Ok, I have realized, after watching Savage Planet many many times, that some things appear to be severely screwed up. Here are my theories. Quaza has very strange effects. When the power of raw Quaza is forced into the body of a being with no Quaza already in its anatomy, it was little to no affect, as seen when Witch attacked Scorpio with his Quaza Skull Staff. But, when he did the same to Stormer, he was in horrible pain because his Hero Core was overloaded and his small body couldn't take the immense energy. When Witch put the Quaza Spikes on the animals, their bodies rejected the outside power source because they are techno-organic. But, because the power was injected directly into the spinal cord of the animals, it affected the biomechanical medulla oblongata and caused a drastic increase in aggression (like an alligator). When Witch took control of the animals, the Quaza was linked directly to that of his staff which was also directly linked to his skull face, which is, of course, linked to his own mind. When he took control of them entirely, they expressed anger and pain. When Witch had his staff broken, the lack of the power of Quaza inside him caused a horrible withdrawal and is slowly killing him. The Quaza took over as his primary source of power, acting like an overloaded Hero Core. It is dying because it cannot be recharged, and results in a diseased Witch Doctor. Another thing: Rocka's Hero Core was almost completely dead after a short, easy mission and a fight with a couple of dogs. Nex used a small amount of his own Quaza energy to revive Rocka's depleted Core. Wouldn't that only give Rocka enough energy for a small amount of time? When Rocka was fitted with Lion armor, he must have used Nex's portable recharging kit, meaning there would be no more energy left for the other Heroes. This means he has more energy than the rest of them, and Nex has less. Later, Nex was severely beaten by Scorpio but still had enough energy to fight Raw-Jaw and recharge the teleportation tunnel. The power of the Hero Core seems to be inconsistent. Non-Quaza related: It would appear that Raw jaw is the given name of a specific young Gorrillaphant and not the name of the species. Scorpio also seems to be the name of a large Quatros Scorpion. Waspix may or may not be like that, but the one shown appeared to be female, and cared very little for those who saved her from slavery and, ultimately, death. The same went with Scorpio. When Furno ripped off one Quaza Spike, only one was not enough to control it, but it was still mildly aggressive and gave its own life for vengeance. He threw Furno off his back, and instead of thanking him, he merely looked that general direction and gave a slight nod. Scorpio then was attacked and eventually KILLED by Raw-Jaw. Also, it was said that Witch had a pack of Fangz by his side at all times. In Savage Planet, only two were seen during the entire episode. Am I right? Did I miss anything? Please tell me what you think.

LlqByyh.png

1) Stormer already had enough Quaza in his system, and it was overloading his core. The animals probably can take as much power as needed, like Fire Lord, because it goes throughout their whole bodies rather than just to their cores. 2) It says in the beginning that Rocka had been on a mission before going to Quatros. His core was probably already drained, and the fight took out what was left. And we don't know how long he fought the Fangzs. 3) The Scorpio, or Quatros Scorpions, whatever, are probably more agressive anyway. 4) That's like saying Tahu doesn't exist because he wasn't in the Legend Reborn. Just because we only saw 2 doesn't mean they don't exist. And I think you're making Hero Factory a bit more scientific than it's meant to be.

1) Stormer already had enough Quaza in his system, and it was overloading his core. The animals probably can take as much power as needed, like Fire Lord, because it goes throughout their whole bodies rather than just to their cores. 2) It says in the beginning that Rocka had been on a mission before going to Quatros. His core was probably already drained, and the fight took out what was left. And we don't know how long he fought the Fangzs. 3) The Scorpio, or Quatros Scorpions, whatever, are probably more agressive anyway. 4) That's like saying Tahu doesn't exist because he wasn't in the Legend Reborn. Just because we only saw 2 doesn't mean they don't exist. And I think you're making Hero Factory a bit more scientific than it's meant to be.

1) Fire Lord didn't have a Hero Core, nor was he powered by Quaza. 2) That is what I said. 3) Not according to previous information given. 4) I never said they didn't exist. I said Witch only had two.

