The Skakdi were colorless ?

So, we all know that the Skakdi were a peaceful race until Spiriah come and made experiments with them. It ended up that the Skakdi gained elemental powers and some others powers. So my point is, before the experiment, the Skakdi did not had colors at all ! What do you guys think ?

Edited by jalar

I don't think there is evidence either way on this. They could have had colors before the upgrade, or Spiriah could have given them colors. Although why they would have had colors before that happened is uncertain, why would Spiriah bother to give them colors? Cause divisions and color wars?

I suppose it would make sense, seeing as the Piraka were seemingly color coordinated with the classical Bionicle elements, however so far we've only seen Hakann and Avak use their elemental powers, and we're simply led to assume all the others colors match up. This might not be the case.

I suppose it would make sense, seeing as the Piraka were seemingly color coordinated with the classical Bionicle elements, however so far we've only seen Hakann and Avak use their elemental powers, and we're simply led to assume all the others colors match up. This might not be the case.

Strange, don't you think ? All the colors of the piraka were original to them before the experiments, and then after it, they gain the elemental powers corresponding with their colors ? I think its too much coincidence to be true...

Edited by jalar

They could have had powerless elemental affiliations, like the Matoran, or no natural elemental affiliation, like most species. I was wondering this too, and posted the question in the Ask Greg topic.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Of course, this begs the question. What were the Skakdi intended for anyway?

If I remember well, the Brotherhood of Makuta wanted them to be soldiers or something like that. ^_^

According to BS01, Mata Nui made them, and they were a peaceful race until Spiriah showed up. MN was bored?

This matches up very well with a question I proposed in the "Skakdi Elements" topic - did Spiriah give Skakdi their Elemental association as well as their powers, or did he give them powers based on a pre-existing Elemental affliation/coloration? Obviously, both options have their respective support - I'm leaning towards the former, though, due to both the coincidence mentioned above and a few other factors.

I've always thought that Skakdi were meant to assist the Toa in the event of a major catastrophe - Skakdi are shown to be immensely strong by nature, so they could aid in manual labor where the Toa do more of the precision work.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

This matches up very well with a question I proposed in the "Skakdi Elements" topic - did Spiriah give Skakdi their Elemental association as well as their powers, or did he give them powers based on a pre-existing Elemental affliation/coloration? Obviously, both options have their respective support - I'm leaning towards the former, though, due to both the coincidence mentioned above and a few other factors.

Do we have any evidence either way?

I've always thought that Skakdi were meant to assist the Toa in the event of a major catastrophe - Skakdi are shown to be immensely strong by nature, so they could aid in manual labor where the Toa do more of the precision work.

Nektann wondered the same thing when he learned Mata Nui was a machine. I think someone asked Greg but the answer given was something unhelpful like 'it hasn't been revealed' or 'it's not important to the story'. Do we know Skakdi were strong before they got mutated? A lot of biomechanical beings are very strong, anyway.

I wondered if Zakaz might have contained a deposit of valuable materials meant to be mined over the course of Mata Nui's mission to keep the rest of the world supplied. But think I just thought of that because Zaktan used to be a miner, so it would be a silly assumption to make.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Maybe we could track this back to the Red Star malfunction.

Perhaps when Mata Nui learned that his workers that worked on more dangerous tasks weren't coming back, he created tougher "Matoran" to do the dirty work. It was mentioned that Zaktann worked in a dangerous Protodermis mine.

I think it's likely they were already colored and he gave them powers based on that.

Of course, it's possible they gained colors after being granted powers. If they really were all the same color before, they were probably silver.

Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Maybe we could track this back to the Red Star malfunction.

Perhaps when Mata Nui learned that his workers that worked on more dangerous tasks weren't coming back, he created tougher "Matoran" to do the dirty work. It was mentioned that Zaktann worked in a dangerous Protodermis mine.

While he did create species to fulfill different roles, I don't think he could have replaced the Matoran.

I think it's likely they were already colored and he gave them powers based on that.

Of course, it's possible they gained colors after being granted powers. If they really were all the same color before, they were probably silver.

