Secrets of the Star Continuation

joev14

secrets_of_the_star.jpg

Logo created by me, photos taken from the comic series under fair use. Matoro face done by Fsnorglepuff

As some of you may know, I have recently finished my Continuations of The Powers That Be and The Yesterday Quest. I like to keep my books and chapter lengths about the same as the original chapters, so I refused to go over 12 chapters, and chapters that were longer than 1,800 words. Because of this, I wasn't able to finish the storyline, so I am going to write two more series that finish it up, so here's the first of those, it's called...Secrets Of The Star, it is being dually written with another series called End of the Beginning, a Video Podcast Series. Before reading this, I suggest you read The Powers That Be Continuation and The Yesterday Quest Continuation, as it makes certain events in this story make more sense. PLEASE leave me some feedback, even if it's something simple like "I liked this epic", or "I didn't like this epic."

Chapter 1

Matoro stared around the clearing at the team who had volunteered to go to the Red Star. The rest of the Toa Mahri were there, as well as the Toa Hagah, and the Toa Nuva (with the exception of Lewa), including Takanuva, a Toa of Magnetism named Neurox, a Toa of Plasma named Cirek, and a Toa of Acid named Kyrah, who was the last member Matoro stared around the clearing at the team who had volunteered to go to the Red Star. The rest of the Toa Mahri were there, as well as the Toa Hagah, and the Toa Nuva (with the exception of Lewa), including Takanuva, a Toa of Magnetism named Neurox, a Toa of Plasma named Cirek, a Toa of Acid named Kyrah, who was the last member of the Acid Elementals, and the Ta-Koro Guard, Agni; their leader, Kalama, Keahi, Maglya, and Parko.From New Atero, Ackar; the Prime Glatorian, Ovea; the Second Glatorian, Perditus; the Vehicle Pilot, as well as Noreko and Mania, and an Agori named Crotesius.From New Tajun, Tarix; the veteran warrior and Prime Glatorian, Kiina; the Second Glatorian, Telza; the Vehicle Pilot, Vodar and Iroka, and lastly, Berix; an Agori and friend of Kiina.That made a total of over thirty warriors, hopefully enough to stop the Element Lords. Only two Glatorian, Churio, a retired Glatorian of New Tajun, and Greho, a Fire Tribe warrior who had wounded himself recently, were staying behind to guard the two villages.The ten Glatorian and the two Agori piled into the two Thornatus vehicle piloted by Telza and Perditus, and then set off towards the Valley of the Maze…

Takadox grinned. A few hours ago, he had single-handedly slain Pridak, Ehlek, and Kalmah, and taken over the Dark Hunters, which he had renamed Takadox’s Dark Kingdom.Before him stood Darkness, a Dark Hunter who was assigned to make sure the leader of the Dark hunters knew no fear, and to kill him if he showed any signs of it.Behind him stood Sentrakh; his personal bodyguard, Lariska; the recruiting and training lieutenant, and Eliminator; the execution lieutenant.Takadox waved his hand, and Sentrakh left. Darkness hopped up to his perch at the top of Takadox’s tall chair. Takadox turned to Eliminator and said, “As of now, all Dark Hunters shall be referred to as Kingdominions, that being said, have any members of the Kingdom repeatedly failed any missions recently?”Eliminator and Lariska exchanged astonished looks, a little surprised at how quickly Takadox was filling the role of a well-informed and tactical leader. Eliminator stammered, “Firedracax has failed to his goal for the past three missions.”Takadox replied, “Then you know what to do.”Eliminator nodded, and turned to leave, but Takadox stopped him and added, “Oh, and one more thing, have any members recently disappeared or not returned from missions?”Eliminator replied, “Voporak was sent to retrieve the Mask of Time, but didn’t return. Also, Devastator disappeared during the relocation to our new base.”Takadox nodded, “Alright, carry out your orders, and send in The Recorder.”Eliminator dipped his head in respect, and then left. Takadox turned to Lariska and said, “Ah, we meet again my dear Lariska.”Lariska was taken aback by Takadox’s calm tone, and he continued, “Even though our time together was short back on the voyage to find Makuta Miserix, I liked you the moment I met you.”Lariska was once again taken aback, and Takadox finished, “But before we continue this, tell me, how is the training of our newest members coming?”Lariska stammered, “Well…I recruited three Vortixx, but only one of them was able to pass the test, a female named Fatalla, she fought Charger and was able to beat him. I executed the other two because they attacked me after they failed the test.”Takadox nodded and Lariska continued, “I also recruited a pair of Skakdi who both passed their tests against Lurker and Prototype.”Takadox nodded once more and said, “That will replace the three lost members.”At that very moment, The Recorder entered the room and said, “You called for me sire?”Takadox sighed, “It appears we will have to continue this later my dear.”Lariska nodded and quickly walked out of the room, not bothering to dip her head in the normal respectful fashion, and instead cast confused glances over her shoulder as she went.Takadox turned to The Recorder and said, “Note the following. The Dark Hunters and the League of Six Kingdoms merge, forming Takadox’s Dark Kingdom. The Shadowed One killed under unknown circumstances. The remaining Barraki executed for incompetence.”The Recorder glanced up from his tablet and said, “Anything else my lord?”Takadox shook his head, “no, I must be left alone to consider my new members and give them codenames, as well as assign missions.”The Recorder nodded and left the room, leaving Takadox to himself…

