Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contest

Velox

I never actually mentioned the name of the actual rahi in my SS(I just called it a fish), but it is a Bionicle fish and its set in the MU. Does that still count?

Non-canon fish are fine, even if you don't want to name it. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a fish exactly--Venom Eels, Razor Whales, Lightfish are all fair game, though none of these are technically fish.As an example, in my original entry, I wrote about an unnamed, vaguely described sea monster that may or may not have been a whale. So as long as your "fish" is a biomechanical aquatic creature, it counts.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

Thanks. I was a little worried there for a moment XD

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I kinda have this thing for last-minute entries.

So my story isn't "about a fish," per se, but the main character is fishing throughout the course of the story. Hope that's acceptable.Member: BaltarcTheme: WRITE A STORY ABOUT A FISHWord Count: 508Link: Home

Q2TtLEz.png

Congratulations to SonicBOOM XS, who has won "Fish" with his story, Trouble with Takea!

Honorable mentions go to Baltarc's "Home" and Tikiturbo's "Life" this week.

Your regularly-scheduled OTC FFFC will be postponed for a week or a few. I'm sure that you, like the rest of us, are busy writing for the Flash Fiction Marathan. Right?

Edited by The Novelist Called Nuile

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, now we're waiting on the monster contest. Once that's over, the FFFCs will be starting again. Keep your eyes open, and in the meantime, don't forget to keep up with the monster contest. Voting will probably be starting soon.

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

• 2 months later...

Attention previous entrants: Unfortunately I have no way of tracking down the entries lost during the downtime, so I'll have to ask you to post your stories and submission forms again. Preferably by the deadline, but if you miss by a few days we'll forgive you. Thanks!

Theme #10:

rising.png

Rise

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, November 4th.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a BIONICLE story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the October Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"They'll see in time . . ."

And don't forget to enter the Library competition, Fall!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Baltarc, winner of "Rise" with his story, The Kal!

Honorable mention goes to Click's "As the Sand Rises"

Pahrak, Baltarc, Click, excellent job; this must have been the closest FFFC we've had yet. Picking one story above the others was tough! Thank you for entering so regularly, and for giving us your best for our tenth theme. Congratulations!

Our next competition starts this Monday, November 18th. Keep your eyes peeled!

Theme #11:

now_only_five.png

Now Only Five

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, November 25th.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a BIONICLE story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, just for fun because achievements really aren't worth much, keep in mind the October - November Writing Prompt:"They'll see in time . . ."

Until I realized what the background picture was, I thought this was a reference to five days until MLP:FiM's Season 3 premier.

I also might actually enter this one, just because it sounds cool.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Until I realized what the background picture was, I thought this was a reference to five days until MLP:FiM's Season 3 premier.

:lookaround:

Wait, this is posted in the Bionicle forum but must be a COT story?

Good to know some people actually read the whole post. =P Good catch! Fixed.

Member: Nuile

Theme: Now Only Five

Word Count: 562

Story: Stung

Please don't make me the only entrant. That would be awkward. You know the feeling? Like in class you're the only one who raises your hand, or worse, the only one who doesn't? Or somebody tries to start a wave at a shuffleboard tournament and you're the only one who waves? Don't make me that person.

If you don't quite make the deadline, don't worry, we'll forgive you this once if you're a couple hours or a couple days late.

If you don't quite make the deadline, don't worry, we'll forgive you this once if you're a couple hours or a couple days late.

I hate to be the one to ask, but...how many days late exactly? :P

EDIT: Regardless, I managed to pull together something.

Member: Pahrak #0579

Theme: Now Only Five

Word Count: 649

Story: Cheatsheet

Edited by Pahrak #0579

Congratulations to Legolover-361, winner of "Now Only Five" with his story, The Innocent, the Victim

Good work all around! We'll see you back in the Library in two weeks. Can't live that long without an FFFC? Our current OTC competition just started with a dreadfully dreary theme.

• 2 months later...

BZP Administration has noticed an unfortunate trend of site members bringing up Ambage drama and disputes on the forums and causing trouble for the staff. This has been going on for quite some time now and it is high time that it stopped. Due to the escalating seriousness of these issues and the history of related difficulties with the Ambage, I am hereby shutting the topic and the Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contests down.

This brings me no pleasure to do, but this is our policy and I ask that you understand this decision.

Topic closed.

Edited by Hahli Husky