Hero Factory 2013 on Amazon

Toa Zaz

• [*]Launch an attack with the striking blade function.

• [*]Lock the clamps to protect the hero core.

• [*]Swing the rock-smasher arm.

These interest me. The whole "lock the clamps" thing makes me think that there's going to be a core-stealing aspect to the storyline again. Man, this would've been great for when Core Hunter was still around, huh?

And it looks like Bruizer and Scarox do have mechanisms after all. Simple swinging arm for Bruizer, I bet, but I'm not sure what kind of gimmick Scarox will have.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

• [*]Launch an attack with the striking blade function.

• [*]Lock the clamps to protect the hero core.

• [*]Swing the rock-smasher arm.

These interest me. The whole "lock the clamps" thing makes me think that there's going to be a core-stealing aspect to the storyline again. Man, this would've been great for when Core Hunter was still around, huh?And it looks like Bruizer and Scarox do have mechanisms after all. Simple swinging arm for Bruizer, I bet, but I'm not sure what kind of gimmick Scarox will have.

I'm almost certain Scarox's function will have his two "blade arms" over his shoulders strike forward much like the scorpion set in the LEGO Atlantis theme. The real question is whether it will be gear-driven, spring-based (perhaps using those 2M rubber beam pieces introduced in the LEGO Sports ice hockey figures from 2002), or just a little Technic piece you turn to make the two things strike forward. I'll be very disappointed if it's the latter, since it's clear corners were cut in Scarox's design to allow for the function.

so new pics

these pictures have actually changed my opinion quite a bit. on one hand, Breez looks even better to me(unless that actually turns out to be a goofy smile on her helmet), but Rocka's head looks too big now and something about Bruizer just seems... off. that thing on his head, maybe. the rest of the villains look a bit better(sans Pyrox(who's name, as of me typing this post, i understand now with him being a minotaur and all. PYRO OX. durr)). Furno XL also looks better here, though his crotch still desperately needs armor.

all in all, from these pics, the line as a whole looks a bit better to me. =)

overlordsukapon.png

so new pics

these pictures have actually changed my opinion quite a bit. on one hand, Breez looks even better to me(unless that actually turns out to be a goofy smile on her helmet), but Rocka's head looks too big now and something about Bruizer just seems... off. that thing on his head, maybe. the rest of the villains look a bit better(sans Pyrox(who's name, as of me typing this post, i understand now with him being a minotaur and all. PYRO OX. durr)). Furno XL also looks better here, though his crotch still desperately needs armor.

all in all, from these pics, the line as a whole looks a bit better to me. =)

However, Rocka and Breez's necks seem really thin and empty, and, as a matter of fact, every bit of them seems skeletal. Overall, these heroes really need the complex armoring that Breakout had.

For some reason, the only HF set I'm enamored with this wave is Ogrum, due to his beautiful colors and pieces. Bruizer and Bulk are cool because of their trans-orange shells, but they don't come close to Ogrum's green and brown.

I agree that Ogrum is great, but his butt-ugly head w/ the translucent green parasite kills it for me. I may want to buy another head and paint it brown for him if I get him.

Why jungle theme? wHy n0 gUnS?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

High-resolution images are on cache.LEGO.com!44000 Furno XLBag44001 PyroxBag44002 RockaBag44003 ScaroxBag44004 BulkBag44005 BruizerBag44006 BreezBag44007 OgrumBagInteresting how much Technic all of them use. Can't wait until reviews start popping up and we get to see just how these Technic components are utilized.EDIT: Fixed Scarox's links.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I don't see anything goofy at all about them, personally. Breez's expression is wonderfully subdued, Furno has a simple, confident grin, Rocka's mouth is no different than on the Breakout version, and Bulk has a scowl that doesn't seem at all goofy to me. Is having faces that look like they have actual expressions somehow inherently goofy? Because if so, there are a lot of collectors who should probably be taking sharpies to their vintage Star Wars and G.I. Joe action figures right about now.As far as I can tell, not one of these characters has a printed face, although Furno's visor seems to be printed.

The printing is on the helmets underneath their visors. It's especially evident on Bulk, who seems to be scowling with his weird greenish teeth.I guess the only real reason I dislike the printed expressions is because they just instantly started using them and it just feels wrong to me. I'm sure I'll get over it later.

Again, what that suggests to me is that there is a hole in the mask that shows the (green) head piece through-- same as with the Breakout version of Rocka. It's a bit misleading that Bulk is facing front, so you can't see the "depth" of the mouth cavity, but on Rocka it should be obvious that his greenish "mouth" is actually his head showing behind his mask rather than a printed detail. Bulk's mouth is also clearer on the cover of Hero Factory Secret Mission #3: Collision Course.Overall, I can't think of any reason Bulk would have a printed helmet piece when none of the others do. You won't need to get over it because frankly there is nothing to get over.

