Chro

Although he was one of the best guardians the OOMN had to offer, Umbra inevitably failed. And so the Order reverse-engineered the Great Being technology that had created Umbra in the first place, improved the flaws of the original work, and created a new protector with the same template.This is Penumbra.00_penumbraposter.jpg ^ click to go to gallery ^MOCpage:http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/339205Gallery:http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=513144With Penumbra, I decided to go for proportions that were slightly off of the normal ones. I also wanted to use the Hau as shoulders, but I couldn't get them to fit how I wanted to, so I put them on the shins as intakes or something. Anyways, tell me what you think! :)

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

That skull in his torso is incredible and I love the technic plates on his shoulders.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

I was wondering when someone would make this pun. Umbra was a far more ironic name, though, in my opinion.As for the model itself? Pretty nice. I liked the use of Chirox's Longsword as a scythe blade, and the miscellaneous masks were nice. Haus might make better shoulder armor (or even just a mask), though, while I'd suggest using Matatus or another 2001 Noble Mask (as they're flatter) for the leg armor. Perhaps a Huna?

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Overall i see thi is a very good MOC, i like that chest design which make him looks really good, the whole MOC itself is really well greebled and detailed, looks really good, those blue armor on the sides of his head somehow make him looks really awesome and manly, and it's been awhile since i see that old styled noble matatu used in MOC so it really give a good lookWeapon, i think is really good, i like that schyte which fits him really well, and the idea of making that bowgun-styled zamor launcher is geniusThere are, however, some part that i think need great improvement, i have two major complain here, first, the belly looks really skinny and too long, perhaps you can fix it, the chest and lower body is already good, and the secong the lower arms needs bulking, the shoulder is already good but the lower arms look small compared to other part of the MOCSome other minor complain that i have is the haus sticks out a bit far if you look it from the side, but again it's just a minor problem, i like that wheeled feetSo overall, it's a really great MOC, awesome job :)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! :)

Great as always, Chro. The scythe, leg design, and colors are all nicely done. A complaint of mine's is that the Haus on the legs make it bulge out a little too much but other than that, awesome job on this!
Hmm, yeah, they do. I couldn't find a way to effectively connect them without sacrificing ankle flexibility, or the Hau sticking out too far.
I have to agree with frozenflash, the Haus do buldge out too much, I would just remove them entirely if I were you, along with the skrall armor directly underneath
Well actually without the Skrall armor the legs are too thin and bare... I felt that it needed armor (hence the Hau), but IMO, the Hau alone wouldn't cut it. So the best way that I found to attach both of them to the legs, LOL.
I was wondering when someone would make this pun. Umbra was a far more ironic name, though, in my opinion.As for the model itself? Pretty nice. I liked the use of Chirox's Longsword as a scythe blade, and the miscellaneous masks were nice. Haus might make better shoulder armor (or even just a mask), though, while I'd suggest using Matatus or another 2001 Noble Mask (as they're flatter) for the leg armor. Perhaps a Huna?
Really? Well the penumbra is the darkest part of the shadow, so for me it was a natural extrapolation, LOL. I agree completely that dual Matatus would've worked better for leg armor. However, within this colorscheme, I only have one Matatu and two Haus, unfortunately. :P
Overall i see thi is a very good MOC, i like that chest design which make him looks really good, the whole MOC itself is really well greebled and detailed, looks really good, those blue armor on the sides of his head somehow make him looks really awesome and manly, and it's been awhile since i see that old styled noble matatu used in MOC so it really give a good lookWeapon, i think is really good, i like that schyte which fits him really well, and the idea of making that bowgun-styled zamor launcher is geniusThere are, however, some part that i think need great improvement, i have two major complain here, first, the belly looks really skinny and too long, perhaps you can fix it, the chest and lower body is already good, and the secong the lower arms needs bulking, the shoulder is already good but the lower arms look small compared to other part of the MOCSome other minor complain that i have is the haus sticks out a bit far if you look it from the side, but again it's just a minor problem, i like that wheeled feetSo overall, it's a really great MOC, awesome job :)
Well, thank you for the thorough feedback! I've thought over and considered your suggestions.I see that you dislike the thin torso and other similar problems. I did intentionally distort the proportions, like I said above, but I understand why they don't necessarily look all that great, LOL.

but their spirits

Really? Well the penumbra is the darkest part of the shadow, so for me it was a natural extrapolation, LOL. I agree completely that dual Matatus would've worked better for leg armor. However, within this colorscheme, I only have one Matatu and two Haus, unfortunately. :P
Actually, the umbra is the darkest part of the shadow, whereas the penumbra is the lighter part of the shadow. Of course, the name'd be quite fitting if he had both Light and Shadow abilities. :PAs far as the leg armor goes... hm. Perhaps you could re-shape the legs so that they're slightly thinner, or re-shape the rest of the legs so that they're wider? You could even use a mask like the Avokhii, assuming you got 2003's Makuta kit. It'd be some nice silver to add to the scheme.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Actually, the umbra is the darkest part of the shadow, whereas the penumbra is the lighter part of the shadow. Of course, the name'd be quite fitting if he had both Light and Shadow abilities. :P
*facepalm*You know, I really shouldn't name a MOC after a word if I don't know its correct meaning. XD
As far as the leg armor goes... hm. Perhaps you could re-shape the legs so that they're slightly thinner, or re-shape the rest of the legs so that they're wider? You could even use a mask like the Avokhii, assuming you got 2003's Makuta kit. It'd be some nice silver to add to the scheme.
Hmm. Good idea, yes. I only have one gold, one sparkly, and one silver Avohkii, but otherwise I might've done that! :) Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Wow. That's awesome. My only niggles are that he lacks anything on his tummy, and those Tahu masks seem very out of place.
Thanks, I know the waist area was kind of thin. I was kind of envisioning air intakes or something like that due to the slats on the sides of the Hau, but I understand the distaste people have for their placement.
niggles
whaaaaat

