Fastcar800

TRON began in 1982 when the orginal move, "TRON" was released. Later in 2010, a sequal called "TRON Legacy" came out. In 2012, a new series on Disney XD was released under the title "TRON Uprising". Another movie will be released soon. For now, its working title is "TR3N". Disucss these movies and shows here! :D

Edited by Makaru

virux4.5-500.jpg

:kaukau: Judging by how my username a year ago was Tron Paul, I think it's safe to say that I like the franchise. In fact, it's something I will argue over. Something about the simple love of sci-fi reminds me of Star Wars. Meanwhile, I did like the new one just as much as the original. I'm fine with them changing it, since the original was about reveling in the sheer fun of the fantasy that you can create with such a world. Personally, I hope that they use some more worldbuilding in the third one, though. The one thing that I had a problem with in Legacy wasn't the story, but the limited scope. I wanted the Grid to be a big place, and I wanted some of that Lord of the Rings thrill of playing around in that giant sandbox, but the camera was kept up pretty tight on the characters most of the time. It still felt like Star Wars at point, though, so there at least another huge element of fun.

Overall, I love this brand of sci-fi. You might call it overrated, and maybe it is, but the brand is still cool and something I would like to see more of. I'm proud to have watched the original TRON before the sequel came out.

• 2 weeks later...