Bulk grew a nose! :superfunny:

I can't believe I forgot to cover how goofy (and slightly disturbing) these guys heads are. Argue all you like, but I feel like they are far too cartoony for hero factory (as if the "new", detail-less building system isn't cartoony looking enough!).

Pretty nice villain sets, but the heroes aren't as good as their previous versions. I want see how Scarox's function works. It's probably nothing much, but I still want to see it. Also, Ogrum looks like a Moblin. All he needs is a spear!

Scarox has a function?

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Considering BZP doesn't have a news post topic about it, I thought I'd mention that the new Brain Attack teaser appeared in Hero Factory. It also confirms that Brain Attack will last the whole year and there WILL be at least ONE new episode based around it. Really nice. Also it shows four Summer sets.

Also the episode looks awesome.

Like seriously.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Considering BZP doesn't have a news post topic about it, I thought I'd mention that the new Brain Attack teaser appeared in Hero Factory. It also confirms that Brain Attack will last the whole year and there WILL be at least ONE new episode based around it. Really nice. Also it shows four Summer sets. Also the episode looks awesome. Like seriously.

No kidding.That white villain looks really really good. And the visuals in general look a lot more impressive than ever before. (Poor Ogrums, they looked so peaceful)

AXKP5KC.png

Considering BZP doesn't have a news post topic about it, I thought I'd mention that the new Brain Attack teaser appeared in Hero Factory. It also confirms that Brain Attack will last the whole year and there WILL be at least ONE new episode based around it. Really nice. Also it shows four Summer sets. Also the episode looks awesome. Like seriously.

The animation is fantastic. And the sets all look way too awesome there. :D-Gata signoff.pngNo kidding.That white villain looks really really good. And the visuals in general look a lot more impressive than ever before. (Poor Ogrums, they looked so peaceful)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Any one else a bit worried that neither Stringer or Nex were in the trailer. I cant imagine them only releasing 3 heroes next wave Also Stormer looks amazing

I don't think we should assume that the heroes absent from the trailer aren't going to be sets... don't forget that the Breakout episode only featured six heroes. This ad shows seven, but hopefully Nex and Stringer will still be released as sets even if they don't feature in the episode.Stormer makes brilliant use of Chima and Technic parts, Surge has a lovely wing pack, and Evo reminds me of Phantoka Toa Pohatu in a good way. Overall, it's nice to see that all of the heroes will have very unique designs, just as in Breakout.

Any one else a bit worried that neither Stringer or Nex were in the trailer. I cant imagine them only releasing 3 heroes next wave Also Stormer looks amazing

I don't think we should assume that the heroes absent from the trailer aren't going to be sets... don't forget that the Breakout episode only featured six heroes. This ad shows seven, but hopefully Nex and Stringer will still be released as sets even if they don't feature in the episode.Stormer makes brilliant use of Chima and Technic parts, Surge has a lovely wing pack, and Evo reminds me of Phantoka Toa Pohatu in a good way. Overall, it's nice to see that all of the heroes will have very unique designs, just as in Breakout.

I've seen the trailer as well. They are really pushing me to get more that just a few figures with this line. Also Stringer and Nex could be sets. Breez Bulk and Nex weren't part of the Breakout tv series but were still sets. Plus we haven't seen official or leaked pics of the summer line of sets yet. So we won't know if Stringer and Nex will be part of this line.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

That trailer actually made me want those toys. Ice villain looks sweet, Pyrox looks palatable now, Surge has sweet wings, and the heros in general look better.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I've seen the trailer as well. They are really pushing me to get more that just a few figures with this line. Also Stringer and Nex could be sets. Breez Bulk and Nex weren't part of the Breakout tv series but were still sets. Plus we haven't seen official or leaked pics of the summer line of sets yet. So we won't know if Stringer and Nex will be part of this line.

I wouldn't be surprised if they only had three heroes. They tend to remove and add some heroes with each wave. :/

iwRQGDg.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if they only had three heroes. They tend to remove and add some heroes with each wave. :/

There has never been a full year that didn't have all of the heroes from the previous year's sets, and furthermore there's never been a wave with fewer than four hero sets. This isn't to say TLG is bound by precedent, but if you do choose to speculate based on precedent there's every indication that we'll get five heroes in the summer.

