Charged Weapons

Jowm

Alright, so here's my question. I'm wondering how weapons in Bionicle that possess powers aquire those powers. For instance, Karzahni gave power-charged weapons to many if not all of the matoran he repaired and sent away from his land, how did he charge them?

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

I've never heard the phrase "power-charged" or its equivalents with anything but the original state of the Glatorian weapons. I think you're mistaken on that. Tools or weapons in the Matoran Universe with any inherent power have them just like Kanoka disks or masks do; protodermic powers, other than the channeling power of Toa Tools.BS01 says nothing about charging up the powers:

To compensate for his inability to properly repair the Matoran, he gave each of them weapons.
That's from the Karzahni page. Here's the same basic thing from Balta's Repellers page:
given to him by Karzahni thousands of years ago
So, pretty sure they're inherent to the material of the weapon just like other such weapons. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

That's... actually an intruiging question. Hadn't really thought of it... I just assumed most characters have the innate ability to manifest power.- Heir
In some cases, like Toa using Toa tools, that is the case, however, in instances such as my example with the tools Karzahni gave the matoran who came to his realm, the tools themselves possessed power, and Bonesiii explained that quite well. Edited by Jowm

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

Think of it this way. You hook up a lightbulb to a piece of copper. Then you hook it up to copper wire and a power source. See the difference?
And think back to Island of Doom, where it was established that it took something out of Dalu to use those pulse bolts. Some sort of energy. Like using mask powers, only Matoran could use them.