Klakk scream

Exactly, it was just a logic-lacking gimmick that Greg had to make work somehow. :PI'm not sure there can be a deeper answer than that, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the Klakk scream is something unusual itself. There are so few Toa of Sonics around that it's hard to know much else.... Now I'm wondering if the Makuta would kill off the Sonics-Toa in the same manner as Iron- or Magnetism-Toa, because Sonics-Toa might be able to undo light draining.I probably should reread most of the BIONICLE story now.

:P~:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

Actually, guys, BS01 describes it very logically:

These screams can destroy the barrier that keeps light from naturally returning to a being
Not sure though whether Toa of Sonics could mimic it, but maybe if they heard one they could.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

These screams can destroy the barrier that keeps light from naturally returning to a being
Not sure though whether Toa of Sonics could mimic it, but maybe if they heard one they could.
So a Klakk could make a Makuta a better person?If that's so, why wasn't Mutran affected while Vican was in the Shadow Leech Hive?

Now I feel stupid not for checking there :PI believe that one of the books stated that Toa of Sonics could mimic it.

So a Klakk could make a Makuta a better person?If that's so, why wasn't Mutran affected while Vican was in the Shadow Leech Hive?
Well, didn't the Makuta intentionally drain their light? And they're antidermis too; is there anything to break? I think it works differently for them. But if hypothetically it did break that barrier they might just fix it. The main purpose is to break the barrier for those whose light was drained against their will.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

My theory on this is that it works in one of two ways-either the klakk transmits a specific frequency that does the barrier breaking, or there is coded sonic pattern in the screen that transmits a "virus" (not the Makuta kind.) to the brain that does the breaking. I think this kind of coded transmission could be likely, considering the fact that all Rahi languages are programming languages. Either way, it could be replicated by sonics.A Klakk scream could potentially affect a Makuta-they have a simaler barrier because they have meditated out their moral light. But you'd be right to say that they'd just go back to what they were.What book is that, Spock? This could be handy for the BZPRPG in Heauni pops up near Ziraul...

Now I feel stupid not for checking there :PI believe that one of the books stated that Toa of Sonics could mimic it.
I don't recall one any of the books stating that. Could it have been in one of the serial chapters?I, too, think that a Toa of Sonics could mimic the scream of the klakk if they could match the frequency of it.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I don't recall one any of the books stating that. Could it have been in one of the serial chapters?I, too, think that a Toa of Sonics could mimic the scream of the klakk if they could match the frequency of it.
A Toa of Sonics might be able to mimic it, but still might not be able to shatter the barrier. After all, there are tons of sounds that we, as humans, cannot hear, and if those tones also exist in the BIONICLE universe, then those high- or low-frequency waves might be the key. That just leaves me wondering if Toa of Sonics can hear ultra-high or ultra-low frequency waves.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

A Toa of Sonics might be able to mimic it, but still might not be able to shatter the barrier. After all, there are tons of sounds that we, as humans, cannot hear, and if those tones also exist in the BIONICLE universe, then those high- or low-frequency waves might be the key. That just leaves me wondering if Toa of Sonics can hear ultra-high or ultra-low frequency waves.
Well, with one caveat, hearing isn't the important thing -- if anything it's the downside for them since theirs is so sensitive, but all Toa can sense their own element via their elemental power. So hypothetically if there was such a frequency to it that their ears couldn't hear, they could still sense and mimic.The caveat is that I'm not certain that all vibrations count as "sound" in Bionicle. But I highly doubt that's relevant here, and the Klakk's scream is called sonic on BS01. Edited by bonesiii