The Vahi's Power

That should be true, as far as I've heard, for the other two Legendary Masks, the Ignika and the Mask of Creation.As for the second part and "true" question, I can vaguely remember that moment, but I suppose that, being the Island of Mata Nui just a camouflage device of the Mata Nui Robot, it's considered part of the Matoran Universe as well, yet external to the body. I think a paragon with human body could help: I think that, if what I said is true, Mata Nui ( the island ) can be considered like hair in the human body. Hair is part of us, yet it's out of our body. I believe this could be a working metaphorical explanation of what I've supposed.

The Legendary Masks were fundamentally tied to reality in the Matoran Universe. When Vakama forged the Mask of Time, time in the Matoran Universe became dependent on the mask. If the Vahi was destroyed, the passage of time in the MU would get really... messed up. As Vakama puts it:"The force of time is contained within that mask. Destroy it, and that power is unleashed upon the universe. Past, present and future all existing at once — warps and rips and hours folding in upon each other — madness and chaos as no two moments ever follow one another ... think of it."Also, when ordinary Kanohi are damaged, they stop working, but the Legendary masks sort of leak energy, or perhaps create a weird anomaly in the immediate area. For example, the Vahi, I believe, created a small zone of greatly sped up time around it when the sea around Metru Nui was rusting it. But in the outside, 'real' universe, not the artificial world inside the Great Spirit Robot, reality is not tied to those masks.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

The Legendary Masks were fundamentally tied to reality in the Matoran Universe. When Vakama forged the Mask of Time, time in the Matoran Universe became dependent on the mask. If the Vahi was destroyed, the passage of time in the MU would get really... messed up. As Vakama puts it:"The force of time is contained within that mask. Destroy it, and that power is unleashed upon the universe. Past, present and future all existing at once — warps and rips and hours folding in upon each other — madness and chaos as no two moments ever follow one another ... think of it."Also, when ordinary Kanohi are damaged, they stop working, but the Legendary masks sort of leak energy, or perhaps create a weird anomaly in the immediate area. For example, the Vahi, I believe, created a small zone of greatly sped up time around it when the sea around Metru Nui was rusting it. But in the outside, 'real' universe, not the artificial world inside the Great Spirit Robot, reality is not tied to those masks.
And thus, destroying the Mask on Mata Nui, or anywhere outside the Matoran Universe, would not result in the destruction of time in the outside world. However, the standard powers of the mask, such as slowing up or speeding down time, are not reduced.

Also, I'm not sure about this, but I think the MU's reality would be damaged even if the Legendary Masks were broken outside the Matoran Universe. Of course, at this point, the MU is an inhospitable ruin anyway.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Mata Nui, and probably Voya Nui and Mahri Nui, are considered "spillout" regions of the Matoran Universe. They're all made of protodermis, so all the related physics are in effect.And thus Tahu messing up in the Kal incident would have been just as bad (Greg confirmed at that time that it would destroy the 'universe', though we didn't know at that time that this meant the MU, not the Universe, as we learned later).It's out on the non-protodermic Spherus Magna where the Vahi's danger is reduced.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yeah. Tahu Nuva succeeded in using the Vahi on the island of Mata Nui, outside the Matoran Universe, against the Bohrok-Kal, albeit with much effort. The Vahi may be more difficult to use, but I don't know if its power becomes weaker.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012