Parallel Universes

So if Spherus Magna was reformed in the main universe does that mean the same thing happened in the parallel universe?Take the Toa Empire universe, now that Tuyet is gone, would the empire still last? Would the Toa still be corrupt? And if they all migrated to Spherus Magna would the Toa Empire be enemies with the Glatorian as they tried to conquer them?We know this wasn't the case with the Kingdom universe since they couldn't save the Great Spirit and created the Kingdom on the island of Mata Nui. With Mata Nui dead there would be no giant robot and no battle to fuse Spherus Magna back together.

Before you read the rest of this comment, please note that this is just my understanding, my own theories, so take it all with a grain of salt.Okay. I'd say that the re-forming of Spherus Magna came as a result of a series of very specific events in the main timeline. The parallel universes, as far as I know, were parallel (pretty much the same) to a point, which obviously varies between different realities, until certain things caused each to diverge. As you said, take the Empire of Toa reality, for example. After the events of that reality diverged from those of the main timeline, everything went to s*** there- almost all (if not all) events after that point were totally different. Sure, there's a possibility that a totally different specific string of events leads eventually to the same outcome, but I seriously doubt that that'd happen.Overall I can't say there's a pattern- it's more set in "reality-specific" scenarios (there's probably a better term for that), where the outcome for each reality almost always changes for each different parallel universe you are discussing.How much sense did that make? :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

From what we've seen, there's not really any indication that events in one universe affect/correspond to events in another save when dimensional travel between them is explicitly involved. So how those other universes wound up is anyone's guess.As Chro said, it's possible Spherus Magna could be reformed in those other universes, but it would require a different set of events, since the "path" to reformation the main universe took no longer exists in those parallel universes.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Hmm, well, Dark Mirror did say that with the fall of the Toa Empire, there was a chance the Makuta would seize power. Of course, with some of the Toa Mata dead, Teridax might have not been able to carry out the same plan as he did in the main universe.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Since the Toa Empire didn't affect Mata Nui, he could've been able to reform Spherus Magna. Then the Toa Empire would've tried to conquer SM, and Marendar would stop them and become a hero.Or, with the war that had begun towards the end of Dark Mirror, the Mask Of Life would've turned black and killed everyone, including Mata Nui, and he wouldn't've been able to do it.So basically, I don't know. :P

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

So if Spherus Magna was reformed in the main universe does that mean the same thing happened in the parallel universe?
The parallel universe? As far as I know, there's no single matching universe. You may be confusing "parallel" (meaning the major events are basically the same through all time or a large segment of time) with "alternate" (meaning inherently different in any way, whether mostly parallel or not, which is the canon term), and meant plural?I'm sure there are some "Altaverses" or Altacosmoses as I call them in which SM was reformed, others in which it was not. :)But the general rule would be "no." Any of the extremely different universes you see are the ones in which destiny was thwarted. It allegedly cannot be (with some possible exceptions) in the Core Dimension, probably by definition because the one we see as the Core is the one in which destiny always worked. At every choice fork, there is an alternate dimension in which destiny failed. Thus, alternate universes are likely to be ones in which destiny's more important goals failed, and this becomes more likely the farther away you get from the Core Dimension.Also, SM's fusion depended on a lot of things all going right, so the number of dimensions with it working should be "small", though this is relative.That said, destiny is highly adaptive, so there should be several classes of universes that end with SM's fusion and/or other major good goals.For one, those altaverses closest to the Core Dimension should mostly end in success. These are the ones in which only tiny changes were made that had no major impact and would be too boring for the most part to bother telling stories about canonically.Further away, there should be some in which destiny found a variety of clever workarounds for major setbacks.And even further away, there should be some in which entirely alternate methods were used from the getgo that also led to success, like the Melding.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Since the Toa Empire didn't affect Mata Nui, he could've been able to reform Spherus Magna. Then the Toa Empire would've tried to conquer SM, and Marendar would stop them and become a hero.
That depends on if Mata Nui would have been able to reform SM on his own. We don't know that he could, without another robot's help.
Or, with the war that had begun towards the end of Dark Mirror, the Mask Of Life would've turned black and killed everyone, including Mata Nui, and he wouldn't've been able to do it.So basically, I don't know. :P
It didn't start doing that when the League of Six Kingdoms were in power. Such tyranny didn't wreck the universe beyond repair, so the Mask didn't care.

The parallel universe? As far as I know, there's no single matching universe. You may be confusing "parallel" (meaning the major events are basically the same through all time or a large segment of time) with "alternate" (meaning inherently different in any way, whether mostly parallel or not, which is the canon term), and meant plural?I'm sure there are some "Altaverses" or Altacosmoses as I call them in which SM was reformed, others in which it was not. :)But the general rule would be "no." Any of the extremely different universes you see are the ones in which destiny was thwarted. It allegedly cannot be (with some possible exceptions) in the Core Dimension, probably by definition because the one we see as the Core is the one in which destiny always worked. At every choice fork, there is an alternate dimension in which destiny failed. Thus, alternate universes are likely to be ones in which destiny's more important goals failed, and this becomes more likely the farther away you get from the Core Dimension.Also, SM's fusion depended on a lot of things all going right, so the number of dimensions with it working should be "small", though this is relative.That said, destiny is highly adaptive, so there should be several classes of universes that end with SM's fusion and/or other major good goals.For one, those altaverses closest to the Core Dimension should mostly end in success. These are the ones in which only tiny changes were made that had no major impact and would be too boring for the most part to bother telling stories about canonically.Further away, there should be some in which destiny found a variety of clever workarounds for major setbacks.And even further away, there should be some in which entirely alternate methods were used from the getgo that also led to success, like the Melding.
Yeah I meant the plural version. [a site] lists them as parallel universes so that's what I went with. Let's think about this a bit, I'm mostly interested in the Toa Empire universe currently.Once Tuyet is dead it is possible that Teridax would try his plan. In the end it could wind up having events similar to the ones that fused SM back together in the core universe. When Takanuva traveled to that universe Matoro had already saved Mata Nui's life. So does that mean this happened in the Empire universe as well? Or was Mata Nui never dying in that one?Marendar would try to stop them that is XD. The reason I have these questions is I'm thinking about writing an epic about the Toa Empire coming to SM and trying to take over, and battling Marendar for sure. Edited by bonesiii
Sorry, we can't mention that site here. -bones

As for the kingdom this is my idea: The spaceship works and they migrate to sherus magna ==> The Mu beings discover the plans of the GB's and create with combined efforts a gravitational pull strong enough to reconstruct Spherus Magna and they live happily ever after :)

I'm back!

There shouldn't be any rivalry between Bionicle fansites.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Guys, let's stay on-topic. The site links to forums; that's why it can't be mentioned. :)No I don't really have much more on-topic to add. :P Other than, keep in mind that Greg confirmed that most alternate universes have multiple "things that were chosen differently" that can pile up, so it's not necessarily just "everything else is the same other than this."This makes it difficult to be sure about the other details that weren't mentioned in the canon sources for those altaverses. We can't just assume it's all the same as the Core Dimension.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Parallel universe aren't the same like that. What happens in one doesn't mean the same in other. Take the dimension Mazeka travelled to. Spherus Magna had already been fixed but in the MU it hadn't. Or the one that Vezon got stuck in (really testing my knowledge right now).And for example, in The Kingdom Universe, I doubt Spherus Magna will be fixed at all because the Mata Nui robot is dead (I wonder how Teridax could fulfill his duty then to restore Spherus Magna in that universe.....?)

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan