Basically, say which alignment you think bionicle or hero factory charaters belong to. If you're not familiar with the D&D alignment system, it's a 3x3 grid with the axes of lawful to chaotic and good to evilHere are my opinions on some of them:Order of Mata Nui: Lawful NeutralHeldryx: Lawful NeutralAxxon: Lawful GoodMazeka: Chaotic GoodBrotherhood of Makuta: Neutral EvilGorast: Chaotic EvilTeridax: Neutral EvilAntroz: Lawful EvilKrika: True NeutralDark Hunters: True NeutralTSO: True NeutralNidhiki: Neutral EvilKrekka: Chaotic StupidThanks to Black Six for moving this!

Edited by caligulasAquarium

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

I like to think about this, too. I agree with most of what you said. However, I think the overall alignment of the Dark Hunters would be Evil. Some of them could probably be called Neutral, and a few like Mimic and Phantom could possibly be called Good. The Shadowed One is definitely Evil, and I'd put him under lawful as well. Nidhiki turned out a bad guy, but I would never consider him more evil than TSO. I'm not sure what to call Krekka. He's a villain, but I can't tell how much of what he does is out of malice and how much is because the Dark Hunters are like his family. Also, I'm not sure I would classify him and Gorast as Chaotic, because of their fanatical dedication to their leaders. That might not keep them from being Chaotic, however.As for other characters, Jaller and Takua is an excellent example of Lawful Good vs Chaotic Good.

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Actually I'd call Helryx Chaotic Good.The Skrall are Lawful Evil, Ahkmou Chaotic Neutral, and the Bone Hunters Neutral Evil. They're some of my contributions.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Naw, Ahkmou would be Neutral Evil.And Krika seems to tend towards evil slightly.Bone Hunters seem slightly towards Chaotic, looting, pillaging maybe?Jaller is Lawful Good, Matoro and maybe Kongu seem to have enough flaws to be Neutral Good.The OoMN seem together a bit more towards Chaotic Good, mostly because of Helryx and the such likess.Takua does not seem Chaotic. Chaotic Good would be like the rebellious warrior who goes against his Prince's orders. Like a Maverick. He seems like Neutral Good, but only when as Takua. When as Takanuva, he turns slightly darker, so I agree with your Chaotic Good judgement, but bear in mind he went through a LOT in his multi-dimensional journey trysyzh.

Chaotic as in they would kill to fulfil a plan. Chaotic in the D&D system means not following conventions. In fantasy terms Paladins are lawful, working under a close organization with strict rules. A secret group of Good Warriors, who are willing to break rules, are Chaotic Good. Remember, the OoMN was made for things to dark, like espionage are exterminations, too dark for Toa.

Didn't know that meaning of "chaotic" the dutch word "chaotisch" just means that you don't have clear plans and that no-one can find a thing on a place were you've been. A bit like my desk :).In the other meaning you're right about them.

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

The Order of Mata Nui is sworn to enforce the will of Mata Nui, and they are disciplined and secretive. I think that would make them Lawful. Since they work for the good of their universe, they could be called Good, but some of the things they do for the greater good could push them into Lawful Neutral.Takua wandered around doing good deeds instead of working. I'd say that makes him Chaotic Good.The d20srd has an explanation of the alignment system that should clarify things.

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, put it like that then you are right. Maybe my bias of Chaotic Good focused more on the "do whatever it takes to help and for the good of the world(or universe)"part. I am still torn between Lawful Neutral and Lawful Good. Their goal is good, so their actions seem to be tending to Chaotic ratger than slightly Bad. But Lawful Neutral makes more sense...Here are some other alignments.Vezon is Chaotic Neutral.Toa are mostly the epitome of Lawful Good.The BoM turned Evil and are mostly Lawful Evil.

Hm, I'm not sure if the Makuta were mostly Lawful Evil. Antroz sure was. But I wouldn't call Teridax that. He didn't seem to adhere to any sort of code (though he did keep his promise to Vakama in Time Trap, but that didn't do anything to mess up his plans anyway), he was just willing to do whatever to advance his plans. I see the Shadowed One as much more Lawful - his grievance with Teridax's killing of Nidhiki and Krekka seemed to be a matter of professional honor, he released Norik when Varian made her choice, and he even assigned someone to kill him if he was perceived as going soft. That last one is a big sign of some sort of Lawful Evil ethic.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

The Barraki were mostly Lawful Evil, with the exceptions of Ehlek (Chaotic Evil) and Takadox (Neutral Evil)Artahka seems to be Lawful Good from what we've seenLessovik is Chaotic Good, but briefly dipped into Neutral.The GBs are True or Chaotic Neutral, Strakk is Chaotic Evil whilst Malum seems to be True Neutral.I personally see the Dark Hunters as a whole to be a neutral organization; They've worked happiliy with the Makuta and the Order and seem to have no agenda of their own, though, now that I think of it, TSO does seem pretty Lawful Evil to me.Finishing this post off with some '05: Sidorak was Lawful Evil, Roodaka was Neutral Evil, and Keetongu was either Lawful or Neutral Good.

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)