Because I've been wanting to use those red Bitil wings.1346603505m_SPLASH.jpgFlowerStemBackNot PottedC&C&such appreciated, of course. The main pic is my first real attempt at cleaning up a picture with GIMP, because the original was dark and ugly. Advice on that is appreciated as well.Thanks for looking!Edit: Image resized slightly; please keep posted images in BBC to 640x640 pixels.-Wind-

Edited by Nikolai Medtner

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I love the way you've used the cup and the brown bits to simulate a cup and dirt. The curviness of the main trunk (stem?) is well done, and I didn't notice the prototype piece until I'd looked at it for a while.I like the outline of the red Bitil wings, but their shape makes the flower have some holes. If you could patch those up with some smaller pieces (maybe System, even) I think it'd improve the MOC dramatically, as it's the focal point of the creation.Secondarily, the one leaf looks kind of lonely. Perhaps you could put one or two more leaves on there, of slightly different sizes and colors?

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Lovely flower - and such scale! The shields are truly enormous pieces, so this thing is comparable to a sunflower! In terms of photography, try to get lots of diffuse lighting pointed in dark areas, in this case the stem and dirt. Also it often is best to use a low ISO, low aperture and low shutter speed if there is enough light to do so, for a more even exposure. Sometimes with flower photography (which applies to these contrasting colors) the petals seem overexposed, but with some saturation editing they can look just right. Even if you can't get pictures whose parts are all perfectly exposed, still include pictures where a particular section is (even though others are overexposed). They may not look presentable, but it helps in figuring out the design. The leaf is a good idea (I would have two, for balance, or just one larger one), but the piece seems wrong. Use a full-green one instead, or perhaps multiple smaller green pieces to make up a single leaf. Thorns may make a nice addition, too. And is the pot you are using a Lego store cup? That would be superb. For the future it would be neat if you could make roots for this flower.Very well done.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva