League of six kindoms.

I am going to be writing a series of short stories on the league of six kindoms but i am kinda unclear about them. The bs01 page for them didn't answer too many of my questions like did toa oppose them. Thanks:)

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

I am going to be writing a series of short stories on the league of six kindoms but i am kinda unclear about them. The bs01 page for them didn't answer too many of my questions like did toa oppose them. Thanks:)
The Toa did not expressly oppose them, at least in the beginning. The Toa's job is to protect the Matoran. If the Barraki were to try to kill Matoran, the Toa would have something to say about it, but the Barraki had no such interest. Besides, they were the "Great Spirit's appointed rulers" after all. Toa don't fight Mata Nui, generally speaking.

The Toa would have had no real reason to oppose the League of Six Kingdoms at the time, as they didn't pose a real threat, until a certain point, where they began to grow too fast and turmoil began to emerge. Even then, though, I'm not sure if there was any actual opposition to them from the Toa.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Another related question might be what their forces were composed of, how that all went about. From what I have seen, it seems they were mostly beasts -- how they controlled them, I don't know, but maybe much like how they controlled the 2007 ones. I imagine Toa might have some issues with this, but would have to have treated it as aiding them in management, as a sort of heirarchy thing, with the beasts perhaps serving mainly as border guardians. Perhaps if some of the beasts got out of hand Toa might even be called on to capture them or whatnot.It would probably have been a very stressful time to be a Toa, especially as the Barraki started to plan rebellion. They would probably have kept trying to keep up an act of working with the Toa but maybe it wouldn't be kept up all the time and local conflicts over that might have come up. Yet until Takadox sold the rebellion plans, the Toa would officially have to go along with it all.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The Toa were actually part of the eventual Brotherhood army that put them down, but there was no specified conflict between the Toa and Barraki. Not to say it couldn't happen (after all, it's your fanfic; do what you want), but since the Toa were still fairly chummy with the Brotherhood at the time, and the Brotherhood were the ones engaged in diplomacy with the League, it's unlikely that they specifically sought a fight between their forces.

Another related question might be what their forces were composed of, how that all went about.
I got the impression from City of the Lost that the Barraki had an army of sapient species to engage on their wars of conquest, and inevitably left some behind to enforce ruling policy. Rules not enforced are rules nonexistant, and enforcement is nine tenths of the law. I doubt said enforcement could be merely carried out by mere beasts, which, as per the nature of the term, do not comprend laws. However, the Barraki did order "fresh war beasts" from the Brotherhood, but I thought those were mounts for their army to ride, not border guards. :)

Another related question might be what their forces were composed of, how that all went about.
I got the impression from City of the Lost that the Barraki had an army of sapient species to engage on their wars of conquest, and inevitably left some behind to enforce ruling policy. Rules not enforced are rules nonexistant, and enforcement is nine tenths of the law. I doubt said enforcement could be merely carried out by mere beasts, which, as per the nature of the term, do not comprend laws.However, the Barraki did order "fresh war beasts" from the Brotherhood, but I thought those were mounts for their army to ride, not border guards. :)
Well, I was wondering if that might be the case. This begs the question of who those soldiers were. Considering both the Toa and the Barraki were supposedly on the same side, is it guaranteed Toa didn't form part of that? Or was it species like those from Stelt or the like? Or both? (We probably can't know, but this is what I wonder. :))

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I got the impression from City of the Lost that the Barraki had an army of sapient species to engage on their wars of conquest, and inevitably left some behind to enforce ruling policy. Rules not enforced are rules nonexistant, and enforcement is nine tenths of the law. I doubt said enforcement could be merely carried out by mere beasts, which, as per the nature of the term, do not comprend laws.However, the Barraki did order "fresh war beasts" from the Brotherhood, but I thought those were mounts for their army to ride, not border guards. :)
Well, I was wondering if that might be the case. This begs the question of who those soldiers were. Considering both the Toa and the Barraki were supposedly on the same side, is it guaranteed Toa didn't form part of that? Or was it species like those from Stelt or the like? Or both? (We probably can't know, but this is what I wonder. :))
I want to say that it would be mostly composed of Steltians/other species, mainly because it isn't Toa's purview to go on wars of conquest. But there might have been some strange Toa out there (or a few), that might have believed that the League would keep order in the universe and protect Matoran, so they might have gone to serve the cause. But once the plot of the Barraki trying to overthrow Mata Nui was leaked, they probably all would have bailed.

The Barraki would probably try to hide their ambitions to overthrow Mata Nui from any of their subjects that would object, or silence those subjects before they could leak that information.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

The Barraki would probably try to hide their ambitions to overthrow Mata Nui from any of their subjects that would object, or silence those subjects before they could leak that information.
Once Takadox opened his big mouth, I would think it would be hard to conceal the fact. The Brotherhood would try to spread that information around to try to decrease enemy moral and recruit Toa to their side. As I recall, the Barraki were expriencing setbacks near the end and Pridak was trying to convince himself that he still had the support to win. That might have been the cause.

Um... wouldn't their armies be composed of members of their own species? I. e. Kalmah leads an army of his species, Ehlek leads another with his, and so on.
I suppose that makes sense, except are there enough of those to sustain big enough armies to conquer far enough beyond their homelands. Do we know of any major islands or locations that actually are home to any of them? I get the impression none of them are very common.But maybe it started out that way. Edited by bonesiii

Once Takadox opened his big mouth, I would think it would be hard to conceal the fact. The Brotherhood would try to spread that information around to try to decrease enemy moral and recruit Toa to their side.
Right, any secrecy the Barraki tried to maintain about their plans would be lost when Takadox betrayed them.
Do we know of any major islands or locations that actually are home to any of them? I get the impression none of them are very common.
Aren't the six species the Barraki are from described as 'prime species'? That makes me think they'd be prominent.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I remember reading Pridak had Matoran in his army. I'm pretty sure many other species were also represented.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Do we know of any major islands or locations that actually are home to any of them? I get the impression none of them are very common.
Aren't the six species the Barraki are from described as 'prime species'? That makes me think they'd be prominent.
That's BS01:
After the Great Spirit first awakened, he created six prime species of sapient beings and chose one from each to later become rulers of the Matoran Universe in order to maintain peace and harmony throughout the universe. As was pre-ordained, the six beings - Pridak, Kalmah, Takadox, Ehlek, Carapar and Mantax - became Barraki, banding together to form a military pact known as the League of Six Kingdoms to govern territories of the universe.
Also:
MilitaryWhile the Barraki each lead their own individual armies, overall command is Pridak's. The Barraki's new armies consist of ex-Dark Hunters, exiled Vortixx, and Skakdi, supplied by the Order of Mata Nui.Former MilitaryThe Barraki's former armies contained small units, which were referred to as legions (one such legion was a Matoran Rear Guard Unit that consisted of fifty-three Matoran). Battle leaders were also present throughout Barraki armies. Though powerful, the entire army was not as disciplined as the Brotherhood's. After defeating the League, the Brotherhood disbanded these armies, killing, enslaving, or selling off the various members.
So something happened to these "prime species". Either they all still exist, just really in the background of the story, or they all died. If the latter, I suspect the Brotherhood is responsible, due to their "killing, enslaving, or selling off the various members". But if there was fifty-three Matoran, there might have been a Toa with them. But it was clear that the Toa sided with the Brotherhood in the end, so I can't imagine that to be easy - fighting againest fifty-three of your own kind. :(