LlqByyh.png

I don't know much about Quaza, but I think you're really over-analyzing it. As for Raw-Jaw, though, I will say that I still think Raw-Jaw, Scorpio, Waspix, and Fangz are all species names which can double as given names. This happens several times throughout BIONICLE, including with the Bohrok, Rahkshi, Vahki, Visorak, and Skrall.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'm not really sure what you're getting at with the Quaza part; yes, it affects different types of beings differently. The Quaza, in conjunction with the Skull Staff, transformed the Witch Doctor, and allowed him to use it as energy. When he implanted corrupted Quaza (presumably corrupted by the staff), it allowed him to control the animals (the "why" in that instance is relatively unimportant). And when he struck Stormer with the corrupted Quaza energy, it had adverse effects on Stormer's pure, uncorrupted core. All of that makes sense. As for Quaza levels, well, some of that is directorial license. Remember that Rocka was returning from a mission, so that and a huge beating is likely to take a toll on his energy levels. He's recharged a little bit and then fitted with lion armor (which I don't think had anything to do with Nex; Nex wasn't even there when he changed armor, so more than likely the ship was equipped with something to help him be armored). In theory, Nex could have looked a little more fatigued at the end (since his core got used up a lot) but he didn't end up doing any fighting anyway at the end, so maybe that's why. Onto Raw-Jaw: "Gorrilaphant", no matter what people say, is most definitely not a species name, or anything close to official; it's simply a portmanteau of the words "gorrila" and "elephant" (duh), creatures that the Raw-Jaw was said to resemble. And Raw-Jaw isn't actually a species at all; if you look at all official descriptions, it is only ever described as a singular animal, and not more than one Raw-Jaw is ever seen at any given time; the obvious answer to that is that there is only one Raw-Jaw. Scorpio, alternatively, has been explicitly named as the species, and this one particular one is under the control of the Witch Doctor. The breaking of a single Quaza spike was mostly to move the story along; that particular spike is where With Doctor sent his controlling signals, so that's the one to break. And Scorpio wasn't killed, he was simply tossed offscreen; I have no idea where people keep getting this idea that he was killed from, where was that ever shown, or even implied? The Waspix gender is also not really important, it just happened to have a female voice actor (Breez's, specifically, probably just so they could include her again in the series). As for why it didn't care, well, at the core of it, it's still a beast (and noted to be only "semi-intelligent"), so gratitude is probably something it doesn't prioritize as expressing. Finally, the Fangz hounds. Yes, Witch Doctor did keep several near him at all times; what do you think those ones harassing the mini-Heroes were? He was always around at least two Fangz hounds.

I don't know much about Quaza, but I think you're really over-analyzing it. As for Raw-Jaw, though, I will say that I still think Raw-Jaw, Scorpio, Waspix, and Fangz are all species names which can double as given names. This happens several times throughout BIONICLE, including with the Bohrok, Rahkshi, Vahki, Visorak, and Skrall.

That would not make sense, though. Are you implying that there are different types of these animals? And I am only trying to figure out how the scientific properties of Quaza work in a mechanical body, nothing more. I am asking for an alternative explanation everybody! I didn't come up with all of this just for people to say I'm wrong about everything.

LlqByyh.png

That would not make sense, though. Are you implying that there are different types of these animals? And I am only trying to figure out how the scientific properties of Quaza work in a mechanical body, nothing more. I am asking for an alternative explanation everybody! I didn't come up with all of this just for people to say I'm wrong about everything.
If you're going to post a theory, you need to be willing to take criticisms on it. Find out what's wrong with your theory, re-examine the evidence, and adapt to form a new one. That's the whole point. As it is, we don't have much specific information on the workings of Quaza on the body. We know that ordinary civilians can't handle pure Quaza cores being put in their body; the Skull Staff thusly transformed Witch into someone who could handle that energy. You argue that the different reactions of the creatures means that Quaza affects them differently; a completely plausible alternative is that it's based on circumstance and personality. Waspix doesn't thank the Heroes because it is more primitive, and decides to fly away and return to its normal existence. Raw-Jaw thanks the Heroes because it has been struggling with the Quaza effects the whole time, and is relatively intelligent by comparison. The Scorpio doesn't thank the Heroes because it has been seething at being under Witch's direct control the whole time (as noted by its official biography), and is more interested in revenge than gratitude. The Fangz do thank the Heroes (in their adorable canine way) only after everything has settled. There's not much you can glean for a scientific analysis based on so little information, hence why people think you're over-analyzing it.

