Zyglak

Crunchyn

A pencil/pen sketch I did today. I find that whenever I draw something with digigrade legs, I have the need to make it crustacean like XD. Still need to study more anatomy, wish I did more with the chest and arms and yeah I went really crazy with the cross hatching :Pzyglak_by_crunchbitenuva-d5e5a10.pngMedium:HB pencil and Prismacolor fineline marker 03

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

This looks awesome. I love the style you went with as it make the Zyglak look really dangerous. I love the skull-like look of the head and the legs are just bleedin' awesome. The chest could be a little more defined in the way of more muscles, but otherwise you did a fantastic job.

Edited by bonesiii

silverbladebanner.jpg

Ah I love it! His head looks (as Anky said) like a skull, but also like some of the early fish-eating pterosaurs, which gives it a wonderfully prehistoric and threatening vibe. His pose is awesome, and the way you hinted at the actual bionicle parts without blatantly rendering them gives a great realistic effect. Wonderful rendition of an otherwise non-threatening model!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

Wow, that is amazing. I love this kind of shading, though I myself don't practice it much. Another thing I love is how it looks both organic and biomechanical, which is how I think Bionicle characters should look like; so job well done on that part!The depiction also seems to fit more with it's fictional history then the literal set does.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Ah I love it! His head looks (as Anky said) like a skull, but also like some of the early fish-eating pterosaurs, which gives it a wonderfully prehistoric and threatening vibe. His pose is awesome, and the way you hinted at the actual bionicle parts without blatantly rendering them gives a great realistic effect. Wonderful rendition of an otherwise non-threatening model!
Wow, that is amazing. I love this kind of shading, though I myself don't practice it much. Another thing I love is how it looks both organic and biomechanical, which is how I think Bionicle characters should look like; so job well done on that part!The depiction also seems to fit more with it's fictional history then the literal set does.
Thanks guys :) I went and researched the Zyglak so that I could get a better idea of how they would look like, though how they designed the tail still confounds me. Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Cross-hatching, yay. I love the effect it gives, kind of reminds me of etching (which I did one time... never again. My hand still hurts if I only think about it xD)And of course once again I could go on and on about how much I love your art style, but I think I've already done so countless times. :rolleyes:So yeah, awesome work, love the head, the whole thing actually. ^_^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)