through a retail store.
Backwards compatability is a very good thing, though I hear it can't play Gamecube games even though the Wii can. Which sucks.
If you have an old Wii, like me, you can certainly play Gamecube games! However, the Wii U has the same BC of the new Wii systems, in terms of the Gamecube: None. No GC controller slots(=/ I liked the Gamecube Controller...), no memory card slots, no compatibility for the discs. I'm disappointed myself. =/ Just gives me more reason not to get rid of my old Wii, though, whenever I can get the Wii U: So I can finally complete Wind Waker, despite having had it since last summer. >_<Also, I liked Skyward Sword. =( Maybe not as open-ended as some of the other games, I'll admit that, but it was a trade-off in a way, given the plot-heavy nature of it. =/ You couldn't really do dungeons out of order in that game, compared to, say, the original game or... Actually, wait, when was the last time you could do dungeons out of order? 0_o The only ones I can even think of possibly matching that, without glitches, is maybe LttP, and sketchily OoT, though you needed items from at least one of the dungeons from the right order in both potentially sequence breaking parts of OoT(The kid dungeons and the first three adult dungeons).

Regarding the Wii's supposed lack of good games, it is true that from a third party perspective, the console did suffer. But the Wii was probably the best Nintendo console for first party games in quite a while. Off the top of my head: Donkey Kong Country Returns, two Kirby sidescroolers, Metroid Prime 3 and Metroid Prime Trilogy (and even Other M, if you're the kind that likes that kind of game), Punch-Out, Excite Truck and Excite Bots, Batallion Wars 2, New Super Mario Brothers Wii, and most recently, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. And that's without mentioning some of the great third-party titles that have slipped into obscurity (often because of low sales): No More Heroes 1 and 2, Boom Blox, Madworld, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri, De Blob, the Trauma Center series, Golden Eye 007, Little King's Story, etc. You may not like all these games, and not all of them deserve exceedingly high scores, but to say that the Nintendo Wii had almost nothing to play is positively ridiculous.Now, with the Wii U, this doesn't seem to be the case right now, at least with first party games. All we have so far is New Super Mario Brothers U, Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, and Game and Wario. But there are also a surprising amount of second and third party exclusives that look excellent, IMO: The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Scribblenauts Ulimited, and even Lego City Stories. Add that to the new Monster Hunter game, and Retro Studios and EAD's secret projects, and it's clear to me that the Wii U is not nearly as devoid of games as people say it is.

