Great and horrible decisions characters made

My question to you S&T goers is this, what was (or were) the best decision(s) made by Bionicle characters and what was (or were) some of the worst decisions made by Bionicle characters?Best: The Skrall observing their enemies tactics to improve and beat them. WinWorst: Teridax not killing Miserix when he had nothing but opportunities to do so, Teridax is a giant robot that is the universe why not crush all resistance that doesn't maintain your survival. FailSo what do think S&T goers?

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

For Miserix, I believe Krika saved him without Teridax's knowledge. Once Teridax was aware Miserix was alive and free, he disabled him pretty quickly.~B~
Woops, I meant he didn't kill Miserix when he was a giant robot who killed a Dark Hunter with the dirt underneath his feet. I will concede he didn't know Miserix was alive and couldn't kill him, but I really think he shoud've assigned someone like Gorast or Vamprah seeing as that they would have probably liked nothing more than to kill Miserix.

Worst -- still gotta go with not looking up. :P Teridax. And going evil to begin with, but of course fiction needs villains, heh.Best -- Hm, lotta candidates. A good way to start is at the start, and Toa finally deciding to work together is up there. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The best decision? Besides Matoro sacrificing himself, it's probably Jaller sacrificing himself to save Takua. If it weren't for him, Takanuva will never exsist. The worst desision? Telluris mindlessly charging into Annona. Seriously, that's probably the worst thing you can do when facing Annona.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Worst: Carapar charging in to attack Tren Krom. Not the smartest move ever...Best: Teridax actually using the Nuva's destiny to complete his plan for universal reign. That was a very smart move on his part IMO.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Best? Almost everything Teridax did. He was, after all, a universal mastermind. :lol:(Obviously not best for the universe, but best for himself.)And worst? There are plenty. Charging into ridiculously slanted fights without a moment's notice, the Makuta betraying their original purpose (but as Bones said, they need villains)... I'm going to have to go with the events leading to the entire Core War. It could have been resolved more diplomatically and it resulted in pretty much the entire storyline as we know it.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

There were a lot of good decisions, I can't really pick the best. Teridax's use of the Toa to complete his plan, Matoro putting on the Ignika, and Raanu entrusting the Prototype Robot/new Agori city to Mata Nui rank among the top, in my opinion.As for the worst decision (for the character's own well-being), I'd have to say Teridax throwing the Ignika with Mata Nui's spirit in it away carelessly instead of destroying it. There's really no excuse for that kind of negligence.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Best decision? There are a lot of candidates for this, but I think that Jaller taking the future Inika to Voya Nui was one of the smartest decisions he could have made. After all, this set up for Matoro's famous sacrifice...As for the worst... no contest, it has to be Teridax not paying attention. Nevermind that you're a giant robot packed with more sensors than planet Earth, you just had to ignore the huge chunk of moon falling on you. At least look up next time!

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Worst: Mata Nui not paying attention to his insides. That's just asking for trouble. The guys who took advantage of it were probably not making the best decision ever, but it was an already established parameter of that universe that evil happens, if it wasn't the Makuta, it would probably be something else, and the only remedy for that is to watch for it and mitigate it before it gets out of control. Thus, not a good move. Best: Mata Nui actually helping the native people with their problems. When a giant robot is incoming with the intent on destroying you, it is nice to have allies, no matter how puny (And if they happen to have an additional Giant Robot in the desert, your prospects just got brighter :)).

Best: How about Teridax getting cocky and getting defeated.Worst, it might just have been Teridax getting cocky if only he had leaned "arrogance can topple giants."I guess it depends on how you look at it.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

Worst: Well, everyone's already mentioned either Telluris or Carapar trying to kill something infinitely more powerful then they were, so I'm gonna go with Teridax not looking up. :PBest decision: There have been many out there, but I think that one of the best is the Great Beings creating the Element Lords to rule in their stead. And thus, the story of BIONICLE came into being. :)signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

As for the worst decision (for the character's own well-being), I'd have to say Teridax throwing the Ignika with Mata Nui's spirit in it away carelessly instead of destroying it. There's really no excuse for that kind of negligence.
As I said in another topic, he had no choice. (I'm a bit surprised people have forgotten this one.) If you destroy it, everything inside you turns alive and it's horrific chaos, etc. It was much smarter to exile it and then later try to destroy the planet it's on with a black hole while you flee. And he had to draw Mata Nui's spirit into the Ignika to do the switcheroo. Once in, he couldn't kill him there.And there was the safeguard countdown, so he had to get the mask away, couldn't just throw it in a prison. The story was crystal clear about this.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As for the worst decision (for the character's own well-being), I'd have to say Teridax throwing the Ignika with Mata Nui's spirit in it away carelessly instead of destroying it. There's really no excuse for that kind of negligence.
As I said in another topic, he had no choice. (I'm a bit surprised people have forgotten this one.) If you destroy it, everything inside you turns alive and it's horrific chaos, etc. It was much smarter to exile it and then later try to destroy the planet it's on with a black hole while you flee. And he had to draw Mata Nui's spirit into the Ignika to do the switcheroo. Once in, he couldn't kill him there.And there was the safeguard countdown, so he had to get the mask away, couldn't just throw it in a prison. The story was crystal clear about this.
Oh, forcing Mata Nui's spirit into the mask and ejecting it was the right move. But then he ignored it, assuming it would be destroyed or lost forever in space. I think if it was destroyed outside the Matoran Universe, it wouldn't affect him, so he should have destroyed it when he had the chance. Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I don't see them mentioned having been skimmed through the topic, so I'm going to draw some attention to the decisions made in Web of Shadows.Worst: Vakama breaking the Toa seal. If he could have seen the next 1000 years, he might have rethought that.Best: Matau in general in Web of Shadows, particularly his choice to go directly after Vakama, rather than taking on thousands of visorak.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Worst: Vakama breaking the Toa seal. If he could have seen the next 1000 years, he might have rethought that.
I think the film makers were trying to create irony in this, but in the end that decision was ultimately stupid. In all fairness he might not have known that Roodaka had the heart piece but it was still stupid of him to that.

Best: Mata Nui mooning Teridax.
The image this creates at first is nothing short of hilarious. Please excuse me, everyone, for imagining Teridax stunned by a view of the Prototype Robot's... ah... posterior.As far as more oustanding decisions: I would say that the Mask of Life choosing to sacrifice its individuality is fairly high-ranked. On the other end of the scale, we have the Toa Mata splitting up when searching for masks (because we know how that ended up). And again, after the Bohrok invasion (mid-2002, before the Kal strike). And again, before the Rahkshi attack. As Whenua might ask... did the Mata learn nothing from their past? Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Worst: Vakama breaking the Toa seal. If he could have seen the next 1000 years, he might have rethought that.
That is, assuming that Mata Nui could have fixed Spherus Magna on his own. The GBs thought there needed to be two giant robots there to do it. If there actually did need to be two, then that would actually rank as one of the better decisions of Bionicle, because it allowed Mata Nui to power up the prototype, and, in conjunction with an unwilling ally, fix the planet. And really? With no Makuta up on the island of Mata Nui, the place would truly be a paradise. The Matoran would sit around enjoying their 1000 year break from work. The Toa Mata would have floated out in the ocean, because Takua wouldn't summon them, because the Matoran didn't need saving from anything. Maybe eventually something would happen, but it would take longer and be more messy, and it's unlikely you'd be able to pull the proven fighters that saved Mata Nui's life out of it. More immediately, if you don't do that, what are you going to do with Roodaka? I think Vakama decided at that point it was easier dealing with Teridax than her. (And really, from Vakama's perspective, it was. All Teridax did was try to blast him with a shadow hand,steal the mask of time, and destroy things. Roodaka had actually turned him against his teammates. )So I think Vakama actually made a good decision there. Maybe he didn't fully realize it at the time, but he did.

Best: Probably Mata Nui who finally kills Makuta.Worst: So much of these. Telluris' stupid death, Carapar's stupid death, Makuta's stupid death, Alternate Tuyet's stupid death, Takanuva locking the Creature out of the Silver City believing it was evil and getting locked out by the Kestora...

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

Here's something I'm seeing a lot of in this topic that I think deserves some attention.A good decision is not a decision that turned out for the best, despite the character doing the deciding having no idea what it would lead to.For something to be a good decision in my mind, they had to know what they were doing was the best option based on what information they had at the time. It may not work out they way they had hoped, but it was still a good decision at the time.For example, in The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet, Tuyet and the Nui Stone were falling from a great height, and Lhikan had to chose which one to catch. Catching Tuyet and leaving the Nui Stone to be shattered was a good decision because he recognised that the power granted by the Nui Stone was enough to corrupt almost anybody, and people who posessed such power could easily use it to cause much harm. It cannot be justified as a good decision based on the reasoning that it put events on a course that would eventually lead to the reformation of Spherus Magna, because Lhikan had no idea about that when he made a decision.Nidhiki's choice to betry Metru-Nui to the Dark Hunters was a bad choice even though it lead to his being absorbed by Teridax during the great Cataclysm and interfering with his mind enough to allow Vakama to win the fight at the Great Barrier and then go on to rescue all of Metru-Nui's Matoran from Teridax's plans.To answer the original question, the best was Vakama going back for the mask of time and the worst was Spiriah's trying to experiment on the Skakdi. Boy did that one backfire horribly.

ppg2.png

Here's something I'm seeing a lot of in this topic that I think deserves some attention.A good decision is not a decision that turned out for the best, despite the character doing the deciding having no idea what it would lead to.For something to be a good decision in my mind, they had to know what they were doing was the best option based on what information they had at the time. It may not work out they way they had hoped, but it was still a good decision at the time.For example, in The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet, Tuyet and the Nui Stone were falling from a great height, and Lhikan had to chose which one to catch. Catching Tuyet and leaving the Nui Stone to be shattered was a good decision because he recognised that the power granted by the Nui Stone was enough to corrupt almost anybody, and people who posessed such power could easily use it to cause much harm. It cannot be justified as a good decision based on the reasoning that it put events on a course that would eventually lead to the reformation of Spherus Magna, because Lhikan had no idea about that when he made a decision.Nidhiki's choice to betry Metru-Nui to the Dark Hunters was a bad choice even though it lead to his being absorbed by Teridax during the great Cataclysm and interfering with his mind enough to allow Vakama to win the fight at the Great Barrier and then go on to rescue all of Metru-Nui's Matoran from Teridax's plans.To answer the original question, the best was Vakama going back for the mask of time and the worst was Spiriah's trying to experiment on the Skakdi. Boy did that one backfire horribly.
Given the information that Spiriah had at the time, would he have any chance of knowing that his experiment would result in what it did?

He wasn't -- it was because it was such a failure on a massive scale that he became an exile. That said, he definitely shouldn't have tried it, knowing he wasn't talented at it.

To gain more respect, yes. And he probably did want to takeover, but so did most of them, and we don't know that he planned to betray Teridax. He probably saw that as one possible stepping stone in advancement, and maybe long down the road he might make a move for leader. But the Brotherhood did want successful experiments in general, as without them they could not advance or hold their power in the MU.

It was a pretty bad decision for the Matoran Jaller, Matoro, Kongu, Nuparu, Hahli and Hewkii to keep going after Takanuva encountered a barrier he couldn't get through. I mean a light-repulsing barrier is not going to lead anywhere good - in fact they'd already passed the corpse of a Toa - and Karzahni is pretty much the worst place for a Matoran to end up. Sure, they were destined to go that way in order to become Toa, but they had no idea of that at the time, so from their perspective it wasn't a good decision.I also actually think Teridax trapping Mata Nui's spirit inside the Ignika and flinging it into space was a good decision. I mean, space is huge. The odds of it landing on the one planet in the whole universe relevant to bringing about Teridax's destruction must be astronomically low. The only better method of removing it, and this option probably wasn't available to Teridax because he wasn't used to/didn't have this power: teleport the mask into another dimension.

It was a pretty bad decision for the Matoran Jaller, Matoro, Kongu, Nuparu, Hahli and Hewkii to keep going after Takanuva encountered a barrier he couldn't get through. I mean a light-repulsing barrier is not going to lead anywhere good - in fact they'd already passed the corpse of a Toa - and Karzahni is pretty much the worst place for a Matoran to end up. Sure, they were destined to go that way in order to become Toa, but they had no idea of that at the time, so from their perspective it wasn't a good decision.
The universe was going to die -- that they knew (or thought they knew anyways) from Dume, so staying behind wouldn't have been any better really.

