Legends of Chima Discussion

Meiko

This will be a discussion topic for all things Legends of Chima besides the TV series. Discussion for the TV series goes here.All your Chima reference needs are available on The Chima Wiki.I found this preliminary image on cache.lego.com suggesting a possible Gorilla clan:Teaser_08.jpg

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Found these shared on another forum:6023021.jpg6022237.jpg6022295.jpg6022276.jpg6019984.jpg6022547.jpg6022552.jpg6022558.jpg6022568.jpgI have to say, seeing such a good image of the actual pieces, those heads look even cooler than before.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Ah, I was wondering when those'd show up here. Pretty neat, I like the shaping of the heads... the eagle head bothers me a bit; it's mostly okay, except for the wing-ear things.
Good point. I looks a bit more falcon-ish. If they made it in red they could make a minifig of Furno 3.0 from Hero Factory. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Wow. Those heads are awesome, and toe printing. I can't remember the last minifig I saw with toe printing was. Very nice find Aanchir! Also, since you are the expert on LEGO colors, what color is the eagle's head?

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Wow. Those heads are awesome, and toe printing. I can't remember the last minifig I saw with toe printing was. Very nice find Aanchir! Also, since you are the expert on LEGO colors, what color is the eagle's head?
Light Royal Blue (Bricklink's Bright Light Blue). Same color as NRG Zane. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Today is a very happy day:I found the official release date for LEGO Legends of Chima! December 26, 2012. My source on this is the French LEGO Club website.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Today is a very happy day:I found the official release date for LEGO Legends of Chima! December 26, 2012. My source on this is the French LEGO Club website.
Well, the official release date in France. Sets show up at different times worldwide. For instance, Galaxy Squad sets have already started showing up in some parts of Canada.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I wonder when the TV series will start.
I believe there's a separate topic for that somewhere. Media forum, perhaps? Probably best to discuss that over there. :lol:
Yeah, I saw that, my bad.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Looking at the newly found high-res images to find that one character in the Crocodile Clan's name is "Crug". All I can say is, I hope his motto is: "I didn't choose the Crug life. The Crug life chose me." :P

I'm not sure if I'd be able to link to the high res images of the Chima sets here, but they technically are official. I'll check BZPower's spoiler policy again, but the majority of them are on The Chima Wiki, because they cleared TCW's spoiler policy.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Looks like there will be some exciting promotions at US and Canada LEGO Brand Stores in January:

US-January-Store-Calendar---large.jpg

I'm excited to see what the poster is of. If it is anything like the artwork at the top of the calendar, I'm totally gonna get my hands on some of them.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LEGO has confirmed the gorilla tribe! We still don't have character names for them, however.LEGO also has confirmed Chima constraction sets and Chima board games for late 2013.And Chima is predicted to do better than Ninjago. That's nice. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

New Chima books:Origins: A Starter Handbook512cC02hvEL._SS500_.jpgChapter Book #1: Attack of the Crocodiles51SH9ZMRcNL._SS500_.jpgChapter Book #2: Beware of the Wolves51A7WINaBYL._SS500_.jpgLions vs. Crocodiles81JqSfRebdL._SS500_.jpg(image links to high-resolution version)Eagles vs. Wolves81fdRve%2BRbL._SS500_.jpg(image links to high-resolution version)Art direction for this theme is looking just as good as Ninjago's! Not creating a new article for these books in Media Discussion just yet because I figure that can wait until the books are out and we can discuss more than the cover design and titles.

Awesome finds Aanchir! Dang. I think I'll get all of these. I've certainly gotten a lot better at speaking and reading German since the Ninjago German books came out in 2011. ^^

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

oh i hadn't seen the topic for this before

huh

anyway

totally stoked for these, even though i only want two or three sets. the eagle jet especially. the birds and their vehicles are the real highlights of this theme, IMO. honestly, i think the lions look kind of dumb =/ it's the hair, methinks.

but still, the line as a whole looks really fantastic. can't wait to get me some Chima =D

overlordsukapon.png

Wow, those books look like nice! They're going to be written by Greg, right?

Well, the starter handbook is written by Tracey West, an author who mostly writes novelizations and other licensed books (he's written Pokémon novelizations, for instance). I don't have the highest opinion of his writing, but that's OK because really this is just a handbook, and chances are it'll be chock-full of illustrations that more than justify its cost (plus, free poster).The other books are most likely written by Greg, since we know that he's writing for some new 2013 theme, and Chima is the only one we know to be getting a major multimedia push like Ninjago and BIONICLE had previously.

Wow, those books look like nice! They're going to be written by Greg, right?

Well, the starter handbook is written by Tracey West, an author who mostly writes novelizations and other licensed books (he's written Pokémon novelizations, for instance). I don't have the highest opinion of his writing, but that's OK because really this is just a handbook, and chances are it'll be chock-full of illustrations that more than justify its cost (plus, free poster).The other books are most likely written by Greg, since we know that he's writing for some new 2013 theme, and Chima is the only one we know to be getting a major multimedia push like Ninjago and BIONICLE had previously.

Alright, thanks. :)

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Chima looks promising. It looks like a series that will have a fair amount of awesome sets, but also a lot that are mediocre so I won't need to strain my wallet any more than necessary. Which is maybe not good?Like I said on the TV show discussion, I think the lions have stupid faces, but only because they have stupidfaces. I don't think it's the hair. They just kind of suck. That removes the incentive to buy quite a few sets, so that's good. (It's just a shame that most of the lion themed sets also have crocodiles, who are AWESOME)The wolves look just okay. The crocs are fantastic but mostly come with lions so what do. (Buy the large boat, is what. Or I would, if I thought I could spare the money for it.)What really interests me are the eagles and crows. Birds are awesome, and these are some awesome minifigures that actually look like extra epic versions of animals. (Unlike the lions, who, again, look stupid) Also their vehicles kick tailfeathers. And the crows are basically pirates, so yeah, they're awesome. I'm planning on buying basically all of them. (Except ones with land vehicles. Why they would give a land vehicle to an eagle is beyond me.)I wish there were more female furrypeople though. (For gender equality, not, a furry thing) I think there's only one of two from the few pictures on the eBay? And it's just an eagle, which is cool because eagles, but still.