It's my personal opinion that ownership of non-HD TVs should be criminalised. :) Movies, games, TV shows are meant to be viewed in the best possible way, and it's almost insulting that people would go to the effort of making their art look good, only to have people watch it on a shoddy TV. But this is off-topic.
No, what is really insulting is that you're saying this without even considering whether people may even be able to afford an HDTV. Not everyone is made of money - and for that matter, not everyone feels that HD is necessary for full enjoyment of entertainment. I've played video games on outdated TV's for years, and never have I ever felt that I was missing out on something because the polygons were slightly jagged. Games like Metroid Prime and Super Mario Galaxy look good because of their art style, not because of definition, and there are many HD games that look far worse becuase of severe aesthetic defficiencies.
Yeah, no. I'm sorry, but Dual Analog controls, to me, rank at the very bottom, maybe just before single analog controls. They're good for third person active camera games, but almost every other control scheme can beat them. It's pretty much unanimous that Mouse+Keyboard controls are better than Dual Analog, since there's more accuracy. Well, you can turn the camera a lot faster and accurately with gyroscope controls, than with analog sticks. The only problem with them for the Wii U, is that one camera is stationary, permanently. It's not like the 3DS, where both can be moved.
Couldn't agree more regarding Dual analogs. I have never been able to really enjoy shooters on the PS3 or Xbox because of that type of control. Metroid Prime 3 was the first first-person console game I liked precisely because the Wii remote pointer controls actually felt natural. Heck, though it was otherwise average, I even enjoyed the Conduit because the controls were so great. And I expect that the Wii U controller will feel natural as well. Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Say whaaa? What like? Are you talking HD remakes, because it's a given, as they're remakes of games that weren't devised for HD TVs. I know Resident Evil 4 apparently loses something being that sharp - the original blur was acknowledged and they adapted the visuals around it, to make it look as good as it could without being in HD. Throwing the same design into HD means that the changes they made to accomodate non-HD graphics don't really work that well anymore.
What I mean is that many games released for HD systems like the X-Box 360 and PS3 still don't look nearly as good as some of the prettiest games on the Wii, for the simple reason that their artistic design is seriously lacking. For example, "Hardcore" shooters like Gears of War, Resistence, and Call of Duty, may have high polygon counts and smooth rendering, but they are (IMO) hopelessly bogged down in drab colors and unappealing enviroments. They certainly don't hold a candle to Retro Studios' amazingly envisioned worlds in the Metroid Prime series. Yes, great games can look even better in High Definition, but the difference the HD and non-HD isn't so large that it matters to me as much as you say it matters, providing that the art style is already fantastic.
Okay, well...I think the majority of people prefer dual analogues. Over motion controls at least - I think mouse and keyboard is preffered, then dual analogues, then motion pointy controls type stuff.
Personall, I think the only reason this is true is because so many of the popular multiplayer shooters this generation have been on systems that only support dual-analogue. That, actually, is probably is one of the biggest reasons why Wii U could be a game changer. Now that Nintendo has some of the big shooters like Call of Duty and Aliens: Colonial Marines coming to its new console, with graphics identical to the versions on competing systems, all could take is the realization that the Wii U versions control better and more accurately for otherwise uninterested "hardcore" gamers to invest. Now, I realize many gamers will still stick with Playstation and X-Box, especially if they are the type whose playstyle revolves around camping, auto-sniping, etc. ("techniques" that have long dominated dual-analog multiplayer, especially when compared to mouse and keyboard multiplayer). But if done right, the Wii U versions could carve a big enough chink in the other consoles' fanbase that even more hardcore-popular companies will start releasing their games on Nintendo's console. Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

It seems here that the two groups arguing are:a) people who either aren't into Nintendo (though don't hate it) or don't have much experience with themb ) (because apparently without a space it makes a cool.png ) and people who only have owned Nintendo consolesSo as someone who owns a Wii and 360, and likes Nintendo as well as the others, I would like to throw in my two cents.Now, regarding the original Wii, I think that it was a bad console. It was. But it had some good games. In fact, my favorite game of all time (it's on GameCube and Wii) is The Legend of Zelda; Twilight Princess. Other first-party games kept the Wii as a good system to own, despite the fact that it would gather dust between major first-party releases.As far as the year-late ports coming to the Wii U, for those who use them to prove that it will have better third party support, good for you. For those of you who use it to show that it is keeping up with the other consoles, your argument is invalidated because they are late. But for those of you who give the Wii U crud just for having them, no. Just no. It's better that they have them late than not at all. I'm sure if you hadn't owned a 360/PS3/gaming PC you would rather get Arkham City a year late than never, or Mass Effect 3 without the trilogy than not at all. If you don't think the Wii U ports are interesting, don't bring them up. For people who missed those games the first time around, they're great chances to catch up.I think the Wii U has a place, and more mainstream of a place than the Wii. It can satisfy gamers who only buy Nintendo systems but want more third-party titles (or better versions of them, as opposed to the Wii ports). And the online structure looks pretty solid, and indie devs have called it more indie-friendly than 360 or PS3, so it truly is ahead of them in that respect. Yes, the Miiverse isn't the best idea (though be honest, if you have a Wii U you'll end up using it) as long as things like DLC and online play are there (which they are) than Nintendo can add some stuff no one will really like (but trust me, some people will like the Miiverse, and I think it's sort of useful).I've always thought that for first-party games, Nintendo is the best. And that's good, or the Wii would've failed shortly. Microsoft has great games like Halo and Fable, and Sony has instant classics like Uncharted and Little Big Planet, but games like The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Mario have such strong track records (take your seat and shut up Other M). Nintendo's exclusives revolutionized gaming, and even with bad hardware (the Wii) they can still manage to shine (New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Twilight Princess). If the Wii U has a truly eight-gen online structure, and all the third-party games the 360 and PS3 do (along with the next Xbox and PS4) along with the best exclusives, than it could truly be the best console (just so you know, I would still get a next-gen Xbox for the exclusives, but not that much memory).In closing, I would like to say that the fact that the sequel to Bayonetta (a 360, PS3 game) is a Wii U exclusive, shows how on board devs are. And if the developers, whether they be from Ubisoft, Activision, EA, or indie studios, are on board, the console can not and will not ultimately fail, unless Nintendo makes the biggest screw up they ever have (and even then, I would drop a good deal of money to play Nintendo exclusives, if it comes to them only).But I do think the Wii U will be a good console, and the skeptics should wait until reviews for games start rolling in (I am too, I learned my lesson about buying systems at launch).

Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Well, you're being overly selective if you're just comparing it to stuff like Gears of War. Borderlands is a shooter that doesn't have drab colours, and Skyrim is also pretty. HD makes excellent designs look even more excellent - there's no point comparing games with poor artistic design to those with good artistic design, because as you say, HD is quite irrelevant in those cases. But HD IS relevant when comparing good design with good design, e.g Metroid Prime and Skyrim.
It isn't really relevant to me. As I said, for as long as I've played video games, I've played them on non-HD video games on non-HD TV's, and thus screen resolution and polygon smoothness matter very little to me. And I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Are camping and auto-sniping anything to do with a game being dual analogue though?
Yes. There is a reason FPS's that appear on the PS3 or X-Box 360 and also on the PC almost always have unconnected multiplayer modes: in cases where companies have allowed the two userbases to play matches together on their respective platforms, PC users generally dominate, for the simple reason that accurate aiming is much easier with a mouse and keyboard. It is also much harder to move rapidly and shoot with dual analogs, which is why camping is much more prevalent on consoles than on PC. The only exception thus far appears to be the Wii: I've read, for instance, that the Wii exclusive versions of Call of Duty, while having much smaller player bases than those on Xbox and Playstation, generally also featured matches with far less camping and far more fast-paced moving and shooting. The Wii U will likely be similar in this regard, and possibly better, providing that what I mentioned in my previous post becomes true.

I have a strong dislike towards the Wii U. 99% because that Lego City game, the first original (non-Bionicle/Technic) major LEGO game since Island Xtreme Stunts in 2002, is only on the Wii U and not on any other console, even though TT has many times said they try to publish their things on every console.Yes, I'm incredibly biased and this is a stupid reason. But until LCU comes out on something else I'm sticking to it.

And Super Paper Mario is a no
:( Edited by Lair of Rockwhales

GREEN RED BRICK, YOU STAY!!!

...are you ready to le

That's no reason to dislike, and a reason to buy it. That shows the strong third-party ties Nintendo is forming. And btw it is also on the 3DS, though the only good handheld games are games designed for handhelds (which luckily the 3DS has lots of).

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

The Lego City game won't come out on other systems, as Nintendo has some involvement in the development.And I'd throw my opinion out there on a few things, but typing is a pain on an iPod keyboard, maybe in a little while...Anyways, (Since this is the WiiU topic and it would seem appropriate to talk about the Wii here) anyone else played The Last Story? Just hit the final chapter earlier, need to do a bit of leveling... It's a fantastic game (Best on the Wii and one of the best RPGs ever, IMO), I've really been enjoying it, but unfortunately, I missed the side chapter that lets you unlock the ability to uncurse weapons... Anyways, once I finish it, I'll probably do some online, which is pretty solid, from the few matches I've done (waiting till I finish so I'll have some good weapons and armor).

I have a strong dislike towards the Wii U. 99% because that Lego City game, the first original (non-Bionicle/Technic) major LEGO game since Island Xtreme Stunts in 2002, is only on the Wii U and not on any other console, even though TT has many times said they try to publish their things on every console.
Hope you aren't including the like ten Lego games TT made

b ) (because apparently without a space it makes a cool.png ) and people who only have owned Nintendo consoles
Yeah, no, I have a PS1 and 2. =P I even have access to an Xbox. It's just the modern stuff I can't play, aside from the Wii. =PKanye: When he said original, he meant it. =P No licensed themes, no Bionicle, and such. An original LEGO game, not based off any theme. Which technically is still not totally correct, given the fact that LEGO Universe was an original LEGO game that came out in 2010. =p

The Wii U looks like Nintendo's Dreamcast. The starting line-up is awful and the whole thing looks like a huge gimmick.

Edited by Procreant

Yo! This is the same "Procreant" from the PlayStation Network! PM me if you want to add me to your friends list on PSN! UberCharge!

(BTW, i used to be "Preytor." Just so you know, if you care.)

What the Wii U needs is a new 3D Mario game, SSB4, and something else new thrown into it.Most likely I'll end up getting the Zelda game that comes out on it too, and probably Pikmin 3, and The 101 Game (maybe).Oh, yeah, and Mario Kart. Most likely there will be a Mario Party in there too, but MP sucks.So yeah. My opinion has been stated.~MN~EDIT: 64 was ehh. But Ghoti, I'm probably the only one that agrees with you that Sunshine was great.

Edited by Meta Nuva
The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

I have a strong dislike towards the Wii U. 99% because that Lego City game, the first original (non-Bionicle/Technic) major LEGO game since Island Xtreme Stunts in 2002, is only on the Wii U and not on any other console, even though TT has many times said they try to publish their things on every console.Yes, I'm incredibly biased and this is a stupid reason. But until LCU comes out on something else I'm sticking to it.
And Super Paper Mario is a no
:(
Lego Universe says hi. And even assuming you mean "original" as in "not based on a licensed theme", TT Games also produced Lego Battles (Pirates/Ninja/Mars Mission/Castle) and Lego Battles: Ninjago. What else do those games have in common with Lego City: Undercover? They were published by Nintendo exclusively for Nintendo systems. If you have to hate someone for Undercover's exclusivity, the blame would fall on TT Games or WB Games for not pursuing cross platform for their non-licensed Lego games, or on Sony/Microsoft for not making a better offer. You can hate systems for not having games you want, or not providing as good an experience of games you like as other systems. But hating a system because it alone has a game you want makes zero sense. Edited by Lyichir

Pro: In retrospect, I'm actually surprised the Dreamcast didn't do better. It really was ahead of it's time, but came off Sega's 'LET'S RELEASE PERIPHERALS!!!!111!1!' marketing strategy, that killed the predecessor. And since Sega was effectively imploding at the time, it took the Dreamcast with it. =/ It's a shame, because it is an awesome console that I wish to sometime play. =/Also, see PurpleBouncy's post a few posts up, about how the starting lineup could be 'awful' to some people, because the games are all elsewhere, but awesome to others, because the games are on a system they actually want, for more than just the game in question.Think of it this way; if all you're interested in is Zelda games and the like, and a multi-platform game just happens to catch your eye on another system, would you want to just go out and buy that system? Just for that game? No, right? Well, what if it then came out on a system guaranteed to have Zelda games; aka the Wii U? Suddenly that game is available to you, without having to go out and buy a system that, aside from that one game, would just gather dust.I'm not saying that there's not many games people want on the PS3 or 360; however, you guys have to consider, that not everyone thinks the same for things like these. Take the Vita for example. I think it did horribly for it's launch; not everyone will agree. Does that mean it's dead? Nah, not quite; it's somehow managing to survive. Do I wish it to die? No, because if I ever somehow get one, I'll actually have games. Is there a better chance of pigs flying than me getting a Vita? Sure, but that doesn't matter. =PMeta: Eh, the Mario Party series used to be awesome, but I haven't played any of the recent games. However, it's always better with people to play with; if you're like me, and always have to play alone, then of course it's not going to be as good. I don;'t think they added Wi-Fi to them either, have they? Also, SSB4's confirmed for the Wii U. =P

@Procreant: I can see how the WiiU would look like a gimmicky system with the gamepad, but, at it's core, it functions exactly as any other console controller would. And, I'm sure about 99% of the games will be Pro compatible, and the pro is a completely standard controller. No gimmicks.And looking at the starting lineup, it's an amazing launch. Even though some of the games are already out on other systems, it's probably one of the best launches in history, loaded with great games. Mass Effect, Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, Black Ops 2, Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, and NSMBU are some of the launch games, and a strong launch is essential to selling a system (Remember the 3DS and Vita launches?).@Meta: Mario party was good in the GC days, then MP8 came out on the Wii and the series just went downhill... Also, Sunshine is the best 3D Mario, IMO.

And looking at the starting lineup, it's an amazing launch. Even though some of the games are already out on other systems, it's probably one of the best launches in history, loaded with great games. Mass Effect, Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, Black Ops 2, Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, and NSMBU are some of the launch games, and a strong launch is essential to selling a system (Remember the 3DS and Vita launches?)..
I don't think it counts as "One of the best launches in history" if four out of the seven games you listed are also on other consoles.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I rate Sunshine behind Galaxy 2 and Galaxy, as to Mario games I've played. But it's very, very good still.3DS launch sucked. 3D Land came out in November, which counts as my 5th favorite Mario game, by the way. The 3DS didn't sprout until then, and then in August, when NSMB2 came out (4th favorite).Nintendo has learned its lesson since then, and thus, NSMBU is a launch title. The end.But how were the GCN's and Wii's launches? And DS, come to think of it?~MN~

Edited by Meta Nuva
The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

Okay soI don't know about you guys like what you like and what you playBut I love Nintendo exclusives and I've always bought their consoles for their exclusivesI mean its no secret at all that Nintendo has like the widest range of exclusive titles for their consoles and I personally love playing pretty much all of them so I'll be buying it for thatAnd the fact that it can play other console specific games is great too. Granted I don't know if they'll always be able to but still I'll enjoy it while I canBut I have to address like two arguments here:1. PS3 had a lot of power but not a lot of games, ergo power of the console doesn't mean anything. Like I said, Nintendo houses probably the widest range of popular exclusive titles developed in-house so that shouldn't be a problem unless you don't like those games by which yeah buying the WiiU would probably be a bad idea.2. LEGO City is only being developed for the WiiU, therefore I hate it. Welcome to the world of corporate releases bro. Exclusivity has been the driving force behind the Nintendo empire and they've probably put a lot of money into making the game happen. There's plenty of valid reasons to hate the WiiU, but I don't think that an exclusive game on that platform (which literally everybody in the games industry does) is enough. Having it exclusive is kind of the point, that's why the concept even exists in the first place.Anyhow, I'm interested in the WiiU, but like with the 3DS, I'm holding out until something comes out that I know I'll play. For the 3DS it is English localization of Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Gyakuten Saiban 5 and possibly the announcement of a Majora's Mask port. For the WiiU, I'll wait until they get their first party titles up and going, specifically the new Zelda and Smash Brothers.

The next Legend of Zelda has been confirmed to have been in development since 2010, with a planned release date of 2014. The game is the biggest one the series has seen, with the largest dungeons by far.I love when home console Zelda games take a while to come out, because I like them as a rare and awesome treat. And the fact that this one will get four years of development assures its greatness. I mean look at home console Zelda games recently:-Twilight Princess (2006)-Skyward Sword (2011)-Zelda WiiU (2014)Good pattern of taking plenty of time.