If you're going to post a theory, you need to be willing to take criticisms on it. Find out what's wrong with your theory, re-examine the evidence, and adapt to form a new one. That's the whole point. As it is, we don't have much specific information on the workings of Quaza on the body. We know that ordinary civilians can't handle pure Quaza cores being put in their body; the Skull Staff thusly transformed Witch into someone who could handle that energy. You argue that the different reactions of the creatures means that Quaza affects them differently; a completely plausible alternative is that it's based on circumstance and personality. Waspix doesn't thank the Heroes because it is more primitive, and decides to fly away and return to its normal existence. Raw-Jaw thanks the Heroes because it has been struggling with the Quaza effects the whole time, and is relatively intelligent by comparison. The Scorpio doesn't thank the Heroes because it has been seething at being under Witch's direct control the whole time (as noted by its official biography), and is more interested in revenge than gratitude. The Fangz do thank the Heroes (in their adorable canine way) only after everything has settled. There's not much you can glean for a scientific analysis based on so little information, hence why people think you're over-analyzing it.
point made. carry on, everyone.

LlqByyh.png

I think you're taking this movie a little too seriously. Keep in mind, this is the "Get down, as in boogie?" and "This is just like herding cattle back home" and "Mmmmmmmm, cake" TV show. I don't think the writers would labor over the subtle effects of quaza on characters too much.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I think you're taking this movie a little too seriously. Keep in mind, this is the "Get down, as in boogie?" and "This is just like herding cattle back home" and "Mmmmmmmm, cake" TV show. I don't think the writers would labor over the subtle effects of quaza on characters too much.

Agreed - don't overthink this show, or anything else Lego makes, for that matter.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Agreed - don't overthink this show, or anything else Lego makes, for that matter.
I overthink BIONICLE, and no-one's complained about that... *Looks at official TPTB topic*I stand corrected.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

please say something about the topic, not just "you overthink it." over and over. really, not one person has said anything other than my over-analyzation of the quaza. it's annoying.

That's mostly because that's all there is to talk about; HF is still in the phase Bionicle was in '01-02, so things like these are expected - anyone remember the Tohunga? - and you just have to gloss over those sorts of things.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

please say something about the topic, not just "you overthink it." over and over. really, not one person has said anything other than my over-analyzation of the quaza. it's annoying.

Hold on, there were other things? Not just your over-analysation of Quaza? *Looks*Nah, just seeing the Quaza. =P Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I would have liked it a lot better if they took out some of the completely random one-liners the heroes constantly spout; "This is just like herding cattle back home" and "I saw this in a movie once" and "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, cake" etc. Also, although it wasn't rushed like Ordeal of Fire, I think at parts it kind of dragged, like in the Scorpio/Waspix fight, which (felt) like 10 minutes long and nothing cool happened.I have mixed opinions on the Furno/Rocka rivalry. On one hand, it's good because at first I thought Rocka was just gonna be another overglorified Furno character, but it worked out because his personality makes Furno jealous; he's been on the spotlight up til now. On the other hand, does Stormer have to decide to have a little leadership competition thing NOW, when THE WHOLE @#$%&*!%@$#&8 WORLD IS ENDING? If Armageddon was imminent and we had to stop it, I wouldn't say "Hey, you two. To finally decide who's better, let's have a competition between you on making the decisions!"

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't used to believe in over-analyzing, but then I took this topic to the knee.

I think you anilzing the plot more than the writers did.

Totally agree with you on that one.

This is definitely one of the more intelligent posts on this topic. Writers do not care about this kind of thing, and do overlook certain facts. It's most likely best just to keep that in mind.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

• 3 weeks later...

Quaza is a MacGuffin and not a well writen or thought out one. It does what ever the writers need it to do at any given time, Like Protodermus.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.