I wouldn't count on Nex and Bulk not being in the summer wave, or even in the episode. Note that we didn't see Breez or Rocka in the assembly tower, nor did we see Surge and Evo in the scene outside. Bulk and Nex could just be absent from the very few scenes that we see in the teaser.

AXKP5KC.png

Finally, discussion!

For the heroes, Furno looks pretty good. His armoring looks nice (in most places), especially for an XL, and I love his face shield decoration. The weapons look very cool and remind me a bit of how Tahu might look if he were a Hero...

Rocka is...well...meh. His sword looks cool, and the spinning blades was a nice touch (although a bit overdone), and I always like the gold, but definitely not my favorite.

Bulk/Stringer/Nex (who knows anymore, they've all been orange and some shade of grey at one point) looks decent. The scowl is odd, and the nose makes it look even worse. I would like to get some of his pieces though. Silver and trans orange... Honestly though, the rest of him doesn't make it worth it.

Breez was clearly my favorite from the moment I first saw her set. I've always like Lego's aethetic with Breez, and they've managed to pull it off again. The leg armor looks a bit odd, but the buzz saw shield and bow definitely make up for it. Definitely going to be my first hero.

Villains just look awesome as always. What kind of lesson is Lego teaching kids, encouraging them to buy villains? :P

Pyrox's aethetic just looks awesome, although I wish he had some coloring to make his face and arms look like it does in the episode. :D The transorange is cool, especially that epic leg piece that looks way better than 2.0's lava pieces. I really like the use of the Ben 10 feet here too. He looks like a great place to get the new rock armor, the 3 hole technic piece, and fire pieces, so I might just get him. On a side note, I wonder how Lego got the red spikes in. I'm picturing hard plastic with the rubbery trans-yellow molded around it, but I'm not sure.

Scarox just looks really cool. I can't wait to see his function, but even if it fails, that head and gold makes up for it. I can't wait to see the MOCs that come out of that. The rest of him though is hardly worth mentioning, and I'm a bit worried about how much red is on his back. One thing that really bugs me though (heh, pun not intended) is his pincers. Are those teeth pieces, or part of the head? I suspect the latter, but every time I take a closer look, I'm not sure.

Bruizer is interesting. I don't think we've seen trans-red in too many constraction sets, and it's nice to see it back here. The rock pieces are really cool and really complete the aesthetic. I'm very curious about the rock arm too. Probably a switch on his back connected to the technic axle on his arm? Either way, I'm so glad Lego's bringing back functions!!

And Bruizer's picture kind of proves the multi-connection head. If you look in his mouth, there's that little indent we all know and love from Bionicle masks, showing there's a pin right there. The brain probably attaches to an upper hole, but I'm really curious about those eyes. Is it part of the head, part of the Brain (which would explain why they all have red spines) or constructed like a Mistaka Makuta head, with technic pieces. I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Ogrum looks decent, I'm not going to buy him though. The brown Piraka feet will be well recieved, I bet though, as with the rest of the brown. Hopefully Lego will be bringing it back in the future.

Thank you very much to Creep of the Deep and Chro for posting those images, since I couldn't get the video up no matter what I tried. The sneak peeks look awesome, and I can't wait for those new pieces like the ice pieces for Stormer and the Frost enemy. I really like the part usage on Surge's wings, and the folding function seems to work very well. I can't wait to see more images of that new enemy, and now I'm really thinking of making some Throwbot elemental enemies. Ah, nostalgia. These pieces would all work so well for any kind of elemental. Stormer looks very cool, and I can't wait to see what his helmet turns out to be like. The Chi cannon things look cool, but maybe a bit much. I can only hope they fold back like Surge's wings. I'm probably going to have to get Evo just for that transblue, and the tool looks cool, and very much like Pohatu Phantoka. I think the only ones we haven't seen then are Nex and Stringer, hopefully they'll be in the next wave.

And I agree, the Brains seem so much like Kraata-Krana-Visorak. The enemies sound very Bionicle-esque (Dune Crawler, Rock Giant), and the originals are actually kind of cute. Lego seems to have put content little grins on their faces for no reason whatsoever, and made them all small and innocent looking (usually).

I also really can't wait to see the combiners and the rest of the sets! :D

Bulk/Stringer/Nex (who knows anymore, they've all been orange and some shade of grey at one point) looks decent. The scowl is odd, and the nose makes it look even worse. I would like to get some of his pieces though. Silver and trans orange... Honestly though, the rest of him doesn't make it worth it.

That one's Bulk; we already know that. I agree he's not my favorite, though I have grown to like his face.

