8006897110_e48429f3fd_n.jpg
Flickr

Had the idea for this revamp of an old MOC bouncing around in my head for a while, so at BrickFair I acquired some parts specifically for it and built the thing soon afterward. Personally, I think it came out rather well! The main image on Flickr has more information, inculding a link to the original version of the MOC, which I think it is a major improvement on.Comments are welcome. :)

~B~
Edited by Ballom

Not bad at all, Ballom. I like the concept. The upper torso is the best part of the MoC. I love the way you incorporated those two engine parts from the Axalara? into some slick shoulders. I know how hard it can be to Moc with those parts. The Rahkshi head is simple but works well and the antenna helps show the machine look of the MoC. I love the trans-red disks running down the torso. Trans pieces used as highlights are awesome and this MoC proves why.While I like the idea of the arms, I think the MoC would look better with normal arms sporting clawed hands. Either that, or you could maybe make the barrels of the current arms a tad bigger. Right now they look underwhelming when compared to the rest of the MoC. I'm also not hooked on the blade piece you used for the tips of the legs. Something in black might work better there? It's a small issue, though, so no biggie.Overall, you did a wonderful job, as always. Keep up the solid work. :)

silverbladebanner.jpg

Not bad at all, Ballom. I like the concept.The upper torso is the best part of the MoC. I love the way you incorporated those two engine parts from the Axalara? into some slick shoulders. I know how hard it can be to Moc with those parts. The Rahkshi head is simple but works well and the antenna helps show the machine look of the MoC. I love the trans-red disks running down the torso. Trans pieces used as highlights are awesome and this MoC proves why.While I like the idea of the arms, I think the MoC would look better with normal arms sporting clawed hands. Either that, or you could maybe make the barrels of the current arms a tad bigger. Right now they look underwhelming when compared to the rest of the MoC. I'm also not hooked on the blade piece you used for the tips of the legs. Something in black might work better there? It's a small issue, though, so no biggie.Overall, you did a wonderful job, as always. Keep up the solid work. :)
Those large cap pieces did take a long time to incorporate into the proper shape, so I'm glad they turned out alright in the final version. The head design using the Rahkshi head is one of Retinence's old head concepts he posted, and I thought it seemed a natural extension of the smaller head of the old version. As for the antenna, I wish it could have gone straight upward, but it was hard to remove the slant.While I agree that clawed arms could have looked quite good as replacement limbs, particularly with the Ben 10 claws, the current arms were chosen for relevence to what the mechanical unit is intended for storyline-wise, rather than simply for aesthetics.The blades for the legs seemed the most reasonable parts to use, as I had enough of them for it, as well as the fact that their silver matches well with the Mahri tubing. As there are a lot of Bionicle blade parts, it's mainly personal preference.
Very cool character design, I love the assorted bulges-with-trans-orange-centers.
The bulges were actually based on the old version of the MOC, as it was at one point an attempt at a Star Wars Buzz Droid MOC, which had the three glowing sections that the original trans disks attempted to replicate.Thanks for the comments, everyone!~B~

I'm a big fan of the shaping on the torso. Those black dome things are awesome, and look really good where you have them. Would I be right to guess you used one of those tri-armed axles to do that?I like the legs and lower section as well. The little beak is a nice touch, and reminds me of an octopus. I can't help but feel that the old bionicle limbs that you used for the legs lat the front ook a bit out of place against the more smooth styled armor on the rest of the MoC.The back is also a little bare though, but I don't think it really detracts much from the whole thing.Anyway I think you did a good job here, and I really do like the creation.

I'm a big fan of the shaping on the torso. Those black dome things are awesome, and look really good where you have them. Would I be right to guess you used one of those tri-armed axles to do that?I like the legs and lower section as well. The little beak is a nice touch, and reminds me of an octopus. I can't help but feel that the old bionicle limbs that you used for the legs lat the front ook a bit out of place against the more smooth styled armor on the rest of the MoC.The back is also a little bare though, but I don't think it really detracts much from the whole thing.Anyway I think you did a good job here, and I really do like the creation.
No, a tri-axle actually isn't used; the angle's a little bit larger than 120 degrees.I actually hadn't though of the head being like an octopus beak, but that does seem to fit oddly well when viewed like that, given the eight legs and such.Hmm, guess you're right about the old limbs on the front two legs. I mainly kept them from the old version because of how the easly worked for the right height. I'm not too sure what I can substitute them for, though.Thanks for the reply, though! :)~B~