Batman: Arkham City

Leg O'Brick

So who's going to buy B:AC and for what platform? I just bought a pre-order copy from onlive for 50% off. 25 bucks for a brand-new game! The reviews are looking amazing. I think we're definitely looking at a potential GOTY candidate. What's your favorite new feature?

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

I don't have any gaming platforms, so I won't be buying this. However, it looks cool (largely because Kevin Conroy / Batman + Mark Hamill / The Joker =AWESOME!). The ads I've seen make it look fun, too. "Note to self: never visit the carnival on a weekend. That way, you won't have to fight the crowd." That makes me grin every time I see it. "That is not dead which can eternal lie, / And with strange aeons even death may die."

Edited by Great Cthulhu

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I intend on picking up Batman: Arkham Asylum first as it is $30 is cheaper on the wallet then $60. The question is should I buy it before I get ACB, Fallout 3, or Demon's Souls. However Arkham City looks really cool, even though I'm not that big into comics. I will probably pick it up someday when it reaches the $20-$40 price range.

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

Gamer Informer gave it a perfect ten. I've never seen them do that before. I'll probably get it when I have the money/rig capable of playing it.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Gamer Informer gave it a perfect ten. I've never seen them do that before.

Really? This generation alone they have given 10s to Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Uncharted 2 and God Of War 3. But yeah, that ten definitely did increase my interest in the game.

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

Yeah, apparently in addition to Batman, you can play as Catwoman, Nightwing, and even the Joker ( :superfunny: ) Supposedly both Robin and Catwoman get extra missions in DLC...

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I might get this eventually. I'm interested in Arkham Asylum: GOTY Edition on Steam considering that it's only 20 bucks.It's such an acclaimed game, so rather than ask if anyone reccommends it, I'll ask if anyone reccomends AGAINST it. =P

Edited by Ddude the Insane

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

• 2 weeks later...

I requested it for the ol' Birthday so we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I have to admit, I haven't been following it through the development, although largely because I never finished Arkham Asylum. Mainly because I got stuck at the last stealth takedown part. I managed to deal with it yesterday though, and finished the game, so whoopee-doo.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

this wait for the PC version is killing meI want to play it so bad ;_;

I know, me too. But at least they're taking the time to make it extra awesome!

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

Gamer Informer gave it a perfect ten. I've never seen them do that before.

Really? This generation alone they have given 10s to Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Uncharted 2 and God Of War 3. But yeah, that ten definitely did increase my interest in the game.
Don't forget Starcraft II. And yes, this game looks chicken-lickin awesome. It's probably gonna bag a few GOTY awards. Though I'm probably gonna rent the game at first (for Xbox), and then see if I want it. Edited by Superbionicle

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

• 4 weeks later...

Arkham City looks interesting from what I've seen yeah, though like everything, I'll probably wait for the price to drop.

This. In the meantime, I'm going to get Arkham Asylum since it's cheaper. I'm definitely planning on getting some of the DLC after I finish the game. It is at the very least a great candidate for GOTY. Anyone know if it (or Arkham Asylum,) can run on a netbook should I choose to get it for PC? (otherwise I'll just get it for my 360.)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Oh good grief, a Calender Man cameo. I love how they crammed this game full of the most obscure villains.

there's 3 scarecrow items in the whole game, one is the boat by north gotham dock, his mask on top of the building where you get the grapnel boost, and the random number radio frequencies.

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.