but their spirits

Very nice. I have always liked the Matatu, and I especially like the Zamor sphere crossbow-thing and the hands. Absolutely splendid, sir.Sincerley, :akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Very nice. I have always liked the Matatu, and I especially like the Zamor sphere crossbow-thing and the hands. Absolutely splendid, sir.Sincerley, :akaku: X-Ray :akaku:
Why thank you! Until you nobody seemed to have noticed the crossbow thing, haha. :lol:Also, 100th post for me! :) Edited by Chro

but their spirits

I have mixed feelings about this MOC. On one hand, I like a lot of the things it has going on structurally, but there are some major letdowns such as its color scheme.First of all, I love the entire upper torso and head area, which fits very well together, as the panel fairings make it look as though he's wearing some sort of cape, and the blocky shape of the Matatu fits in the gap well. The use of the skull was also very ingenious, although the Barraki eye in the center blends in a lot. I wonder how he would look with a red Barraki eye and a red Metru brain stalk. Otherwise, the shoulders also fit in well, and I like the connection for the crossbow on his back.Other bits I particularly like are the lower legs and feet construction, which have a very cool remake of the original Umbra's wheel design, as well as those Haus, which I think fit him well. However (Hau-ever, hurr hurr), I think they should be moved up to his knees, as the placement in the middle of the shins is . . . odd. His hands and staff also have interesting construction. I'm sure I've seen that finger design elsewhere, but it works very well here nevertheless.However, there are some sections which don't seem to work as well. The main one I dislike is the lower torso, where that awesome upper torso somehow transitions into a thin, unarmored stick. I can see many axle connections sticking out in the front, so please put some armor there, as the thinness really doesn't match the rest of his body. The other thing, as I said above, is the color scheme. He's got Metru blue, bley, grey, black, and . . . tan. The latter can be easily fixed, as light grey axle-pins or even blue ones would probably blend in better. Otherwise, I recognize that it's hard to deal with bley and grey together, given that the Kanohi and the Rahkshi thighs are only grey, and the skull and Mata feet are only bley, but substituting a number of one color for black or Metru blue would work a lot better, if possible.Still, in all a creative, unique MOC, which I enjoy a lot. Good job, Chro. :)~B~

It's really good! My only thing is that his abdomen is kind of thin. Okay, it's REALLY thin.
Most definitely. My more recent MOCs have fixed that issue. :)
I have mixed feelings about this MOC. On one hand, I like a lot of the things it has going on structurally, but there are some major letdowns such as its color scheme.First of all, I love the entire upper torso and head area, which fits very well together, as the panel fairings make it look as though he's wearing some sort of cape, and the blocky shape of the Matatu fits in the gap well. The use of the skull was also very ingenious, although the Barraki eye in the center blends in a lot. I wonder how he would look with a red Barraki eye and a red Metru brain stalk. Otherwise, the shoulders also fit in well, and I like the connection for the crossbow on his back.Other bits I particularly like are the lower legs and feet construction, which have a very cool remake of the original Umbra's wheel design, as well as those Haus, which I think fit him well. However (Hau-ever, hurr hurr), I think they should be moved up to his knees, as the placement in the middle of the shins is . . . odd. His hands and staff also have interesting construction. I'm sure I've seen that finger design elsewhere, but it works very well here nevertheless.However, there are some sections which don't seem to work as well. The main one I dislike is the lower torso, where that awesome upper torso somehow transitions into a thin, unarmored stick. I can see many axle connections sticking out in the front, so please put some armor there, as the thinness really doesn't match the rest of his body. The other thing, as I said above, is the color scheme. He's got Metru blue, bley, grey, black, and . . . tan. The latter can be easily fixed, as light grey axle-pins or even blue ones would probably blend in better. Otherwise, I recognize that it's hard to deal with bley and grey together, given that the Kanohi and the Rahkshi thighs are only grey, and the skull and Mata feet are only bley, but substituting a number of one color for black or Metru blue would work a lot better, if possible.Still, in all a creative, unique MOC, which I enjoy a lot. Good job, Chro. :)~B~
Thank you, especially for all the constructive criticism! One thing I'd like to point out is that there actually is more bley aside from the skull and feet; there are quite a few other parts in bley, mostly Technic ones. I was intending for the bley and black to just be background colors, of sorts, as opposed to main parts of the color scheme.

but their spirits