Maybe gold and gunmetal too, because some of the Piraka had those colors. And gray - Nektann was blue and gray.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, if they were originally colorless, Spiriah could have given them colors corresponding to their elements to make them more identifiable.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Well, if they were originally colorless, Spiriah could have given them colors corresponding to their elements to make them more identifiable.

That's my thought. That's just assuming this theory is correct, of course- I still think that they had color already and their armor colors do not correspond to their elements.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

their armor colors do not correspond to their elements.

But they do. We just don't know if they had those elements before Spiriah mutated them.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

But they do. We just don't know if they had those elements before Spiriah mutated them.

I believe he meant not correspond as in don't have a cause-effect relation. The Skakdi we've seen might very well match just coincidentally.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I believe he meant not correspond as in don't have a cause-effect relation. The Skakdi we've seen might very well match just coincidentally.

Exactly. As GB Velika said, we've only seen Hakann and Avak use their powers, so we only definitively know their elements, not anyone else's. It's perfectly possible that, for example, Reidak's power is, say, sonics, or perhaps Vezok's is plasma. Not to say that I think that's what they are, but it is possible.

but their spirits

Are you sure? BS01 lists the Zaktan as a Skakdi of Air, Vezok and Nektann of Skakdi of Water, etc. I'm pretty sure that's accurate. And Thok, Reidak, and Vezok have elementally themed weapons - an ice gun, a drill, and a harpoon respectively.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

I...What?It...Huh?That's how I initially reacted to this. Because I'm not seeing the conclusion at all. You jumped straight from hypothesis to to conclusion without anything to support it. Why do they have to be colorless? What made you come to that idea?It's far more likely, in my personal opinion, that their powers were based on their colors. Just as they were in real life (ie "Avak is brown so we have to give him stone powers"), that's probably all the thinking Spiriah gave to it.And for the record, we do in fact know all of their powers and they do correspond to the colors. I know it's been almost seven years since they were introduced, but their powers were pretty firmly established from the beginning.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Strange, don't you think ? All the colors of the piraka were original to them before the experiments, and then after it, they gain the elemental powers corresponding with their colors ? I think its too much coincidence to be true...

It's called 'marketing' not coincidence. :P

Anyhow, we've only seen seven eight (forgot Vezon) Skakdi, so unless GregF confirmed something that I didn't hear about, we don't know for certain that all Skakdi's powers match up with their colors anyway.

Edited by LewaLew
How well will you die?

It's possible they had other colors that the elemental ones mixed with or overpowered. :shrugs:

Or maybe their current secondary colors are that individual's natural colors, while the primary is the elemental?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It's possible they had other colors that the elemental ones mixed with or overpowered. :shrugs:

Or maybe their current secondary colors are that individual's natural colors, while the primary is the elemental?

-----Quote End-----

That might be the case. They have gun metal, silver and golden armor. Also, look at Vezon, who is (half) a Skakdi with no element affliction, and he has silver and black armor. I guess all Skakdi piror to the elemental-transmution have the same or at least similar color scheme.

Edited by Podu
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I think that the light Skakdi were the first type, as the Av-Matoran.

No. Spiriah gave them elemental powers, they aren't created with them- and there isn't really a good reason that he'd give them light powers. You've mentioned this idea before, right?

but their spirits

I think that the light Skakdi were the first type, as the Av-Matoran.

No. Spiriah gave them elemental powers, they aren't created with them- and there isn't really a good reason that he'd give them light powers. You've mentioned this idea before, right?

I'm not speaking about powers, i refer to the elemental affiliation.

And yes, i've mentioned this idea before.

PS: sorry for errors, blame the translator.

biofighter_banner_platform.png
http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=418]

-----Quote End-----

That might be the case. They have gun metal, silver and golden armor. Also, look at Vezon, who is (half) a Skakdi with no element affliction, and he has silver and black armor. I guess all Skakdi piror to the elemental-transmution have the same or at least similar color scheme.

Good point about Vezon's color. It actually makes a lot of sense ! :D

Someone should ask greg about this skakdi color thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they had colors before gaining powers. Their colors DO correspond to their elements, though. While I don't think color determined element, I do think they are linked. Maybe color and element are determined by the same "gene", which gave elements by reacting to Spiriah's sciency stuff in a certain way.

Or maybe Spiriah decided to give elements based on colors? Who knows.