Sea Gates, Kodan, and the Toa Mangai

So I'm doing some research for the Memoirs of the Dead contest an I want to know what a sea gate looks like, how big it is and how you close it (I don't have Time Trap or I would look there).Also, is there any official story on how Kodan dies? In other words, do you see it happen in the books?And what known Toa Mangai are there other than the ones on BS01:http://biosector01.c....php/Toa_Mangai?So yeah...Edit: My question has been answered, someone can close this. Thanks everyone!

Edited by TNT-DJ Vezon

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I don't think we know any of this. No, Kodan's death was never directly told about. We just know Eliminator did it, so presumably his powers could have been involved.I'll have a look at Time Trap though and see if it says anything...Edit:There is a narrow rock ledge bordering it. I see no mention of the size. The gate itself is metal, which (at the one Sentrakh & TSO come through) has been torn wide open. No mention of whether it's two gates with hinges on both sides or a single gate with hinges on one side, or even whether it uses hinges.Pretty sure that's all.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

We don't know any other Toa Mangai other than Lhikan, Nidhiki, Tuyet, and Naho, but we do know that there were four Toa of Ice, and one of the eleven wore a Kakama (excluding Lhikan, Nidhiki, and Tuyet). I always imagined that Kanae, Pala, Kumu, Fau, Motara, Tiro, Leva, and Marn would have been the names of the other Mangai.

I miss BIONICLE.

^ Wait, wasn't it canonized that Naho wore the Kakama?Anyway, is the gate from Mangaia to Metru Nui not a Sea Gate? I always thought it was and that Sea Gates looked like that gate did in MoL. Of course, it's been many years since I even saw MoL, so I'm probably mis-remembering.

Edited by XyzTheDay!
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

^ Wait, wasn't it canonized that Naho wore the Kakama?Anyway, is the gate from Mangaia to Metru Nui not a Sea Gate? I always thought it was and that Sea Gates looked like that gate did in MoL. Of course, it's been many years since I even saw MoL, so I'm probably mis-remembering.
That's a no to both. BS01 lists Naho's mask as unknown, so unless that's out of date, no. And the sea gates went to other domes, as water routes. (And were described as metal). The Mangai gate is a land route, with a superheavy stone door that crumbled into rubble after MOL, and the door had to be lifted anyways so normally it would be closed -- you wouldn't send anyone to close it.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

That's a no to both. BS01 lists Naho's mask as unknown, so unless that's out of date, no. And the sea gates went to other domes, as water routes. (And were described as metal). The Mangai gate is a land route, with a superheavy stone door that crumbled into rubble after MOL, and the door had to be lifted anyways so normally it would be closed -- you wouldn't send anyone to close it.
Ah, okay. I just remember there was a BSS poll on here about Naho's mask and, although I'm not certain how it turned out, I was pretty sure that the Kakama had been confirmed as hers. And as for the gate, well, I guess I've had the wrong idea on that for a while now. :P
coolbroban.png

Hm... I do vaguely remember something about that with the BSS, but only very vaguely. :P It should be easy to check; one of the topics on I believe the first page of the archived S&T (most recent posts) was the BSS archive topic, which should have a link to that.

Hm... I do vaguely remember something about that with the BSS, but only very vaguely. :P It should be easy to check; one of the topics on I believe the first page of the archived S&T (most recent posts) was the BSS archive topic, which should have a link to that.
Well, I managed to locate the poll, and as it turns out it was actually the Mask of Healing that got the most votes to be canonized as Naho's mask. However, I couldn't find any word on whether or not it was actually inducted into the canon.
coolbroban.png

Ah, yes. That would be the downtime, and then Greg not responding to our attempts to determine the team's status. As far as I know he did not approve it, so it's stuck at "now you know which choice was most popular but still non-canon".We can always headcanon it though. :P

Kodan is presumed dead I think. There isn't a scene in which he is shown to die, so you can make it up if you want, or maybe he just disappeared to somewhere. On the gates to Metru Nui, well, I think there were more than one, and the one shown in Time Trap was merely one of them.Which one did you want to use?

There was a contest to decide Naho's mask. Kakama was an option, but Huna was winning by a big margin. The contest was interrupted and unfinished when BZPower went on hiatus lat year.I always thought it was pretty stongly implied that it was not Naho who wore the Kamama. is akways listed like, blahblahblah, and Naho, and someone who wore a Kakama, and blahblahblah,

There was a contest to decide Naho's mask. Kakama was an option, but Huna was winning by a big margin. The contest was interrupted and unfinished when BZPower went on hiatus lat year.
Erm, that's not what Xyz just said:
it was actually the Mask of Healing that got the most votes
This would fit with what you said about it not being Naho with Kakama. :)

Ah, I see.

Kodan is presumed dead I think. There isn't a scene in which he is shown to die, so you can make it up if you want, or maybe he just disappeared to somewhere.
Not sure how accurate this is, but according to a website, he was confirmed to have been killed, and is now on the Red Star.I don't believe it directly says so on Kodan's BS01 page, but on the Chronicler's Staff page, it says that "it was lost when he was killed" by Eliminator.Just throwing it out there. :lol: Edited by bonesiii
Sorry, we can't allow mention of that other site. -bones

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I want to use the same sea gate that Kodan and those 2 toa go to (he will be chronicling the adventure). For some reason, I think of them as a toa of air and a toa of water, not sure why.EDIT: So a sea gate is metal? And the surrounding area is metal?EDIT2: OK that answers it, thankx everyone!

Edited by TNT-DJ Vezon

new_sig_legacy_2.png

• 3 weeks later...

As per Kodan's death, we're not sure. We just know he was a former Chronicler from Metru Nui who has died.And as per the Sea Gates, just openings in the Great Barrier. I imagine they were very large. :lol:

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012