Villains just look awesome as always. What kind of lesson is Lego teaching kids, encouraging them to buy villains? :D The transorange is cool, especially that epic leg piece that looks way better than 2.0's lava pieces. I really like the use of the Ben 10 feet here too. He looks like a great place to get the new rock armor, the 3 hole technic piece, and fire pieces, so I might just get him. On a side note, I wonder how Lego got the red spikes in. I'm picturing hard plastic with the rubbery trans-yellow molded around it, but I'm not sure.

Not sure about the plastic material, but the brain slugs' spikes are indeed the same piece as the rest of the slugs, and the same material as the cross-axle underneath that attaches them to the heads.

Scarox just looks really cool. I can't wait to see his function, but even if it fails, that head and gold makes up for it. I can't wait to see the MOCs that come out of that. The rest of him though is hardly worth mentioning, and I'm a bit worried about how much red is on his back. One thing that really bugs me though (heh, pun not intended) is his pincers. Are those teeth pieces, or part of the head? I suspect the latter, but every time I take a closer look, I'm not sure.

I personally don't like Scarox. No matter how good his function is (and I've heard it's pretty rubbish), his design cuts too many corners for my liking. His arms are dreadfully short and unimposing, and he's not as well-armored as the other villains from this wave (and unlike XT4, I can't say it works for him... the chunky 2.0 torso shell contrasts with the mostly armorless limbs, and yet even it looks dismally bare).

Bruizer is interesting. I don't think we've seen trans-red in too many constraction sets, and it's nice to see it back here. The rock pieces are really cool and really complete the aesthetic. I'm very curious about the rock arm too. Probably a switch on his back connected to the technic axle on his arm? Either way, I'm so glad Lego's bringing back functions!!And Bruizer's picture kind of proves the multi-connection head. If you look in his mouth, there's that little indent we all know and love from Bionicle masks, showing there's a pin right there. The brain probably attaches to an upper hole, but I'm really curious about those eyes. Is it part of the head, part of the Brain (which would explain why they all have red spines) or constructed like a Mistaka Makuta head, with technic pieces. I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Bruizer's transparent parts are Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange (Trans-Neon Orange), not Transparent Red. Bruizer's eyes are a part of the brain, same as all the villains.If you're curious where I got this info, I've seen out-of-package pics and video reviews floating around the internet. I do not yet own any of these sets, so I can't answer questions about them on demand.

I've see a review of Bulk and I'm sad to say that he does not have this piece from the Vampyre castle in black

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=10288

Its just this piece.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32015

Which I find disappointing. I want that piece from the vampyre castle. But I want it in black since black is a much easier color to use than brown.

On another note. The sets have new head molds. They have the same connections as the old glatorian head but there's also a connection on the front. It might work with axle connected kanohi masks. But I'd have to wait to test it out. Also the visors on the heroes clip on the back of the head and can be flipped up similar to how they did in the show.

Edited by Takanuinuva

I've see a review of Bulk and I'm sad to say that he does not have this piece from the Vampyre castle in blackhttp://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=10288 Its just this piece.http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32015 Which I find disappointing. I want that piece from the vampyre castle. But I want it in black since black is a much easier color to use than brown. On another note. The sets have new head molds. They have the same connections as the old glatorian head but there's also a connection on the front. It might work with axle connected kanohi masks. But I'd have to wait to test it out. Also the visors on the heroes clip on the back of the head and can be flipped up similar to how they did in the show.

Actually, there is also a clip connection on the back of the head.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Yes, it does connect to Kanohi with axle connections. Bruizer, and probably the other villains, have an axle connection for the head, which attaches to the front of the face.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I've see a review of Bulk and I'm sad to say that he does not have this piece from the Vampyre castle in blackhttp://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=10288 Its just this piece.http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32015 Which I find disappointing. I want that piece from the vampyre castle. But I want it in black since black is a much easier color to use than brown. On another note. The sets have new head molds. They have the same connections as the old glatorian head but there's also a connection on the front. It might work with axle connected kanohi masks. But I'd have to wait to test it out. Also the visors on the heroes clip on the back of the head and can be flipped up similar to how they did in the show.

Actually, there is also a clip connection on the back of the head.-Gata signoff.png

That's what I meant when i said the visor clips on the back.

Yes, it does connect to Kanohi with axle connections. Bruizer, and probably the other villains, have an axle connection for the head, which attaches to the front of the face.

I know it does, What I wonder is if the axle is too far up on the head. If its too far up. Using Kanohi might not look right.

Huh, for some reason I missed the part where you said that. O.o Sorry about that.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I know it does, What I wonder is if the axle is too far up on the head. If its too far up. Using Kanohi might not look right.

Yeah, it's really high, and it also means there is no eyes on the head either. The sets look pretty cool in the reviews I found though.