Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contest

Velox

Woa it appears I, in my tiredness, copied only half of the story, I assume I can paste the rest?

Generally you're not supposed to edit after the deadline, so thank you for asking. But certainly, as long as you're only adding the remainder of the story, you're welcome to fix that. I can forgive a mistake.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

So, can we know who won this time?(please?)

I'm not sure what you mean. Nuile posted the results of the last contest in this post. There may be a slight delay, but the results will always be posted.

newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Alas, yes, the results are late, and that's my fault. Timely or not, however, you will always get your winners:

Congratulations to Pahrak #0579, who has won "The Village" with his story, Bond of Heresy!

Honorable mention goes to Silverglass and his story, "Remnant."

Thanks to everyone who entered! The next party's started over in OTC with our new theme, "The Queens"!

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

• 2 weeks later...

The forums are back online. We now return to your regularly-scheduled FFFC.

Theme #7:

trial_by_fire.png

Trial by Fire

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, May 21st.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a BIONICLE story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the May-April Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"A new dawn"

Edited by The Novelist Called Nuile

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for the delay. In honor of Memorial Day I decided to postpone judging an extra week, until Monday, June 3rd, when the winners of "Trial by Fire" will be announced and a new contest will be launched in OTC! Thank you for your patience and enjoy your weekend!

And results!

Congratulations to Pahrak #0579, who has won "Trial by Fire" with his story, Averted Trial!

Honorable mention goes to ///Dotcom///'s "Maybe in Time."

Thanks to everyone who entered! Next up we have a new OTC contest, "Sunset"!

• 2 weeks later...

Fishing, like writing, is a subtle art. It requires dexterity and patience. It takes a steady hand and a steadfast mind. And this week, they both share something else in common: They both require fish.

Theme #8:

this_looks_fishy.png

WRITE A STORY ABOUT A FISH

HELLOOOOOOOOOO FELLOW HUMANS!This challenge will test your limits as a writer! You will be forced to push the boundaries of humour and tragedy in an emotional rollercoaster of a story with this latest and greatest OFFICIAL AMBAGAGE WRITING CHALLENGE for your brain!The challenge is twofold:FIRST, WRITE A STORY ABOUT A FISH.But not just any fish! This must be...A BIONICLE FISH.HALIBUT DO NOT COUNT. SHARKS DO NOT COUNT. CARP IS JUST RIGHT OUT. THIS MUST BE A BIONICLE FISH.Second, and this is imperative! Your story must not be under twelve words long. If it is under this mandatory limit it probably doesn't belong in the library, unless it's an adorable haiku or poem or just a great story anyways. Put it in your signature if you're not sure about it.YOUR MISSION, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, BEGINS NOW.

carplurking.png(yes this is actually a carp but don't tell the staff)

Ladies and gentleman and even the not-so-gentle, rev your pencils, loosen your ties, take a long walk on a short pier, and prepare for a dive! It is a daunting task allotted to you and you may not all come back alive. You might even get your paper wet. And if you're averse to intense action, graphic violence, or mild language--then that's good, because we are too.

No, this is not a late April Fools' prank. This is no joke. This is a competition. This is to be taken seriously. Or as seriously as you can take it.

And remember this: I will not tolerate any carp from anybody. It must be a BIONICLE fish.

For the next week, let's emphasize the fun of the writing experience, the joy of putting pen to paper, that we so often overlook. So get out there; get fishing; get writing; and just enjoy yourself.

But you're still going to be judged. Critically. And severely. No pressure.

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, June 24th.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a BIONICLE story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the June Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"It's a magical world . . ."

Well, you say sharks are out. Does that mean I can't use Takea?

I'm pretty sure Micah's point was that real-life fish don't count; halibut, shark, carp--anything that's real doesn't count; any Bionicle fish does count. But either way, even if that wasn't Micah's point, yes, you can use Takea. You can't use real-life sharks, but you can use Bionicle ones.

Also, keep in mind that all the usual FFFC rules still apply--12 is not the required word count; this is an FFFC, and therefore follows the rules listed in the first post. We're just using Micah's contest as the theme.

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Well, you say sharks are out. Does that mean I can't use Takea?

I'm pretty sure Micah's point was that real-life fish don't count; halibut, shark, carp--anything that's real doesn't count; any Bionicle fish does count. But either way, even if that wasn't Micah's point, yes, you can use Takea. You can't use real-life sharks, but you can use Bionicle ones.

Also, keep in mind that all the usual FFFC rules still apply--12 is not the required word count; this is an FFFC, and therefore follows the rules listed in the first post. We're just using Micah's contest as the theme.

I never actually mentioned the name of the actual rahi in my SS(I just called it a fish), but it is a Bionicle fish and its set in the MU. Does that still count?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I never actually mentioned the name of the actual rahi in my SS(I just called it a fish), but it is a Bionicle fish and its set in the MU. Does that still count?

Non-canon fish are fine, even if you don't want to name it. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a fish exactly--Venom Eels, Razor Whales, Lightfish are all fair game, though none of these are technically fish.As an example, in my original entry, I wrote about an unnamed, vaguely described sea monster that may or may not have been a whale. So as long as your "fish" is a biomechanical aquatic creature, it counts.