Do You Like The 3 Recent Reveals?

bonesiii

Do you like the three recent major revelations about the Bionicle story Greg provided?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So it occurred to me, polls can have three questions, and there have been three major reveals. And I'm curious. :) FTR, please keep theorizing and general comments to the original announcement topics; this is just about whether you personally like what was revealed. :)NOTE: Spoiler tags are still needed for the third one. [Edit: Nuh-uh! Not nuh merr!]The first two reveals were first posted here. (Spoiler tags no longer required for them.)1) Identity of the hidden Great Being: Velika2) Identity of the murderer: also Velika(Plus there was the minor reveal that Velika is his original name, which I suppose someone could make another poll about if they really wanted to. :P)3) Purpose of the Red Star (posted here):A teleporting emergency revival hospital for Matoran Universe beings, essentially (limitations unknown, except that the send-back part was broken)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yes, middle, and no, in that order.I like finding out how the Gb is who the gb is, and that greg is alive, but the 2nd reveal wasn't as great and I had aready theorized it, and the 3rd would have been a spectacular chapter, but it's sad the way it was revealed.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Yes to the first two and unsure to the third. I would like to learn more about it before coming to a judgment on it just yet.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Strong yes to the first, yes to the second, unsure to the third. I would like some details on how the thing is going to be used in-story before I pass judgement on it.Edit: Strong yes to the last one. That's what I get for impulse voting. :)

Edited by fishers64

Strongly Yes (my money was on him since TPTB4 made it rather clear that it was him), Yes (was holding out hope for the murderer and GB to be different people), and Strongly Yes (I have faith that Greg will not bring back everyone from the dead).

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Yes, middle, and no, respectively.I was rooting for Kapura, personally, to be the Great Being, but Velika also works. Kind of indifferent to the thought of him being the murderer, but

I don't care for the Red Star's purpose. It just makes all those deaths feel so... arbitrary. Most deaths had some sort of decent impact, so to have this convenient "oh they're not really dead" device isn't exactly the best thing. Now, there is a part of me that's content at the idea of Zaktan returning, but I think he was the only character that really shouldn't have died in the first place, the only character that had a bad death. But that's a small part, and I'd rather Zaktan, awesome as he was, stay dead so that the others that died can also stay dead and their deaths have some level of meaning still.

plop

I'm unsure about all three. Nice to know who killed those guys and that Lessovik wasn't actually to blame. The Red Star thing though, it just sounds like a broken respawn machine in a video game.

The Medic sighed as he glanced at the ceiling. Yes, they were holding the enemy Spy captive, but they had not found any other member of the enemy mercenary team. The thought that they had died and not respawned made him shudder.Maybe the RED Star Respawn Machine was broken?

• 2 months later...

Strong yes, Yes, and Middle/Unsure, in that order, respectively.

It's easy to see from the results that the Red Star is the most controversial reveal of the three.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351