The Dark Hunter known as Devastator lay on the ground, over him stood five black-armored figures. The Dark Hunter shook the stars form his head and looked at the tallest of the beings.The figure wore black armor, with lime colored designs etched into it. He held a buzzsaw-like shield that also had green designs on it, and a strange launcher in his other hand that had fired a spiked projectile that had blown him off his feet. Devastator spoke, “Who…or what…are you?”The being held his buzzsaw shield down to Devastator’s head, and said, “you can call me Venomu; leader of the Skrall.”He activated the blade, and Devastator screamed as his head was disconnected from the rest of his body...

Takadox glanced up at Darkness, who sat at the top of his chair. He watched as four figures, a Vortixx and two Skakdi, as well as Lariska, entered the room. Lariska said, “These are the three recruits I mentioned earlier.”Takadox nodded and said, “I have already come up with codenames for you.”He pointed towards the two Skakdi and continued, “You two shall be called Distracter, and Hunter.”He turned to the Vortixx, “And you shall be called Fatalla.”The three new Kingdominions nodded and left. Lariska was about to follow them, but Takadox stopped her, “Wait.”Lariska grimaced, waiting for Takadox to continue their earlier conversation, but she was relieved when he said, “Tell Eliminator that I want to see him.”She nodded and left, wiping a drop of sweat from her forehead as she went…

Edited by joev14

Chapter 2

Axonn sat in the central room of The Order’s new base. The organization had been subsequently shortened to simply, ‘The Order,” due to no longer being tasked with protecting Mata Nui. The Order was now led by Axonn and Brutaka, due to the death of Toa Helryx at the hands of Toa Tuyet, who had been killed by Axonn moments later to avenge his fallen leader.The Order was a very small group now, consisting of less than twenty members, and was getting smaller. During the takeover by Teridax, an Order member who was known for carrying a multi-bladed axe given to him by Botar in his last moments had been killed by Voporak, and several other members had died in the battle as well. On top of that, the two next highest ranking members, Tobduk and Krukha hadn’t returned form a mission to the southern islands, and were presumed to be dead since they hadn’t returned to the base in several weeks.Axonn looked up as two members of The Order, Zakham and Shadow, entered the room. These two had been tasked with setting off the Volcano on the island of Artidax while the Visorak Horde was there, so the spiders wouldn’t interfere with The Order’s attack on the Makuta.Zakham stepped forward and said, “Sir, Brutaka has requested to speak with you privately in his chamber, it’s extremely urgent.”Axonn got up immediately. Unlike Axonn, Brutaka hadn’t requested a large chamber in the center of the base, instead he had asked for a small simple room on the ground level of the building, just large enough for him to work and assign missions.Axonn followed the two agents down the hall and up a flight of stairs to the ground level of the fortress. The two other Order members turned around and marched back down the hall as Axonn entered the room at the end of the hall.His eyes widened as Axonn stared around the room and took in the scene, at the end of the room stood Brutaka, but what shocked him was a tall figure who lay on the floor; it was Tobduk!The tall Order member lifted his head and said, “Where is Helryx? Axonn, tell me that Brutaka is lying, tell me Helryx isn’t dead!”Axonn shook his head, “I’m sorry my friend, she is not, but tell me, what happened to you?”Tobduk coughed and said, “I guess I’ll have to tell you then.”He wheezed, and Axonn was afraid he would die before explaining, but he forced the words out, “The Makuta live.”Axonn and Brutaka exchanged astonished looks as Tobduk forced himself to continue, “Krukha and I travelled to one of the southern islands near Artidax and found the pool of Antidermis that Helryx spoke of.” He looked up at Axonn with defeated eyes, “But then…Makuta Miserix appeared, along with two other beings, one was a Skakdi, but the other one I didn’t recognize, wherever he walked, things seemed to come alive!”Axonn whispered, “The Cursed One.”Tobduk didn’t seem to hear Axonn, and continued speaking, “We stayed hidden for a while, and watched him create six new Makuta, and then he saw us. He sent the six new Makuta to attack us; Krukha was killed, and I barely managed to escape, I had to warn you, I had to tell you that the Makuta are…”Suddenly he stopped, and his head slumped to the ground. Axonn rushed to his side and said, “Tell us what? Tobduk!”Brutaka said, “It’s too late my friend, he is dead.”Axonn laid the warrior’s head down, and said, “What do you think he was going to tell us?”Brutaka shook his head, “I don’t know, but I hope it was just a small insignificant detail.”But neither of the two Order leaders could believe that was true…

Takadox glanced up as Eliminator entered and he said, “Ah, Eliminator. I assume Firedracax has been properly dealt with?”Eliminator nodded, and Takadox continued, “Good, good. Then I believe it is time to begin assigning missions. I want you to take our new members Hunter and Distracter, as well as Lurker, and hunt down a Vortixx named Roodaka. Several Steltians have offered a reward for her head, and I believe we should take advantage of that offer.”Eliminator nodded and left, and Takadox said, “Plus I really don’t like that Vortixx…”He chuckled as he went back to thinking…

Krakua walked down the street to the main exit of the city of New Atero. He had been involved in the construction and had planned to stay, but a member of the Order had come to him and said he was needed at the new Order base. He had told the other agent he needed a few days before he could leave; the Order agent compromised and said he could have one hour.The Toa of Sonics really disliked the work he did for The Order, but it had to be done in order to protect the newly formed community.He stepped outside the gateway, and a few moments later, a portal opened. Krakua waited for the familiar figure of Brutaka to appear, but instead, a figure clad in metallic white and gray armor stepped out and said, “Toa Krakua, you are needed to stop a great evil.”Before he could object, Krakua was slung over the figure’s shoulder and carried through the portal. The black wavy dimensional gate closed, and the being set Krakua down.The figure spoke, “My name is Zhullo, and I come from a place where several beings have banded together to form a group called the League of Five Kingdoms. These beings, Pridak, Kalmah, Ehlek, Mantax, and Carapar, have obtained another Olmak, the only other one in existence besides my own, and plan to travel to other dimensions and conquer not only our world, but all worlds, even alternate ones.”Krakua spoke up, “But how can I help? I’m just one Toa.”Zhullo turned and made a motion with her hand, and two other Toa entered the room, “you will not be alone. Together, you three Toa can form Spera, Spirit of Hope.”“And,” Zaria added, “We also possess The Vahi, the Mask of Time.”Zhullo nodded, “So go brave young warriors, and save my world, as well as your own in the process.”Zaria and Chiara nodded, and Krakua gave a half nod. He wanted to help, but how could he trust this being? As if in answer, Zaria whispered to him, “He speaks the truth.”Krakua nodded, and there was a bright swirl of colors. A few moments later, the swirling colors merged, forming a tall Toa clad in Blue, Black, and Gunmetal armor, wearing a gunmetal-colored Hau. He dipped his head slightly to Zhullo, and then walked off in the direction of the League’s base…

Edited by joev14

Chapter 3

Insuit used his sword to block as a giant club made of rock came down at him. Even though he successfully blocked the attack, it still sent him flying twenty feet across the battlefield, where he struck the wall and fell; stunned from the force of the blow and the impact with the wall.Venomu lowered his club and said, “You need to learn to dodge. You know I’ll always beat you when it comes to raw strength.”The two of them, as well as three other Skrall, were training in the Voroxian Arena, the place where the Sand Tribe had once lived before regressing to the state they were in now, and abandoning the village.Venomu always beat him; he always beat all his opponents for that matter, but every time he fought his leader, he learned a powerful skill that would help him defeat his real enemies.One of the other Skrall, and elite named Fungo, hopped down from his seat and said, “My turn.”He pulled a massive warhammer from his back, and checked that the Thornax Launcher on his shoulder was loaded. He charged at Venomu, bringing his hammer down towards the Skrall leader. Then, in a flash, Venomu blocked it with his shield. Fungo swung again, this time knocking the shield from his leader’s hand. Venomu ducked as Fungo swung a third time, and he pulled his Thornax Launcher off his back. He fired it right at the elite Skrall, and it was sent up into the sky, where it exploded thanks to a quick block from Fungo’s hammer. The elite Skrall launched his own Thornax, and it struck Venomu in the chest. The Skrall leader fell, and dropped his weapons, and then lay very still.Fungo walked over, and raised his weapon above his head, preparing it bring it down.Suddenly, Venomu’s legs lurched outwards, kicking Fungo’s legs out from underneath him, and toppling him. When the elite Skrall’s vision cleared again, Venomu stood over him, his Thornax Launcher pointed straight at his head. Fungo dipped his head in submitance, and then grabbed his hammer.Venomu spoke in a loud voice so that all four of the other Skrall could hear him, “Never expose your chest to your enemy, even when you think he’s down. If he manages to get up again, even the weakest blow from him will topple you.” Fungo nodded, and Venomu continued, “That’s enough training for today. You are growing stronger, and soon we will be ready to take on the group that captured Roxtus. But we cannot do so if we are tired and hungry; so go, and get us food to fill our bellies with, and then we shall rest.”The other four Skrall nodded, and went off in different directions in search of prey…

Metus let out a strange noise; he still hadn’t gotten completely used to being an Agori again, and he kept feeling a strange urge to hiss, which was starting to annoy his companion, a tall black and green leader-class Skrall named Tuma.The two of them had allied, and together had almost defeated the other four tribes, but had failed, and that had resulted in both of them being exiled to the place they sat now, a cave in the mountain range that lay near the place Iconox had once been, before Metus had given away the location of as secret passage to the Skrall and the Bone Hunters.It was quite humiliating; the tribes were now united, and even stronger than before. Metus needed an edge, something that the Glatorian wouldn’t expect. “Good thing that’s exactly what I have.” Said the ex-Iconox Agori…

Matoro turned as a voice called out, “Bone Hunters!”The Toa Mahri of Ice turned to Kopaka, who zoomed in with his telescopic Kanohi Akaku eye, looking in the direction that an Agori of Water was pointing. Kopaka nodded and said, “I’d say there are at least forty of them.”The Agori, whose name was Berix, said, “That must be every single Roxtus Agori heading towards us!”Kopaka suddenly threw up a wall of ice in front of the three of them, and shouted, “Incoming!”Dozens of Thornax flew at the group. One of them struck Kopaka’s ice wall, but Matoro quickly reinforced it. The black Agori mounted atop rock steeds neared the group.Tarix, the lead Glatorian of Tajun, was the first to clash his own blade with a sword wielded by the lead Bone Hunter. The Prime Glatorian of Tajun jumped up and kicked the Agori off his mount, landing on the back of the steed and steering it around to charge back at the oncoming Bone Hunters.Ovea, the second Glatorian of Vulcanus, activated her two flywheel cannons, and sent two Thornax zooming at top speed into the Bone Hunters’ ranks, toppling two of the rock steeds and forcing several others to halt.The Two Thornatus piloted by Perditus and Telza tore into the ranks of the steeds, ramming into their feet to topple them over.One of the Bone Hunters jumped off his mount and landed on the Thornatus piloted by Telza. The Agori sliced through the cockpit with his blade, and prepared to attack the driver. Telza reached back and grabbed his handheld Thornax Launcher, and fired it at the Bone Hunter, sending him flying off, but not before the Agori could stab his blade into the back wheel of the vehicle, causing it to flip over.Tarix rode through the Bone Hunters, umping from steed to steed, picking off the Agori riders one by one.The Bone Hunters realized they were fighting a battle they could not win, and one of them called for a retreat. The remaining twenty-five Bone Hunters returned their mounts around and rode off, but not before launching all their Thornax at Tarix, who had been separated from the rest of the other Glatorian.Kiina screamed, “No; Tarix!” as a dozen of the Thornax struck him, shattering his armor and knocking him off his mount.Kiina rushed to the fallen warrior’s side, but it was already too late, the warrior was dead. Kiina’s eyes burned with anger as she said, “He will be avenged.”She picked up his sword and put it on her back, and before anyone could stop her, she had jumped up on the back of a riderless rock steed, and charged off in the direction that the Bone Hunters had gone…

Edited by joev14

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 4

Onua stared at the charred and burned remains of wood on the ground. He turned to Crotesius and said, “I thought you said there was a forest here?”Crotesius stared at the ashes and replied, “There was one; something or someone burned it down, and it was recently too.”Pohatu glanced around and spotted a piece of green armor and said, “Look.”The others turned to look at the armor, and Ackar said, “That’s Turak’s helmet. He’s a Glatorian of Tesara.”Tahu glanced at the helmet and said, “Then Lewa and the other people in the village must be on the same track as we are. We have to hurry.”The group hopped up on the remaining Thornatus, and headed off towards the Valley of the Maze once more…

Takadox looked around the chamber. He was inside the basement of his new base, where all The Shadowed One’s old trophies were. The first thing he needed to do was some cleaning up, and it started with the decapitated body of a Toa of Psionics, whose name he learned was Varian.Lariska had told him that the Toa had been slain by The Shadowed One, but based off his records, Takadox suspected Lariska was lying.But why? Takadox thought to himself. What did his lieutenant have to hide from her new leader? Takadox didn’t know the answers to those pressing questions, but he would be on his guard from now on.He was about to leave, but suddenly he noticed something. Embedded in the Toa’s mask was a piece of cloth. He picked it up and studied it for a moment, then closed his fist around it and headed back towards his throne room…

Artakha stood in a hidden room that lay far beneath the newly constructed Archives below New Tajun. Only Turaga Nokama and Turaga Whenua knew of his presence there, and had agreed to keep it a secret from everyone else for his protection.He looked down at the two halves of the Kanohi Shatta, and said, “A Kanohi with the power to locate a weak spot in any object or being. In the hands of evil, it is a weapon that would result in the destruction of the world,”He stared down into the lifeless holes that had once hidden the eyes of an insane rogue Toa of Water named Tuyet, and continued, “But if used for the right reasons,”He paused, and activated his own mask, and slowly began fusing the two halves of the mask back together. His hands shook a little, as he reconstructed a mask that controlled raw destructive power…

Lewa heard a shout from behind and turned, preparing for another attack. A figure clad in green and dark gold armor appeared, and Lewa visibly relaxed and lowered his weapons as he saw that the being was a Toa.Gresh aimed his Thornax Launcher at the Toa, and said, “Don’t move!”The Toa smiled and replied, “No need for that, I am a friend; Iruni, Toa Hagah of Air at your service.”He turned to Lewa and said, “The rest of my team, as well as the rest of yours is only a kio or so behind us.”Lewa’s face brightened as he said, “Reinforcement-helpers?”Iruni nodded, and then said, “Then you’ve heard of the Element Lords’ plot as well then?”Lewa nodded and replied, “Strakk, and exiled Ice Glatorian brought us the news. How did you find-learn about it?”Iruni replied, “Matoro has returned. He was sent by the Great Beings themselves to warn us.”Lewa just stood in stunned silence as the words sank in. Iruni left Lewa to ponder this as he headed back and tell the Toa Nuva of his meeting with Lewa…

Meanwhile, Jaller was pondering the same things as Lewa. The Toa Mahri of Fire had himself experienced death, and had come back from it only thanks to his friend Takua, who had become a Toa of Light soon after Jaller’s death and brought him back to life using the combined powers of the Avohkii and the Kraahkan.Jaller glanced over at the Toa Nuva of Light; Takanuva had always had a stronger bond with the Toa Mahri than he had had with his own team: The Toa Nuva. This was mainly because of his friendship with Jaller.Jaller glanced up as Iruni appeared and began talking with Norik, Boomonga, Tahu, and Kopaka.Tahu gave a nod after the Toa Hagah of Air had finished speaking and they resumed their pace, this time a little bit faster than before.“We must be nearing our destination,” Said Hahli, as she came up beside Jaller.Jaller glanced at her; he has always had feelings for Hahli, though he had mostly kept them to himself. Perhaps, when this was all over, he would reveal his thoughts to her.A few hours later, Jaller understood why they had increased their speed; about a hundred bio in front of them stood a large group of green and white figures with Lewa at the head. But what was even more stunning was what lay behind them, a massive archway. Above it was an inscription in another writing that somehow Jaller had learned to read. The inscription read, “Spirit’s Wish.”Lewa turned and saw Tahu and the others, and soon the two groups merged, several of them greeting their friends as they reunited for the first time since they had exited the Makuta robot.With the help of Onua, who made him a pillar of earth to stand on, Tahu quieted the crowd of Glatorian and Toa, Matoran and Agori alike. Tahu spoke in a voice loud enough for all to hear, “No doubt many of you want to talk to each other, but time is in very short supply. We must go now; the Element Lords could attack at any moment.”As if to back up what he had said, the bright Red Star that shone above them in the sky flickered and glowed a little more dimly than before.The Toa Nuva of Fire pointed towards the archway and said, “Tarduk has explained to me that this gate will teleport us wherever we are needed. Because of the circumstances, I have reason to believe that we are meant to travel to the Red Star.”He raised one of his protosteel swords, and lit it up with a flame and shouted, “So go my brothers, sisters, and friends. For the lives for yourselves and those you love, GO!”A cheer rose up among them, and the massive wave of warriors walked through the gate, disappearing as they stepped through.Soon, only Tahu and Onua remained. Slowly, the Toa Nuva of Earth lowered the pillar back down to the ground and smiled, cracking a joke as Tahu stepped off onto the ground, “Tahu, I always knew you were a down to earth kind of guy.”Tahu laughed, despite the serious situation all of them were in. The two of them headed over to the arch, and Tahu stole one last glance over his shoulder at the planet he now called home. Onua grabbed his arm and said, “Come on brother; you said it yourself that time is short.”Tahu nodded and the two of them walked through the gateway, vanishing as they were teleported elsewhere.If Tahu had taken a second glance, perhaps he would have seen a pair of bright orange eyes behind a jet black Kanohi mask, one that the Toa of Fire would have recognized well.The figure smiled, he had fought Tahu before, and beaten him. If it had been his wish to do so, he could have slain the Toa of Fire, but he had other plans, ones that required the Toa alive to complete.Gripping his blade in his hand, he emerged from his hiding place, sucking in a deep breath as he said, “And now Spherus Magna is left defenseless.”Shadow energy crackled in his hand as he fired a blast, destroying the ancient archway, and leaving the Toa with no way to return…