Movie Changes

Sybre

tehy wer teh n00bz and dint kno hao to manige ther elimintle enrgee

Anyways, Hakann and Thok had sword guns, right? BS01 says they allowed them to channel their elements through them without another skakdi.

Hakann had a lava launcher, not a sword. Thok had an Ice Gun, not a sword.

Lava isn't Hakann's element, which is Fire.

No.

It shot lava because it had stone in it, his fire element melted the stone and the weapon fired it.

I never saw this portrayed in the story anywhere. Is that on BS01 too? It is canon that Skakdi weapons can enable the use of their elemental powers, but those were guns, not swords, therefore they aren't sword guns in any event.

Nektann, on the other hand, might have actually had one. That Crystal Scythe of his.

I dunno if this was brough up before, but I think the movies could have used elemental powers. For example, Takanuva using light beams (like in Dark Mirror), Nokama shooting water, that kinda stuff. If this was already brought up, please forgive me. I obviously forgot if such a post exists in this topic.

In BIONICLE: Mask of Light, we did see some substantial use of elemental powers. Rarely was elemental energy fired directly at an opponent, probably to keep the heroes from seeming too violent, but Kopaka used his ice powers to freeze the Rahkshi in a lake, Takanuva used his light powers to blast the statue at Kini-Nui into the image of Takua's mask, Tahu used his fire powers to heat a rocky cliff and dig his tools into it, Lewa created a tornado when fighting the Rahkshi during the climax, and Gali shot water blasts at Tahu and the Rahkshi at various points in the movie. There are several other examples I can't think of off the top of my head.In LoMN and WoS, there were plot-related reasons that the Toa couldn't use their elemental powers.

MoL: Change that awful Rahkshi design.LoMN: Add at least a minor scene with the Morbuzakh.WoS: Not really much to say about this one.TLR: Destroy it and replace with 06 movie.

LoMN included a minor scene with the Morbozakh, actually. Well, not a scene, perhaps, but the Morbuzakh appeared in Vakama's segment of the montage showing how the Toa Metru got the great disks. Personally, I think LoMN was better off without the Morbuzakh. Typically I dislike villains in action figure themes that can't actually be built from LEGO, and I genuinely felt the Morbuzakh (including the King Root) was one of the less interesting antagonists of BIONICLE.

MoL: Change that awful Rahkshi design.LoMN: Add at least a minor scene with the Morbuzakh.WoS: Not really much to say about this one.TLR: Destroy it and replace with 06 movie.

LoMN included a minor scene with the Morbozakh, actually. Well, not a scene, perhaps, but the Morbuzakh appeared in Vakama's segment of the montage showing how the Toa Metru got the great disks. Personally, I think LoMN was better off without the Morbuzakh. Typically I dislike villains in action figure themes that can't actually be built from LEGO, and I genuinely felt the Morbuzakh (including the King Root) was one of the less interesting antagonists of BIONICLE.

To be honest, I feel like the Great Disks were overemphasized in the films. Parts like when Whenua says "What a waste," after "Dume" says the Toa must be tested more don't mix well with the storyline as a whole. The Vahi could have been introduced just the same.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...