This is my say:Best thing: Lhikan sacraficing himself so that Toa Metru Vakama could gain confidence in himself.Worst thing: Between Vakama becoming overconfident and Metus making Mata Nui mad.-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Oh, forcing Mata Nui's spirit into the mask and ejecting it was the right move. But then he ignored it, assuming it would be destroyed or lost forever in space. I think if it was destroyed outside the Matoran Universe, it wouldn't affect him, so he should have destroyed it when he had the chance.
I think a lot of Makuta's worst moves were just shows of his arrogance, like keeping Miserix alive as a picture.And I think of a Dr. Evil quote regarding thrusting Mata Nui out of the universe: "Yes, I'm just going to place him in an easily escapable situation and assume everything goes to plan. Something wrong there?"

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Oh, forcing Mata Nui's spirit into the mask and ejecting it was the right move. But then he ignored it, assuming it would be destroyed or lost forever in space. I think if it was destroyed outside the Matoran Universe, it wouldn't affect him, so he should have destroyed it when he had the chance.
I think a lot of Makuta's worst moves were just shows of his arrogance, like keeping Miserix alive as a picture.And I think of a Dr. Evil quote regarding thrusting Mata Nui out of the universe: "Yes, I'm just going to place him in an easily escapable situation and assume everything goes to plan. Something wrong there?"
Somehow I missed that post... lemme belatedly reply.Basically, how could he safely destroy the Ignika immediately? Does he know how far a range the effect it would unleash has? He did not ignore it. He "settled disagreement" within him, kinda like when he absorbed Nidhiki and Krekka but on a vast scale, and when he felt confident in his abilities he immediately went out to destroy it.He did not assume it would be lost or destroyed. The story clearly showed otherwise. Certainly he would have liked it to be destroyed, but I don't see how it could be lost. It's alive and has power over life, and self-motion, as seen at the end of 2006, beginning of 2007, so it wouldn't be lost. Likely he knew it would go to Bara Magna. And what really would destroy it?Anyways, to Master Inika, it's possible it was to show arrogance, but I really don't get that vibe. Miserix really couldn't do anything significant against him, and he might be more valuable alive than dead. Perhaps the choice to try to kill them later by teleporting them into space was a bit overconfident, though. There might have been surer ways to kill them. (Not really sure.)

Worst: Teridax killing himself with rocks.Worst: Teridax, the dude with the sleek, powerful body not destroying the malfunctioning, pitiful excuse for Mata Nui sooner and losing.Worst: Tuyet for losing to a toa of fire and a toa of air when she had the Nui Stone in use.(Why is it that when certain villains obtain the upper hand, they lose?).Botar: Dying via rock. The Lorax, oh great and wise ruler of twigs, has pointed out I was wrong in one small detail in Botar's death. My apologies.Botar: Going near a giant rock at the time of death. (I sense a pattern... It probably doesn't exist at all, but dang it, I'm going to make it work! XD)Botar's replacement: Not dying via rockVisorak: Worshiping a shiny, giant rock that led them to their doom. (Death and giant rocks. Coincidence? Such masterful foreshadowing). (Edit: Dear Lorax: Giant is a relative term, and seeing as the particle size of their shiny overlord was greater than that of Earth, I consider it to be giant due to the most annoying technicality in all of the Bionicle universe. XP) Makuta: Failure to defeat one simple, angsty, rookie toa in a one on one match for a super powerful and influential mask (He had so many chances to destroy Vakama when Lhikan was on his death bed. He should've taken that moment to remove that variable and then search for the mask, which I have no doubt he could have done).Makuta: Absorbing two incompetent Dark Hunters. You are what you eat, Terry. Consume incompetence and you wind up flattened by a giant rock... Happens in all of the health videos we've watched in Jr. High... He probably should've absorbed that angsty toa guy; he's good at manipulating those sorts of strings. Vakama: Forging the Mask of Time. It only led to disaster. D=Best: Lewa going to Le-Koro alone and getting captured on two separate occasions. It totally came in handy both times.

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of the Breeze

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing