Matoran Traits & Such -- Plants?

Plants Questions  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NOTE: Although this was originally started as a Story Squad project, fan-canonization is not at this time being done due to Greg's situation. So these polls are (for now at least) merely for curiosity's sake -- what are the most popular of the suggestions that were made?Source post compiled by fishers64, suggestions by many BZPers. Quotes of original suggestion posts included there.fishers' summary:

Matoran of the Green (missing prefix and elemental trait )Suggestions:For Prefix: Bo-Matoran, Gre-Matoran, Vi-MatoranFor elemental trait: skills in cultivating plants, natural affinity for plants, causing plants to grow when around, enhanced reflexes, plant life growing in armor, enhanced senses, ability to manipulate plants (crossbreeding, etc), ability to tell things about plants like whether they are poisonous.
The fanon Expanded Multiverse will likely adopt whatever is chosen in these polls as EM-canon, subject to final call by Swert and myself. (In the case of prefix, the previously established ones, if different, may be considered alternates.) I would also suggest that fans consider treating the winners as "headcanon" to use in fanfics, though ultimately such decisions are up to each fanfic writer.Note: It is well-established already that the term "Green Thumb" is very popular for trait, however the exact definition of this term has never been universally agreed-on, so this poll is sort of to try to pin that down, though if you don't like the term that's fine too. If anyone has further thoughts on that you may offer them here in addition to the actual poll questions.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Vi- and other.I think perhaps photosynthesis, or immunity to any kind of plant derived poison. Like Poison Ivy from Batman.
Likewise. Any of those abilities would work, but I think photosynthesis tops all of them."Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Photosynthesis is impossible even for Toa of Plants, guys. ;) (Of course, that's still possible for fanfics, but we're taking a "would work for canon" approach here.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I have no opinion of the prefix for Matoran of plants.I would have liked if they could do photosynthesis but that has already been denied in the past. I don't think any of the suggested ideas work either. The elemental trait has to be something that fits in the with already established traits like extra strength. Skill or knowledge don't seem to fit with the trend. Enhanced reflexes or senses make the most sense to me out the of suggested ideas. But I would say something like they can see some forms of ultraviolet light or maybe just have one sense enhanced like De-Matoran have really good hearing. So to cut this short I would have to say I have no idea.

I'm not too keen on any of the three given prefixes; they don't flow too well with me. Sadly I don't have any other suggestion that could be used.I voted for simple skill t cultivating plants, because anything else seems more like a special power or learned ability to me.

I'd say Pu-Matoran or Pua-Matoran, both being connected with various Polynesian terms for flowers, and "skill at cultivating plants". They are the Earth Ponies of the BIONICLE universe! And besides, a "green thumb" ability really is the ability connected most closely with the element that still ends up sounding like a natural talent/skill (much like increased strength, limited night vision, or the ability to hold one's breath) rather than something superhuman and otherworldly.

• 3 weeks later...

When is the winner decided?

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I wasn't really planning on officially closing the polls at any point if that's what you're asking. I'd give it at least another month before being sure of the leaders now being the most popular. (And I guess we'll wait till at least then for EM-canon too.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm late to the party, but isn't Bo- already the "canon" one? I mean, that's what the BIONICLE wikia and BS01 say at least...

Takametru007, please make sure you check the date of the last post in a topic before replying. The last post in this topic was made in December of 2012 - almost four years ago. Quoted from the S&T Rules Topic:

6. No topic revival past 60 days since the latest post. The official topics are exempt from this and may be revived at any time.

Side note: the prefix Bo- was not canonized until February 2013, and this topic was made in October 2012, so it predates the canonization. ;)

Topic closed.

• Upvote 1