AXKP5KC.png

Chima looks promising. It looks like a series that will have a fair amount of awesome sets, but also a lot that are mediocre so I won't need to strain my wallet any more than necessary. Which is maybe not good?Like I said on the TV show discussion, I think the lions have stupid faces, but only because they have stupidfaces. I don't think it's the hair. They just kind of suck. That removes the incentive to buy quite a few sets, so that's good. (It's just a shame that most of the lion themed sets also have crocodiles, who are AWESOME)The wolves look just okay. The crocs are fantastic but mostly come with lions so what do. (Buy the large boat, is what. Or I would, if I thought I could spare the money for it.)What really interests me are the eagles and crows. Birds are awesome, and these are some awesome minifigures that actually look like extra epic versions of animals. (Unlike the lions, who, again, look stupid) Also their vehicles kick tailfeathers. And the crows are basically pirates, so yeah, they're awesome. I'm planning on buying basically all of them. (Except ones with land vehicles. Why they would give a land vehicle to an eagle is beyond me.)I wish there were more female furrypeople though. (For gender equality, not, a furry thing) I think there's only one of two from the few pictures on the eBay? And it's just an eagle, which is cool because eagles, but still.

There's at least one female eagle (might be two, since there's one we haven't seen any really good pictures of) and one female crocodile in the first wave. There might be more female characters in future waves, though personally I'm not going to be too demanding because this theme has already got more diversity of female characters than the typical play theme.

There's at least one female eagle (might be two, since there's one we haven't seen any really good pictures of) and one female crocodile in the first wave. There might be more female characters in future waves, though personally I'm not going to be too demanding because this theme has already got more diversity of female characters than the typical play theme.

Eris is the female eagle I know of, and Crooler is the female crocodile. I'm sure there are more. I just haven't looked as closely.

Also, they are ravens. Not crows. Similar, I know, but still. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Jan/Feb 2013 LEGO CLub magazine. In addition to a cool poster that folds out of the cover, there was a LoChima comic. It has some bios that provide new info. Time will tell how accurate it is, but basically:-Eris thinks she's funny. She isn't that funny.-Laval used to be best friends with Cragger. The crocodiles are the ones who turned eeveel.-Razar is a haggler and a thief. Apparently the ravens only joined the crocs because they were offered lots of Chi, but they'd consider turning sides if the lions offered more.-Worriz is a terrible person and plans to betray Cragger. Also he is apparently a cannibal. (His quote is "I like lions, I really do. They're...delicious")-Cragger took control of the crocodile tribe after his parents disappeared. Crooler is his twin sister.Again not too sure if that's all true. Crominus looks to be the real croc leader, but this says Cragger so idek. Other than that it all makes sense.

AXKP5KC.png

Hey guys just a heads up:

Go to a LEGO Brand Store on January 16th and attend the LEGO Club Meeting, and you'll receiver a free Chima poster, Chima T-shirt, and participate in a Speedor competition. (While supplies last)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Again not too sure if that's all true. Crominus looks to be the real croc leader, but this says Cragger so idek. Other than that it all makes sense.

----- I'm thinking that Cragger will usurp Crominus at some point, ala Skales and Slithraa, but you never know.
I don't think so actually. Crominus has been leading the tribe for a long time, seeing as he was the one who wanted control over the chi and originally started the war against the lion tribe way back when. I'm actually thinking that Cragger is a prince/Crominus's son.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Chima website is now live. Bios of note:

Crominus is the Crocodile King and Cragger's father. His wife is Queen Crunket. A tough and fiercely-protective leader, Crominus could not stand the Lions but he always respected them. Unlike his son, Crominus ruled with logic and common sense, instead of emotion. He realized that fighting always hurts BOTH sides. He was by no means a pacifist, but he was definitely more pragmatic than his hot-headed son.

Cragger was always an extremely-competitive kid. He lived for the rush of victory. Laval actually liked that about him when they first met, and the two became best friends at a very young age. At the time, both cared only about adventure, fun, and the occasional prank. Cragger challenged Laval’s Lion sense of propriety, and Laval had a way of getting Cragger to laugh at himself – no small feat given Cragger’s oversized ego. But everything changed when Cragger had his first taste of Chi. There are strict rules about how old one must be to use Chi, and Cragger was far too young to handle its awesome power. For Cragger, Chi gave him that sense of ultimate power he had always been seeking. He never completely recovered from the experience. This was the beginning of the end for Laval and Cragger, as well as Chima’s thousand-year Age of Peace.

Video trailer also reveals a rhino minifig. Rhino tribe appearance?

From the second TV advert...

Laval drops his Chi.

"My Chi!"

Video trailer also reveals a rhino minifig. Rhino tribe appearance?

You don't know how much I'd want that.

However, I have the feeling that there'll just be a lot of other animal tribes as background characters that don't make it into sets, like in Thundercats.

Hmm. Just watched the music video (can't say I like it very much) and I was pleasantly surprised to see a significant appearance by the gorillas.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

There are also bears.

Also Laval and Cragger were friends. That's so adorable.

Here's your Rhinos in HD if you guys missed.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick