Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contest

Velox

Could I quickly edit my entry? I just realized I said Keelerahk (green Visorak) instead of Keerahk (white Vahki) *facepalm.* I thought I knew everything about Bionicle!
Sure.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Are the results in, cuz I suppose a week has passed, I'm not wrong amen't I?

They should be, and I'm not surprised if you win.
Nah probably not, I'm a waay to Noobish writer, altough I maybe have small hope for a possible Honorable Mention.

I'm back!

Sorry for the one-day delay, guys. But never fear, the results are here:

Congratulations to The Tolerable Automation, winner of "Surrender or Run" with his story, Hunter's Game!

Honorable mentions go to "A Machine's Philosophy" by Dinobot Pahrak, and "Vahki" by Janus!

Don't forget to enter the OTC FFFC, "Branching Out"!

And once again, thanks to everyone who entered! There were a lot of entries this time, and we're really thankful for that.

newso1.png

Edited by Velox

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for the day's delay; worry not, however, for the deadline will be adjusted accordingly. Without further ado, then:

Theme #5:

canister_ashore_banner.png

A Canister Ashore

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, March 26th.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a BIONICLE story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the March Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"A faint glimmer . . ."

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Quick question, I'm a little in time trouble, can I combine the writing prompt with this contest?

Certainly! Work it into your contest entry in any way your imagination likes!

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

All done! Finally got the opportunity to get an old Alternate Universe idea down. :)

Member: Click

Theme: "A Canister Ashore"

Word Count: 873

Link: Warpath I: Cold Justice

I really am trying to get below that 800 word mark. :lookaround:

Oooo, I think I might do this one.

I must resist the temptation to do the Toa Inika.

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Name: PachacamacTheme: Canister AshoreWord Count: 770Link: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9135/''Fallen Guardian'' Edited by Pachacamac

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I agree. Really puts the "Flash" in "Flash Fiction" :D

Just thought I'd throw together a second entry for no particular reason other than some random ideas bouncing around in my head. I probably have enough in there for a few more, but I'm too much of a procrastinator, and I have homework. At least I got under the word limit this time!

Member Name: Click

Theme: A Canister Ashore

Word Count: 794

Link: New Beginnings

With a slight delay, which by now you may have come to expect, the results are here!

Congratulations to Replicant, winner of "A Canister Ashore" with the story, Rebirth!

Honorable mentions go to "Woe Betide" by Pahrak #0579, and "Message in a Jar" by Legolover-361!

Don't forget to enter the OTC FFFC, "Rebirth"!

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks, as always, to all our wonderful entries! When there are this many entries, it becomes very difficult to judge among them. Well done, everyone!

It was great to participate, fellow writers (and Judges)! I always look forward to the FFFC, as it's the only time I feel motivated to write, and it always has the best suggestions for story theme.

Anyway, looking forward to the next one!

Edited by Replicant

pNNgXax.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Theme #6:

le_koro.png

The Village

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, April 22nd.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a BIONICLE story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the April Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"A new dawn"

Member name: SilverglassTheme: The VillageWord-count: 992Link: Remnant(Note: Small edit. Meant to write "the Agori tribes in the South," not West. Got my own fan-fic notes mixed up, eh heh.)

Edited by Silverglass

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

...What exactly does COT stand for?

COT stands for the Completely Off-Topic forum. OTC stands for Off-Topic Culture, the newly created forum for non-LEGO creative work (artwork, stories, RPGs, etc.) that were previously simply placed in the COT forum, but now have their own forum.

newso1.png

Edited by Velox