Would a Concealment Kanoka Make a Vehicle's Passengers Invisible?

Or just the vehicle itself? Oddly specific question, I know, but I need to know for a story. To reiterate, if Kanoka of Concealment (made by a mix of Enlarge, Shrink, and Freeze disks) struck the hull of a vehicle, as Levitation Kanoka are used in airships and Ancient's boots, would it turn the vehicle invisible but leave the cargo and/or passengers visible, or would it turn the whole thing invisible? Personally, I think, because Levitation disks make airships rise but don't make the passengers and cargo float inside the ship, that it would only affect the vehicle itself. But I'd like to know what you guys think.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Considering this:Vakama used his Kahohi to hide himself, his Toa Tool, armor, and Mask. If a Kanoka Disk with Huna properties was used on vehicle like a Vahki transport or airship, then it would make sense if it's cargo/passengers is/are also concealed. Of course it would be hard for passengers and operators to see what happens inside the vehicle to know where the controls actually are, but who knows?-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

I do believe that it stands to reason all passengers and cargo of a vehicle would be rendered invisible as well if the vehicle were struck. If the target were the passenger or a piece of the cargo, only those would become invisible.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

As the last few people have said, I believe if the vehicle were struck, everything inside of it would be invisible to anybody outside of the vehicle.This is more speculation on my part, but I don't think the items inside of the vehicle would become invisible. They would probably remain visible along with anybody/anything inside of the vehicle. To anybody outside of the vehicle though, the cargo of the vehicle would most likely remain unseen by their eyes since it is inside of the invisible hull of the vehicle. Hope that made sense.- :t::l::h:

So you think that it would still be visible from the inside? I didn't think of that.Okay, I looked at the clip from Legends of Metru Nui in which Vakama discovers his mask power. The way he looks at his arms when he realizes 'my mask power' makes me think he can tell that he can tell by looking at himself that he's invisible.Another edit: I found this on the Bionicle wiki's page for the Huna:"The problem with invisibility, Vakama had discovered, was that he could not see himself either. It was no easy trick to run when he couldn't see his feet." - Narration, BIONICLE Adventures 5: Voyage of FearSo there's our answer about that. So what do you think that means about the point of view of the passengers inside vehicle?

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think it would create the extremely bizzare experiance of being a pair of eyes zooming throught the sky. In other words, both the vehicle and the passengers and vehicle itself would become invisible, both to the people inside and and outside viewer. The pilot of said aircraft would likely lose control of the vehicle as a result.

A theory that's been running around (and to me seems right given the Huna's function) is that it doesn't turn the user invisible by causing light to pass through them, but by some form of extremely advanced camouflage. That explains why the user still leaves a shadow.When stuck on a Toa's face, the mask power simply flows and covers everything they touch provided it's not too large. Hence Vakama can hide himself and his tools plus a few things he picks up, but he cant hide another being or anything. In that vein, if you struck a vehicle with the power, the vehicle would gain "active camo", thus hiding everything inside it - but not behind it - from view. Whether the power would flow into the driver as well and thus allow him to peek out a side window without being seen... I have no idea.

I like that theory. So, would that leave everything visible from the inside?

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

To the people on the inside, there would be no apparent effect. To anyone outside, the vehicle with contents would appear to be gone. Opening a hatch or something would likely disturb the "invisi-camo" field and render the inside visible through the hole.

Yeah, seeing how Invisibility powers and the like have worked in the past, these things seem to be pretty all-inclusive, so yeah.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Well, we have seen other Kanoka powers used in vehicles, such as Levitation and Increase Weight for Airships. It probably means Concealment would be effective too. I think it would probably work for the passengers too, though perhaps they would have to be completely enclosed by the vehicle's walls and windows so as to be "shielded" from sight too (meaning that a transparent window would be all right, but not an open one and you couldn't be on an external deck either).As for the problem with the passengers seeing the vehicle, you could either fit it with very simple commands, that a pilot could learn to use simply by touch, or by using Stealth instead of Concealment, which makes objects and people ghostly, but not quite invisible, and could therefore be seen at very close range. Nevertheless, it probably wouldn't be of much use in complicated situations such as combat or rough weather conditions.

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

I'm not sure about this one. It depends on how accurate the word "concealment" is to the power. We see it as invisibility, and if that were the case, the passengers would be visible if the disk did not hit one of them at the same time. On the other hand, if "concealment" means that it does not actually make the vehicle invisible (as in see-through), but rather hidden to the eye, I don't think the passengers would be visible.Even so, you could always use the "real world-physics do not apply in BIONICLE" excuse.

How well will you die?

Hmm, a Disk of Stealth-equipped flying vehicle would be cool. Now we just have to figure out how to make a Disk of Stealth... A Disk of Concealment plus a Reconstitute at Random disk? Nah, that would result in a Tryna disk in my opinion. Let's try Concealment plus Shrinking! ... Nope, that's probably one of those other obscure cloaking powers. Concealment plus... Another Concealment and a Freeze disk? :PAnyway, on to more serious matters, I'm no expert on this stuff (In fact, I'm a total noob, and probably shouldn't even be posting here. :biggrin: ), but I'd think that the inside and outside would turn invisible, assuming the Kanoka was powerful enough. However, the question is, what if a Concealment disk was powerful enough to cover the hull with its power but not the inside? You'd have to do odd things to get it to actually only apply its power to the hull and not just partially conceal the hull and the inside, but... it's a theoretical possibility, right?

Edited by Tanu Toa of Earth
toatanusignature.png

It...would really depend. If it just bends light around the target, It probably would affect the passengers. But if it makes light pass through the target, It might indeed not effect the passengers.But this is BIONICLE physics, so it may be dependent on the author's opinion if there is no evidence to be found in earlier media.

2! The best thing ever!