Waterfall through the Southern Continent?

So, I was thinking about BIONICLE as I always do, when I thought of something. Voya Nui is part of the southern continent. It is also part of the roof of Karda Nui. When it blasted up in the Great Cataclysm, it created a hole in the MU. This hole created a waterfall from the Black Water in Karda Nui. When the cord linking Mahri Nui to Voya Nui was shattered, the island went back to its place in the southern continent. So I have two questions.1) Was there a giant waterfall going through the southern continent for 1000 years?2) Was there starting to be flooding when Voya Nui went back to the southern continent? Or did the Staff of Artahka fix that?

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Yes, there was a waterfall flowing from the hole Voya Nui made in the sky and into the hole Voya Nui left in the continent. I don't think the Southern Continent would flood from it, because all the water went down through the hole and into Karda Nui (which of course hadn't been completely flooded yet).

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Yes, there was a waterfall flowing from the hole Voya Nui made in the sky and into the hole Voya Nui left in the continent. I don't think the Southern Continent would flood from it, because all the water went down through the hole and into Karda Nui (which of course hadn't been completely flooded yet).
Totaly agree with you

I'm back!

This is actually confirmed by Downfall: Matoro is described as pursuing Voya Nui through a hole in the seafloor and into a cavern, and he can still breathe (as he was a water-breather when he died) because he's in a waterfall. He then manages to shoot past Voya Nui just before it slams down to the floor.As for the waterfall itself... why else would there be the Swamp of Secrets?

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I think the issue was that we don't know how anyone on the Southern Continent reacted to the gaping hole in their land and sky, with a waterfall running through it. I mean, someone had to have noticed that.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I think the issue was that we don't know how anyone on the Southern Continent reacted to the gaping hole in their land and sky, with a waterfall running through it. I mean, someone had to have noticed that.
The Southern Continent is a fairly huge place, and there weren't many inhabitants overall. It's possible that few other Matoran lived near Voya Nui before the Cataclysm.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

The Southern Continent is a fairly huge place, and there weren't many inhabitants overall. It's possible that few other Matoran lived near Voya Nui before the Cataclysm.
That's most likely what happened. Either way, matoran living in a certain radius of where it was most likely died when it was ripped out of the continent.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

They wouldn't notice the waterfall because the area near Voya-nui was isolated seeing as Karzanhi sent the badly repaired Matoran that area so no would find his handy work.

Edited by Power of Fire

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all." Tahu

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran will honor!"-Vakama

"Fear is the state of mind in which we will cause our own failures."-Me

" You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."- Harvey Dent

That's most likely what happened. Either way, matoran living in a certain radius of where it was most likely died when it was ripped out of the continent.
If they had noticed, would it have changed much in terms of story?

If they had noticed, would it have changed much in terms of story?
Maybe not really, but still, people would start wondering if there was a giant hole in what you thought was your sky.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

It would probably be odd to see a giant waterfall coming from the sky and into a giant hole in the ground. And somehow I don't think that nobody noticed, regardless of how sparsely populated the continent was.
True.
Maybe not really, but still, people would start wondering if there was a giant hole in what you thought was your sky.
Well, they had just gone through a cataclysmic earthquake, so the sky falling right after the earth shaking might not have been too much of a stretch for them to believe. Mata Nui was asleep...just a lot of wrong things were going on then. What was a waterfall compared to all that?

I agree. We know the Southern Continent was relatively sparsely populated, and the Voya Nui region must have been remote enough for Karzanhi to consider the Matoran he sent there hidden from the rest of the world. But that sky dome covers the whole continent, so a waterfall the size of Voya Nui -- bigger than any waterfall on Earth -- should have been visible for a great distance. I agree that it being noticed wouldn't have impacted the story much, and that they'd just go along with it being part of the bizarre cataclysm their world experienced.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Huh. Good point, TNT-DJ Vezon, and I misunderstood you. Voya Nui fell back through the hole in the sky it left and into the hole it left in the Southern Continent, but how did the hole in the sky get fixed? I don't see how the Staff of Artakha could have fixed it before the island returned, because the hole and the waterfall were still there at that time, for the island and Matoro to descend through. Maybe Voya Nui did get hit by the waterfall for a little while after returning to its proper place, and the staff soon fixed that? Voya Nui would have been flooded anyway during its descent (the caves the Matoran hid in must have been sealed) so it wouldn't make much of a difference if the hole in the sky wasn't fixed right away.

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Aha, here's a useful quote:"And when your fellow heroes sever the cord hat binds Voya Nui to Mahri Nui, it too will be restored to where it belongs and the hole it made sealed behind it." - Helryx, Toa Nuva Blog (not named in that story)The staff was indeed activated before Voya Nui reentered the universe (but I think very shortly before), and apparently had a delayed effect to seal the hole when that happened. Convenient. Thanks, Toa Temporal.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Aha, here's a useful quote:"And when your fellow heroes sever the cord hat binds Voya Nui to Mahri Nui, it too will be restored to where it belongs and the hole it made sealed behind it." - Helryx, Toa Nuva Blog (not named in that story)The staff was indeed activated before Voya Nui reentered the universe (but I think very shortly before), and apparently had a delayed effect to seal the hole when that happened. Convenient. Thanks, Toa Temporal.
Thanks I knew that because I was wondering about that before but when I read it, problem solved :)Sorry I didn't have time to find the exact quote

I'm back!

Well they could be, but 'sealed behind it' makes me think they mean sealing the hole in the sky once it passes back through.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, we can rule out that Makuta Mutran underwent a generous relief effort.
What do you mean?
I think he was kidding.
Yeah, it as mentioned somewhere that Mutran was the Makuta of that area, and he payed very little attention to it.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

What do you mean?
I think he was kidding.
Yeah, it as mentioned somewhere that Mutran was the Makuta of that area, and he payed very little attention to it.
And he paid quite dearly for his laziness and inattention, seeing as he ended up in the Karda Nui swamp below. :lol:

What do you mean?
I think he was kidding.
And he paid quite dearly for his laziness and inattention, seeing as he ended up in the Karda Nui swamp below. :lol:
"I mean, how long can it take Mutran to do something about that hole in the sky?""Well, he is in Karda Nui.""What? Since when?"

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!