Cars that you like

Makuta of Time

I love cars. Though my favorites list is rather long so I will try and shorten it. I will say here that I love American muscle cars, especially the Mustangs, though I love and would gladly accept a Challenger or Camaro too. Also, I heard that Carroll Shelby (known for his iconic Cobra and maker of the famous Shelby Mustangs) died earlier this year.

Anyway, here is a 2013 Shelby Mustang.

2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-prototype_100379413_m.jpg

Engine: Supercharged V8 with 650HP and 600 ft-lbs of torque

0-60 MPH: Under 4 Seconds

Top Speed: 202 MPH

Price: About 60,000 USD

It is said that it has the most powerful V8 ever put into production.

Oh and I found this one the internet, for all you car loving Bronies out there.

1.jpg

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I would like to add a Ferrari 458, Ariel Atom, and the Zonda Cinque Roadster

I love these too, and because I live in America the sizes of those cars would be no problem here, no speed cameras either (at least not in any part of America I have seen). As for the Ariel Atom, they are rare in America, but I think you can legally import them. Even if I could, I would only get one if I had a lot of expendable income or if I won it in something because of the sheer impracticality of it. Still a good car and a blast to drive from what I see.

Oh and while I am here, check this thing out, it is the Hennessey Venom GT, or known in some circles as "The Veyron Killer".

venom1.jpg

Engine: 1244 HP V8

0-60 MPH: 2.5 Seconds

0-200 MPH: 15.3 Seconds (for reference a Bugatti Veyron takes about 22-24.2 seconds)

Top Speed: 275 MPH

Edited by Samhain

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

The Henessey Venom is a beautiful car. I remember reading an article on it - it was a joke that was passed around between the designers, since one of them said, "Wouldn't it be funny to put a Lotus body with one of our engines?" Weeks later, it became a reality. I must say, the result is fantastic, and I saw a roadster/convertible version of it.

The Lamborghini Aventador is perhaps my second favorite car. Aggresion and beauty have met, and they've found that they are a perfect match when Lamborghini introduces them to one another. =P

And I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this car: The McLaren MP4-12C. (I believe that is the proper way it is written, if not, forgive me.) It's sleek design is an exotic beauty unmatched by the 458 Italia. It's one of the few car companies, like Lamborghini, that can pull off orange paint on a car.

Perhaps I'm getting a little overdescriptive, but cars such as these have a passionate, elegant look to them. I get a little carried away when I begin to describe them...

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Call me patriot if you want, but Ferrari is one of my favorite brands. :P I also like Mustangs and those old Dodge, you know, the Challenger ( model "General Lee" XD ) and the Charger. Nissan's Skyline and GT-R are pretty nice. Audi R8 is cool as well, and Gumpert Apollo is not bad. Though I can't say with most precision which is my favorite. I used to like very much Dodge Viper, but I can't really decide, now by now. Perhaps 458 Italia? ;)

Carrol Shelby did die. Every race event and historic races Ford and Shelby(company) went to they had very big exhibits of Shelby's carrier with them and had Cobra parades on the tracks.

I like mostly older muscle/poney(Mustangs ans Camaros proper class) cars, or older tuners. I have a 66 Mustang that I'm making it a GT350 and a 87 Acura Integra RS which I'm also buffing it out a bit cause I can. :P

Though the newer Challenger SRT8 and Mustang Boss 302 laguna secca look nice.

The-Crew-Xbox-360-Ps3-Playstation-3-Wall

I am not the biggest fan of fuel efficient cars, not that I hate them of course (I got to drive my grandfather's prius once, and it was not bad at all). But I do like going faster even if that means sacrificing some fuel economy. I do have a problem with electric cars though, specifically that they seem to have ridiculously long recharge times, which I have seen in a range of about 12-16 hours, they also recommend that you don't try charging it unless the battery is empty or it will wear down the battery faster. The other gripe I will list here is the price, consider the Fisker Karma...

Fisker_Karma.jpg

Of all electric cars, I would probably want to own this one the most, but there is another problem, it costs about $99,000, and it is classified as a sub-compact with a 0-60 MPH time of 5.9 seconds. To be honest that is not really "bang for your buck" especially considering you can buy a new car with the same performance stats for about 1/4th that price. If you have that much money to spend on a car anyway, I doubt you would spend it on this anyway because for that money you can buy a Chevrolet Corvette, Nissan GT-R, various models of Aston Martin and Porsche, ect. I think you get my point.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I saw a show that talks about cars, but this was 2 months ago. They said even though the Karma is electric and has a gas motor,(like the Volt) it doesn't really get the fuel economy like others. The mileage rating for highway was 33, and city is only 30. That seems pretty weird that a car that luxurious and stylish, that's also an electric, has that type of fuel economy.

That's if get an electric car I would go for the Volt from Chevy.

Sorry if I bursted your bubble with the Karma. :bigsmile:

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Not at all, though isn't the Chevy Volt a hybrid? The Fisker is technically not a hybrid because the gas engine in it does not directly move the car (it only charges the battery). Also I did not pick the Fisker because of it's fuel economy, but rather because it seems like the most fun and good performance specs. While the Volt seems like a nice car, I couldn't really see myself becoming that excited to actually drive it (this is not even considering that there is still a price issue here for me, for more then 2 grand less I can get a V8 mustang, something I would rather be driving then either of those).

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I would still call it a hybrid, because from what I heard, it is only running on pure electricity for about 25-50 (I heard about 35 more specifically) miles after fully charged, then it starts to use gas. In a sense it is really only an electric car if one never drives more then the amount of miles mentioned earlier. The Toyota Prius will also not use it's gas until it exceeds 15 MPH, but I wouldn't call it electric.

In other news, for those who are into Dodge, the new Dodge Dart will be getting an SRT version with anywhere from 250 to 350 HP and a possible AWD drivetrain. Things about it are a little hazy, but it is known we are getting one.

Edited by Samhain

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.