Matoran Traits & Such -- Plasma?

Plasma Questions  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NOTE: Although this was originally started as a Story Squad project, fan-canonization is not at this time being done due to Greg's situation. So these polls are (for now at least) merely for curiosity's sake -- what are the most popular of the suggestions that were made?Source post compiled by fishers64, suggestions by many BZPers. Quotes of original suggestion posts included there.fishers' summary:

Plasmatoran (missing prefix, elemental trait, and preferred environment )Suggestions:Prefix: Xe-Matoran, Plas-Matoran, Pa-Matoran, Io-Matoran, Sol-MatoranElemental Trait: Resistance to heat greater than Ta-Matoran, protective eye power to avoid being blinded by plasma, making bodies glow with heat, “more energetic”, resistance to light, solar batteries (absorbing sunlight for strength)Preferred Environment: [MU machinery involving plasma], tops of volcanoes
The fanon Expanded Multiverse will likely adopt whatever is chosen in these polls as EM-canon, subject to final call by Swert and myself. (In the case of prefix, the previously established ones, if different, may be considered alternates.) I would also suggest that fans consider treating the winners as "headcanon" to use in fanfics, though ultimately such decisions are up to each fanfic writer.Note: Plasmatoran is a fan pun-nickname, not meant to be taken as canon.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I have no opinion on the prefix for plasma Matoran.For some strange reason I have always thought their elemental trait would be that their vision expands into the infrared part of the spectrum. I can't really explain why, I just do.And I would think they would live in a desert or a similarly desolate place.

I voted Pa-Matoran and bodies glowing with heat. I selected other in the locaton poll, beause I think they should live in empty natural underground chambers and canyons that once held pools of lava and such.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I like Yo-Matoran personally.Hm... I really don't know about the traits. I guess more energy? Greater heat resistence than Ta-Matoran would make SENSE but yeah...As for where they live, I actually think near Plasma conduits or generators within Mata-Nui's body or something would be the best place for them. I'm almost seeing them live around places that look almost like miniature stars.

Edited by Superkid11

I voted Io- (Just sounds good, and it's already EM established), Blinding Light Protection (just works, and sounds more logical than some), but I have no idea where they would live. Somewhere Plasma is utilized in the MU robot, no idea where. I just don't like "tops of volcanoes" anymore.

I personally think that they should be referred to as Io-Matoran. Remember the super-heated volcanic moon of Jupiter, Io? Plus, Io does sound very plasma-like. Failing that, I'd like to see Sol-Matoran as a secondary prefix or the like.Blinding resistance works. I can imagine Io-Toa or Turaga being utilized as welders in conjunction with, say, Toa of Iron to make incredible weapons, and natural resistance to blinding makes sense without infringing upon Fire's trait.Environment... I voted "other." I would imagine that with blinding resistance, they would be designed by the GBs to live in very bright, energy-intensive areas, such as secondary power cores or something. This could fall into the "MU machinery," though. Outside of the MU, I imagine that they'd live in a desert or other hot, desolate area.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I think for Pa-Matoran (Yes, I voted for that) their habitat should be near areas where Ta-matoran and Lightning matoran live, since both fire and lightning are a form of plasma... or in MU speak, plasma is a huge factor in the process of 'making' fire and lightning.Oh yes, I couldn't vote for an elemental trait listed on the poll because non of them really jump out at me.

Edited by VeoiTheRascal
sherlock4.jpeg

I'm not sure what their preferred environment should be. Maybe none.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I really like Xe-Matoran, and having the maintain plasma-based machinery makes sense, but I was torn between blinding resistance and radiating heat. The former seemed more like Av-Matoran territiory, though, so I eventually went with the other."Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Not happy with any of these prefixes, so once again I picked "other". To be honest I was never too fond of most of the Bohrok-Kal powers being Matoran elements; Lightning was the only one I really ever liked since it feels like a traditional element. Later Matoran powers I took a liking to include plantlife and iron.Finding good root words for a Matoran prefix related to plasma is hard, since plasma is so rarely encountered outside scientific contexts. It'd be nice to find a name related to some language's word for "halo" or "corona", though neither "ha" nor "co" makes a good Matoran prefix.I also picked "eye protection" as a special trait and "other" for location, since I didn't like either option (plasma-related machinery is perhaps a bit too literal and specific, whereas volcanoes have nothing to do with plasma other than being hot and glowy).

I could've sworn I'd heard Ev-Matoran used somewhere. Voted for Pa anyway.I also kinda like the idea of Pa-Matoran being overall more energetic beings. None of the others seem fitting to me for some reason.I've got no specific location in mind, however... maybe areas with more engines and other machinery, like some people have suggested. Not really sure.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I voted "other" for the prefix. A friend of mine once gave them the non-canon nickname "Yo-Matoran", and I think that sounds better than the other suggestions. (Plas-Matoran? Really?)
It's a joke option. See, it's like plasma and matoran, but it's plas-matoran. Seriously, that is fun to type.Anyway, I voted for plas-, bright light resistance and the tops of volcanoes. I kinda want to change that to 'other' now, but I don't know what that 'other' would be. Edited by High Voltage

I voted for Sol just because I like it (and people using the first few letters of the actually english word is always a pet peeve of mine; I mean, there are no Fi-Matoran or Wa-Matoran).Eye Protection: It seemed to me the most unique and the one that's about as strong as regular Matoran powers. Plasma Machinery: In my opinion, volcanoes are a bit too Ta-Matoran, and the MU is a mechanical place.-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

• 4 weeks later...

I personal prefer Sol as a prefix (Sol = Sun = Plasma), just because it makes the most sense to me. I'd like to keep heat resistance as a Ta-Matoran ability, just for the sake of variety. While protection against bright light seems like an ability that Matoran could have, it seems more light-related then plasma-related. I find having their bodies glow with heat more plasma-like then eye protection.The location was a bit hard to decide on, but I suppose the top of a volcano would be one of the hottest places there.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -