How fast does the Kakama make you?

OK, so this is something that's been nagging at the back of my head for a long time: Exactly how fast does the Kanohi Kakama make you?Let's start with what we know (or more accurately, what i know):1. Pohatu once used his Kakama to run from Po-Koro to Ko-Wahi in less than a minute.2. In the MNOLG, Pohatu seemingly moves fast enough to "teleport" in a sense, seen when fleeing the crumbling Nui Jaga nest.3. Gali reportedly once used her Kakama to vibrate through a wall.What this implies, in my view is that the Kakama allows you to reach levels of speed that are up there with other famous speedsters like Sonic the Hedgehog, and maybe even The FlashJust to make it clear, we're assuming regular Great Kakama here, not the Nuva version, which is why I left out some of Pohatu Nuva's feats with the mask.So, thoughts?

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Case 2 is probably an artistic license; Case 3 is a Kakama Nuva example (as mentioned in Chronicles 4: Tales of the Toa).I am not quite sure about the first case though :/I would assume that if more willpower is put into usage, the faster one can be. I also remember that the Kakama allows its user to have a slower perception of time so they can dodge obstacles so I guess the answer is pretty fast :P

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

As Podu said, it most likely depends on the willpower of the being using it. Though I do think the Kakama has a limit as to how fast it let it's user go. I think your first point was in Bionicle Chronicles one, correct? Because I remember reading that particular scene in that book. That scene would lead me to believe that the mask could let the user go faster than the blink of an eye, though I don't have any official proof to back that up.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Okay, I took this map and took some measurements. I drew a line from one end of the island to another (which is about 489 km) and getting a count of how many pixels long , then I drew a line from Po-Koro to the edge of Ko-Wahi, got the length in pixels of that line, and used that to get an idea of the distance between Po-Koro and Ko-Wahi. A few reasons kept me from getting a precise answer. We don't know which part of Ko-Wahi Pohatu was running to (what angle he approached it from), or the exact location of the border (it's kind of fuzzy, does Ko-Wahi start right where there's the first snow or not until the ground is completely covered), and Po-Wahi is craggy, so Pohatu probably couldn't have traveled in a straight line. So for a rough answer, given a minute travel time, is Kakama users can go at least 5000 kilometers per hour or 3106.86 miles per hour.The first time I tried it I got something closer to 4000-4500 kph, just to give you an idea of how rough the estimate is. But I hope that helps a little.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Okay, I took this map and took some measurements. I drew a line from one end of the island to another (which is about 489 km) and getting a count of how many pixels long , then I drew a line from Po-Koro to the edge of Ko-Wahi, got the length in pixels of that line, and used that to get an idea of the distance between Po-Koro and Ko-Wahi. A few reasons kept me from getting a precise answer. We don't know which part of Ko-Wahi Pohatu was running to (what angle he approached it from), or the exact location of the border (it's kind of fuzzy, does Ko-Wahi start right where there's the first snow or not until the ground is completely covered), and Po-Wahi is craggy, so Pohatu probably couldn't have traveled in a straight line. So for a rough answer, given a minute travel time, is Kakama users can go at least 5000 kilometers per hour or 3106.86 miles per hour.The first time I tried it I got something closer to 4000-4500 kph, just to give you an idea of how rough the estimate is. But I hope that helps a little.
But he would break the sound barrier at 1236 kph, why didn't the sonic boom blow out his audio circuits?

aouROFb.png

But he would break the sound barrier at 1236 kph, why didn't the sonic boom blow out his audio circuits?
Let's just say BIONICLE physics is not the same as real world physics :P
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Or his ears are just that tough. Don't forget Pohatu's faced Sonics users and not been permanently deafened, not to mention that even Toa of Sonics, who are sensitive to their own element, don't all go deaf.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Or his ears are just that tough. Don't forget Pohatu's faced Sonics users and not been permanently deafened, not to mention that even Toa of Sonics, who are sensitive to their own element, don't all go deaf.
Well the Kakama allows the user to have a slower perception of time, so I guess it should also provide temporary ear protection or something or esle...

The Kakama cannot be that fast, it would be one of the greatest plotholes and overpowered parts of the story, kinda like the Flash. I think it's safe to assume that it can come close to breaking the sound barrier, however that would be its max and after much practice with it. I also think that you have to accelerate with the Kakama, and that you can't just start off at 1000 mph or whatever. Think of sprinters, most of them are fastest at the latter half of their races.The Kakama Nuva is a completely different story though, that's just full out haxed.