Various Kanohi Questions

Chro

Hey there everyone~Here are some random questions I have about certain Kanohi. I may add a few more, but for now, these are the only things I'd specifically like to know. Some questions, especially those dealing with obscure mask powers, might be unanswerable, but that's okay, LOL. :P1. Does a Mask of Undeath user retain sentience after being reborn? Do they retain elemental powers?If the same mask is removed or destroyed before death, does the mask work? What if it is destroyed after the user dies, before the mask activates (or while it is in use)?2. Could the power of element-affiliated Kanohi such as the Matatu or Garai be boosted if worn be a Toa of the same element? (I'm pretty certain that it would be, just need clarification.)3. Could a Miru Nuva possibly create an antigravity field?4. Does a Mask of Intangibility phase through elemental attacks as well as solid objects? (Probably yes.) Does gravity affect the user as strongly when the mask is in use?5. Can a Kiril mend broken Kanohi, and thus restore power to them? Can one be used to 'heal' the mechanical parts of a being? If so, then can a Mask of Healing only stop organic parts from becoming more damaged?6. Does a Mask of Aging age the victim mentally? Like, could it be used in a pinch to mature an inexperienced warrior who didn't take a situation seriously? (Most likely not, but it's worth asking.)7. Can a Ruru's glow pierce through elemental, as opposed to natural, shadow? Can an Akaku see through constructs of elemental shadow (if the shadow is concentrated like a wall or some such thing)?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

1. Does a Mask of Undeath user retain sentience after being reborn? Do they retain elemental powers?If the same mask is removed or destroyed before death, does the mask work? What if it is destroyed after the user dies, before the mask activates (or while it is in use)?
No, they lose sentience. They operate only on their last goal before death.We don't really know about maintaining elemental powers as far as I'm aware, but it would make a certain amount of sense. Not sure if they can actually use them, though.
2. Could the power of element-affiliated Kanohi such as the Matatu or Garai be boosted if worn be a Toa of the same element? (I'm pretty certain that it would be, just need clarification.)
No. Elemental Kanohi do not boost pre-existing elemental powers.
3. Could a Miru Nuva possibly create an antigravity field?
I'm... not sure. It could forcibly levitate other beings, perhaps, but objects...
4. Does a Mask of Intangibility phase through elemental attacks as well as solid objects? (Probably yes.) Does gravity affect the user as strongly when the mask is in use?
I believe so (though some types of powers can scramble intangibility, as seen in Krika's death). Intangibility in general appears to allow flight in Bionicle, so I would say no, gravity does not affect them.
5. Can a Kiril mend broken Kanohi, and thus restore power to them? Can one be used to 'heal' the mechanical parts of a being? If so, then can a Mask of Healing only stop organic parts from becoming more damaged?
I'm pretty sure thay a broken Kanohi loses its power permanently. Mechanical parts I'm uncertain of, but I would assume yes, if only because it can help a Kiril-user in combat. I'm unaware of the Mask of Healing (it probably exists, I just forgot about it), but since it's self-healing, it may be able to restore both biological and mechanical parts. I'm uncertain of this, though.
6. Does a Mask of Aging age the victim mentally? Like, could it be used in a pinch to mature an inexperienced warrior who didn't take a situation seriously? (Most likely not, but it's worth asking.)
I believe that the aging is physical only, as Ignika super-aging the Nuva did nothing but kill them slowly.
7. Can a Ruru's glow pierce through elemental, as opposed to natural, shadow? Can an Akaku see through constructs of elemental shadow (if the shadow is concentrated like a wall or some such thing)?
Pretty sure the Ruru can't penetrate dark energy, but veils of elemental darkness and such could probably be foiled pretty easily. The Akaku can see through pretty much everything, so I would assume that yes, it can see through solid energy constructs such as solid Light or Shadow.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

1. Does a Mask of Undeath user retain sentience after being reborn? Do they retain elemental powers?If the same mask is removed or destroyed before death, does the mask work? What if it is destroyed after the user dies, before the mask activates (or while it is in use)?
Like Meta-Mind said, they only work to fulfill their last goal. But though that doesn't leave them with sentience, they still have enough intelligence to carry out that final task. They would have to be wearing it at the moment of death for it to activate, and I think it activates immediately upon death. If the mask is destroyed, the wearer will redie permanently.
2. Could the power of element-affiliated Kanohi such as the Matatu or Garai be boosted if worn be a Toa of the same element? (I'm pretty certain that it would be, just need clarification.)
Meta-Mind's right, Elemental Kanohi and Kanohi with sub-powers of elements don't boost elemental powers. Of course, they could be used as an alternative to elemental energy. For example, a Toa of Gravity that runs out of EE could use a Kanohi Garai instead (though the mask gives him far less versatile control of the element).
3. Could a Miru Nuva possibly create an antigravity field?
Well, I'm pretty sure the Kaukau Nuva can suffocate opponents on dry land by forcing them to breathe air. So, like Meta-Mind said, the Miru Nuva should be capable of forcibly levitating beings. I don't think Kanohi Nuva powers can be shared with objects, though, so it wouldn't be a true antigravity field (you'd need the Kanohi Garai for that).
4. Does a Mask of Intangibility phase through elemental attacks as well as solid objects? (Probably yes.) Does gravity affect the user as strongly when the mask is in use?
I really don't know. What Meta-Mind said makes sense. But the Makuta power is Density Control, which isn't exactly the same -- even the lightest gas can't pass through impermeable walls. Still, if intangible beings are vulnerable to energy attacks, then I'd say some elements, like Fire, would work, while others like Stone wouldn't. But that's just my thinking. And I'm not sure about how it would affect gravity, except for one thing -- if the effect of gravity on the intangible being was completely unaffected, he or she would fall through the ground! So they must be free of gravitational pull to some extent.
5. Can a Kiril mend broken Kanohi, and thus restore power to them? Can one be used to 'heal' the mechanical parts of a being? If so, then can a Mask of Healing only stop organic parts from becoming more damaged?
I was going to say 'yes' to your first question. Good thing Meta-Mind reminded us that a Kanohi's power leaks out when it's broken. I always thought a Kiril would be capable of healing the mechanical parts of a being, but as those parts can be considered to be alive in some sense (compared to weapons, helmets, and extra armor that's not), I'm not so sure anymore. The Mask of Healing is only capable of healing others' organic parts.
6. Does a Mask of Aging age the victim mentally? Like, could it be used in a pinch to mature an inexperienced warrior who didn't take a situation seriously? (Most likely not, but it's worth asking.)
Maturity comes from experiences, not time itself. So, no. The Vahi could probably be used to accelerate time around him as he lives his life and learns things, but good luck getting someone to use a Legendary Mask just to get one guy to mature faster. :P
7. Can a Ruru's glow pierce through elemental, as opposed to natural, shadow? Can an Akaku see through constructs of elemental shadow (if the shadow is concentrated like a wall or some such thing)?
I'm not sure. Maybe it depends on how intense the shadow is? I think a Makuta's shadow power at full strength could only be countered by elemental light.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

1) @ Undeath -- Depending on how you define sentience, no. The mask uses whatever the user's body still has that it can. If their brain is still intact, it will be able to access their memories, their ability to think, etc. But it will only do this for the most important goal or goals that the Toa had and they will NOT be self-aware in the sense of being able to be distracted as living beings are, nor able to form new goals.Yes, they retain elemental powers, at least as I intended it, and I showed an undead Toa in my fan fiction Endless Blue using them. What they can't use is other mask powers, obviously. But tool powers, etc. are all possible.Not sure what you mean by "If the same mask is removed or destroyed before death, does the mask work?" If the mask is destroyed, it obviously can't work. And it has to be on their face when they die to activate, as Greg canonized it. If it is destroyed at any time the power stops working and they become fully dead.I recently saved the full quotes to my hard drive if you want them and didn't see them in the recent Worst Masks topic where I posted them. :)2) No because Greg said the Avokhii doesn't boost Takanuva's power. However, if he ran out of elemental energy he could use it as a backup.3) Miru in general levitate users/sharing-targets. How they do so is not known; it could be a limited antigravity field but I think more likely it is something that pushes them up.4) Yes, Intangibility makes you intangible. Therefore it doesn't matter what material is sent at you, it's you that is changed. However, energy attacks (elemental or not) might still get you, not sure.5) I believe it can, but not sure if Greg ever said. The Kiril always confused me, as it seemed to be able to multiply things, but not sure about that either. (Break a plate, fix each piece into a new plate... and play the old Sorcerer's Apprentice music. :P)6) It could make them forget things more quickly, but it could not give them experiences they did not have. Perhaps it could enable them to think through complex puzzles faster, though. (All at the expense of their brain physically aging much faster.)7) The question needs re-worded to, can the Ruru pierce through a steady field of shadow energy (which drains light). Answer is clearly yes, but not anywhere near as well. But if shadow energy has drained or blocked a light source and left a place with natural shadow, it would be no different from a normal natural shadow. If a field is being kept up, the shadow energy could possibly overpower the light. The Ruru is basically a flashlight beam (the Great version), whereas elemental light can be much brighter and could do serious damage to a field of shadow energy. So, if a field is NOT being kept up; has a finite amount of shadow energy, then the Ruru should eventually be able to cancel it out entirely and then light up the natural shadow that remains. Otherwise, the field will probably win.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

That's all you needed to know? If so, you can contact a staff member to close this.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Just as a note, the Avohkii and Kraahkan do contain abilities standard elemental users don't have - the Avohkii can spread peace and understanding as well as sense the moral light in beings, while the Kraahkan can create anger and fear as well as sense the moral darkness in beings. So, in a way, the Avhokii does boost Takanuva's light-related powers, just not elementally. :)-TN05